Looking for pure Fire BG10 Expert

Volin

Hey,

some may already have seen my question on the discord or elsewhere, the title explains it quite good. I am not looking for theoretical input, I am searching for an expert with practical experience in doing BG10 (in this case solo) against Stonekin enemys with pure Fire, just because 🙂

We are speaking about fighting Camps like this with t2: (if you want to see live, it's the current motm BG10 1pl on the Test Server)

grafik.thumb.png.988abd64127a1a3a6e0526e8e190524b.png

The missing spawner does not really challenge me. If there would be one, we could do this with 4 Eruptions.

I took it out once, but it was a bloddy, not cleanish, 8min
massacre (the t3 fight alone).

I can do it with pur Nature or Frost. Shadow has an easy life - but I can't find a propper solution for Fire. Am I missing something?

Looking forward for your ideas and ideally for your replays.

Cheers
Volin

Edited by Volin

Fire tends to be able to clear these camps by tackling one problem after another to continously open up more room for units to work with.
If you want to summarize the problems on Stonekin maps it usually is:

• Windhunters
  • Nox Sniper
  • Deepgorge towers
  • Moloch
  • Construct

Just tackle these one by one, usually a front to back approach is the way to go, though it can vary.
Usually early on Windhunters and the Nox Sniper severely hinder your options due to oneshot potential or cc from dragons, but they are also fairly easy to take out so that's the first step.
After that I realized that the Tortugun would turn around later than the construct and can be kited with Nomads easily outside of the tower range. So very easy to take out with Mines aswell.
If that wouldn't have been possible you'd just continue with Skyfire Drakes and Sunstriders. You'd use the Skyfire Drake to lure the Tortugun to your orb slowly. Prepare a few Mines there. Sunstriders to not take damage from the tower while luring. Use Nomads to take hits from the Tortugun and it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Your orb might take damage but should be able to survive. Usually 4-5 Skyfire are enough.
After that there is no real thread any longer because of Sunstrider (for remaining towers) + Skyfire drake combo.

I'll attach a replay. I did not play perfect here, especially the Tortugun part was poorly executed overall - was my third try and just realized I could do the kiting strategy on this particular map in this run, so it was a bit scuffed.
T3 was fully cleared at 8:35. I think you can get it down to 8 flat for sure or a bit lower than that with a perfect run.
rPvE_1Player_Level10_Stonekin_Pure Fire example t3 clear.pmv

I hope this helped.

Yeah really poorly executet 😄 May I ask how long it took you to came up with that? 🙂

This really helped me, delaying the orb/wells like that was the key, at minute 4:00 everthing became clear! My best attempt was a bloddy mess about 13 minutes, I hoped there would be better ways. Most of this should be adoptable to other Stonekin maps. Thank you once again kind master 🙂

Btw I appreciate so much that you not only tried yourself but you gave an example with your replay!

2 hours ago, Volin said:

Yeah really poorly executet 😄 May I ask how long it took you to came up with that? 🙂

This really helped me, delaying the orb/wells like that was the key, at minute 4:00 everthing became clear! My best attempt was a bloddy mess about 13 minutes, I hoped there would be better ways. Most of this should be adoptable to other Stonekin maps. Thank you once again kind master 🙂

Btw I appreciate so much that you not only tried yourself but you gave an example with your replay!

For the general strategy for this map about 10 minutes. From start to the finished run about 50.
I started out with checking the map for exploitable components and there was the cliff as the main component. Using the risk assessment from my previous post and checking fires available units and buildings it was obvious that the construct would and Moloch would absolutely rek any army consistant out of ground units that was not massive. So that was pretty much out, which left me with very few options actually, so I came in with the Blaster cannon + Mine combo as the first step, otherwise cc + towers would just be too much damage, not even speaking of the Tortugun.
In my first run I tried experimenting with Termite Hill for to maybe get them on max range to kill the towers but it proved to not be possible (for me at least), I had especially high hopes for a corner on the right top side of t2, but yeah no luck..

You know what instead of just explaining it in detail, I'll just upload all the replays before the final product you already saw... for whoever is interested. (the scout replay is just a 12 second one for me to check out the map.)
Replay names are too long, so I added a description for what it is.
rPvE_1Player_Level10_Stonekin_Pure Fire_Map scout.pmv --> Map scouting
rPvE_1Player_Level10_Stonekin_Pure Fire_Test1.pmv --> Test 1
rPvE_1Player_Level10_Stonekin_Pure Fire_Test2.pmv --> Test 2

grafik.thumb.png.0203ace3ecef444dff2c1b95bf9e223a.png

Edited by Treim
Volin likes this

Hehe. Yeah the priority - and the way to kill - the Windhunters was obvious to me. But I was so mind blocked, that I always took my t2, which buffs the Tortugun to get its strong range attack. A Killer to my Skyfires.

Your creativity impressed me once again 😉