Can't click in the upper third of the screen

shaulani

When playing at normal strategy zoom on a 4k screen, it's impossible to click or attack anything that is too far top of the screen. E. G. instead of attacking, the unit will only move. The units are still quite big at that distance, so it's hard to missclick them -> thus, its a bug.

This looks to me you heavily changed your FOV, I noticed the same behaviour with normal settings if a unit you want to attack is very far on the edge of the screen (and far away?).

Dont think the game was ever made to be responsive at such a great distance.

Decrease FOV and it will work just fine.

Few examples: camera angle 89 (because 90 crashes, but numbers bigger work again 😄 )
camera height 107 and I can target this one, but not the others, bacause he is further away from the camera. And I can not target the beests, because they are not high enough.

obrazek.png.ee642e7d7e1774f89e2e4225f421ad96.png

My guess is that you can only target in spherical radius of ~100m around the camera.

In PvP if a fountain or monument is on the edge of the view you can´t select it either. I always asssumed thats based on the angle or distatance, that the well doesnßt get recognised correctly.

I´d assume thats correlated and explains the scenarios above to some extend.

my guess is EA did not expect anything further than 100m from camera to be reasonably visible to select. I do not know if there is a way to tell exact distance of something from camera. To me it does not seem possible to get edge of the 4k screen with default FOV and camera distance to be too far, but these settings are changeable.

obrazek.thumb.png.07ea19604cfcb072694466f3981696af.png

There is an setting for Field of View (FOV), I do not think that in the video cammera is zoomed further than usual, just FOV is much higher, giving the impression, that it is much higher. But you can force it to stupid values by editing the config:

"viscamera": {
    "fov": 60.0,
    "optioncameramax": 48.0,
    "optioncameramin": 34.5,
    "optiondistancemax": 66.0,
    "optiondistancemin": 36.5
  },