Ingame guild feature

Volin

1 minute ago, Kubik said:

how it can connects players if they have no access to it?

Why shouldnt they have access to it just if you dont see guild-tags in the chat? I dont get it.

if there will be no way to join a guild, no way to create a guild, no way to know if someone is in a guild, what is the point of having a guilds at all if only Admin created guilds will exist, but no one will see them anyway.

3 minutes ago, Kubik said:

if there will be no way to join a guild, no way to create a guild, no way to know if someone is in a guild, what is the point of having a guilds at all if only Admin created guilds will exist, but no one will see them anyway.

I still dont get it. My suggestion was to only have no TAG in the CHAT since that was the big discussion in the last days, which I deem unneccessary.

Everything else could work normally. If you join a game, you would see on the banner who belongs to what guild. In any case, the Chat-Tag-Information has nothing to do with creating, joining, etc. which is a completly seperate thing. It would be wierd if you need the Chat-Tags present to join a guild, so I dont see any connection.

Edited by Kapo

🤔 then there is some misunderstanding

"only have no TAG in the CHAT" well then there would be no tag at all anywhere?

"you would see on the banner who belongs to what guild" what banner?

Connection being that without any way to identify guild I do not see a point in having guild at all.

Just now, Kubik said:

you assuming that because your nickname have only 4 letters? Or did you do some research?

Sorry, but I can totally relate that you dont want clutter in the chat. But if you say now you cant find a place for 3 letters on that banner, then I can make a mockup for you.

32 minutes ago, Kubik said:

when just 2 people will be spamming trade chat you might not even be able to see that system notification

I haven't seen so much spam so as I can't scroll the window and was thinking that as good enough for me. I take your point so how about putting player/guild info message in the left box where the ingame [Outcry] usually go?

Personally I don't mind the long chat lines but that is because I play at pretty high res and can resize right message window to be really long. As dev, I get that you need to worry about all players. Maybe a poll or something? Not sure what's the channel, if there is any, on getting feedback from player base... 🙂

grafik.png.75a7f254a0c7ca0fcd9833e0db38e681.png

Join TCG - The Cool Guild.

If you want to see solutions, you have to have the mindset to come up with solutions. Not with the mindset to throw hurdles at people so nothing gets ever done and nothing will ever change.

Edited by Kapo

6 minutes ago, Kapo said:

grafik.png.75a7f254a0c7ca0fcd9833e0db38e681.png

Join TCG - The Cool Guild.

If you want to see solutions, you have to have the mindset to come up with solutions. Not with the mindset to throw hurdles at people so nothing gets ever done and nothing will ever change.

Well then I have solution for you (even though I guess this post might get deleted 😛 because I was told to not write these messages, because someone can take it seriously).

Go to EA's headquaters and ask nicely for the source code, of BF so we have access to everything and can change all things, not only things we managed to decompile (and understand).

5 minutes ago, Kubik said:

Go to EA's headquaters and ask nicely for the source code, of BF so we have access to everything and can change all things, not only things we managed to decompile (and understand).

A very convinient fallback position, if somebody has a worthwhile idea, isnt it?

The way I see it, you are using the basic premise of the whole project against people who try to contribute.

Edited by Kapo

@Kapo I get it confirmed 🎉 this very unexpected place for the tag is doable.

But Hanna wanted to stress out, that we do not have anyone right now to implement it. We have exactly 0 active people for Game Client Developer position 😞

Spoiler

That position requires only time, and what I call common sense. I do not know why there is so many points listed, that scare people away.

So if it will be decided to to add guilds to the server, I do not think they will be accessible to players any time soon 😞

Metagross31 likes this

2 minutes ago, Kubik said:

@Kapo I get it confirmed 🎉 this very unexpected place for the tag is doable.

But Hanna wanted to stress out, that we do not have anyone right now to implement it. We have exactly 0 active people for Game Client Developer position 😞

Well I have my reasons not to join, but I contribute to the project in a way I am able to.

Hopefully you guys find somebody motivated to do the deed.

Edited by Kapo