Cloning a deck where I am missing cards should save them in "ghost" mode

DasCharakter

I like to request decks from other players after a game to copy and also play it later.

If I am missing cards, those slots will be emtpy after copyingthe deck. That is understandable - but very sad because then the deck is basically useless.

My suggestion (coming from Factorio): When I am missing cards, please let me still copy and save the entire deck - add missing cards in a kind of "ghost" mode with quantity 0. As QoL, add a reminder when trying to start a game with "ghost" cards in the deck.

Factorio is quite different, developers of Factorio develop the game, and have the source code, while we do not have source code of the BattleForge, so adding things that might seem trivial, might be impossible for us 😢

Its a nice suggestion for sure, but as Kubik already mentioned, very hard to develop. Without the source code, we cant always change or understand how the game references certain things, so its not a matter of ''simply show a greyed out image here that doesn't do anything''. 

Fun fact; I remember in their goodbye interview that EA phenomic originally wanted to have a greyed out version of each card in your inventory, so you could easier keep track of your collection. They didnt end up having time/resources to do so, even with the source code. So Im afraid that this wont be happening any time soon. 

Metagross31 likes this

21 hours ago, Majora said:

Fun fact; I remember in their goodbye interview that EA phenomic originally wanted to have a greyed out version of each card in your inventory, so you could easier keep track of your collection. They didnt end up having time/resources to do so, even with the source code. So Im afraid that this wont be happening any time soon. 

That is actually pretty neat idea. Truly shame we won't see something like it.