Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

Jump to content
BEWARE: Multiaccounting Will Cause Permabans! Read more... ×
Eirias

Which Faction Should I Cover Next in my Deck Building Guide?

Which Faction Should I Cover Next in my Deck Building Guide?  

55 members have voted

  1. 1. Which faction should I cover next in my Deck Building Guide?

    • Pure Shadow
    • Shadow Frost
    • Shadow Nature
    • Pure Frost
    • Stonekin
    • Something else? (like 2v2 decisions, or more budgeting considerations. Idk, just comment below if you think of more ways to expand this guide)


Recommended Posts

Wow, hard to believe there's only 5 factions left! And yes, this post means I'm basically done with Pure Nature, so I'm looking for a strong Pure Nature player to write the "evolution of the deck" section. (btw, @LagOps, have you had a chance to work on the Bandits matchups? @Mental Omega You also seem quite knowledgeable about bandits, if you want to help a brother out).

I know I haven't posted anything about my guide for a while, so for those new forum members who don't know about it, here's a link: 

 

Rather than just asking people on my status about what faction I should do next (because it's basically always @Ultrakool and a few other people who vote :)) I'm going to make a poll! I'll use this same poll for the rest of the guide. I made it so you can vote multiple times. If you want 2 factions covered equally, then go ahead and vote for 2. Otherwise, just vote for one and then vote for the next one after I finish that section of the guide :)

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Eirias I didn't really have time to write such a lengthy section right now. My bachelor thesis took quite a bit of my time and now that i am done with it the semester started again... i can't tell when i find time for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, LagOps said:

@Eirias I didn't really have time to write such a lengthy section right now. My bachelor thesis took quite a bit of my time and now that i am done with it the semester started again... i can't tell when i find time for it.

Np. I'm sure I'll be able to find someone else to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Eirias I'm still planing on doing it, it's just on hold for now. If you want someone else to do it then go ahead, but i will write my guide regardless. Is it okay having this section from 2 players in the same guide then? or is that gonna be too long/confusing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, LagOps said:

@Eirias I'm still planing on doing it, it's just on hold for now. If you want someone else to do it then go ahead, but i will write my guide regardless. Is it okay having this section from 2 players in the same guide then? or is that gonna be too long/confusing?

Oh, if you plan on still doing it, that's fine. I don't think it would be too confusing to input from 2 players though (so if someone else wants to add input, go for it). I just thought you were dropping it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, o'Clock said:

In-depth analysis for purple please :shadoworb:

Haha, I almost forgot I never finished!

Remind me next week, this week is crazy for me....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2016 at 1:24 AM, Eirias said:

Wow, hard to believe there's only 5 factions left! And yes, this post means I'm basically done with Pure Nature, so I'm looking for a strong Pure Nature player to write the "evolution of the deck" section. (btw, @LagOps, have you had a chance to work on the Bandits matchups? @Mental Omega You also seem quite knowledgeable about bandits, if you want to help a brother out).

I know I haven't posted anything about my guide for a while, so for those new forum members who don't know about it, here's a link: 



 

Rather than just asking people on my status about what faction I should do next (because it's basically always @Ultrakool and a few other people who vote :)) I'm going to make a poll! I'll use this same poll for the rest of the guide. I made it so you can vote multiple times. If you want 2 factions covered equally, then go ahead and vote for 2. Otherwise, just vote for one and then vote for the next one after I finish that section of the guide :)

Thanks!

Sorry, just saw that post now (I changed my name from Mental Omega to ImaginaryNumb3r). I guess I am answering quite quite late, though :D

Honestly, I don't think Bandit pvp is very viable. I tried it, but you need to put a lot of effort and knowledge to have a surviving chance. In theory, you have the strongest units with all kinds of buffs, but in reality CC and knockback will completely negate your advantages. Essentially, your best tactics resolve around abusing Warrior's Death, superbuffing Sunderer and hoping that you don't come into position where you must defend a well. You cannot hold enemy advances since they can just CC you to death and take all the time they need to destroy your base.

LagOps once wonderfully said "Playing Bandits in pvp, is like playing with a half deck". The synergies between fire and shadow splash cards aren't there and most Bandit cards are just trash or redundant. In the old, official forum we used to have lengthy discussions about the problems of Bandits and came to the conclusion that the Bandit units are potentially useful, but very badly balanced (and slots in a bandit deck are scarce). And the most helpful thing to solve this situation would be by having a "Bandit Sniper", a ranged M/M unit with a long range ability. The latter would fix most of our problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.