Upgrade cards

Ashley_waza

Hello community, 

First thing first let me thank you guys for bringing battleforge back to life its a real pleasure to be able to play my favorite game again after so much time

So after so much time since playing battleforge something have to mind about the way card upgrades work and don't get me wrong i like the way we can acquire upgrades and all that but i though what if

1.we could set a way of finding which map to play to acquire upgrades in game i know there is a list of the upgrades on wiki but it just came in mind that an ingame list of miasing upgrades would be cool

2.we could upgrade card beyond level 3 like upgrading to promo version maybe through the card reforging platform you know like if you have L3 card with 3 additional cards of the same unit it would reforge into the promo version or a new version i think it would be interesting or we could set it up in such a way that you need a special card for it like the easter egg for example 

3.i have quite a headache sometimes when am looking for which card i can upgrade like it a real hassle to open each and every card on the deck to check so maybe changing the III symblo on top of the card that have already been fully upgraded and charge to a star symbol or something would help in that

Hope some of those suggestions are helpfull 

Thank you for the hard work really appreciate it 

16 hours ago, Ashley_waza said:

3.i have quite a headache sometimes when am looking for which card i can upgrade like it a real hassle to open each and every card on the deck to check so maybe changing the III symblo on top of the card that have already been fully upgraded and charge to a star symbol or something would help in that

If you want to see if a card is upgraded or not you can quick-check by just looking at the card:

image.png

besides the "III" on the top left for the upgrade level, you can check the three markings on the left and the right of the artwork if you have full charges/upgrades. the bars get a more intense color when you add a charge, here is one where the 3rd charge is missing:

image.png

If you are missing the upgrade AND the charge, it looks like that:

image.png

Besides that, you can just also quick check the upgrades you already own in the upgrades tab. you can right-click upgrades in there you'd like to apply:

image.png

Edited by Kapo

Umm,  nope the markings on the side don't always correspond to charges.  See:

image.png.e96354ef7cac783464d62d86e645bc93.png

and how it appears in my deck:

image.png.956128df2826f01fd42fee8559bd71ae.png

and another in case that one was just an overlooked bug (kinda harsh to call it a "bug" but ..)

image.png.65f0ac4cccf010c1fc5aee672016b696.png

and in my deck:

image.png.6b24d38fe8b019d5563820dff09a2dac.png

So the markings don't help in doing the quick glance through your deck to see what needs to be upgraded.  Perhaps it works with the third upgrade?  That would be useful as then you could at least skip the fully upgraded cards.  I can't check as I've not been playing long enough to pick up those third upgrades.  I do agree with Ashley_waza that a quick way to determine what type of upgrades a card needs or if an upgrade is available would be nice.

Back to playing - gotta get to those third upgrades

image.thumb.png.0a4d7db7ec0c9f180de42610fba8ca9b.png image.thumb.png.a1fbbd745631b331a8775d5791a4ed97.png

image.thumb.png.64e22fbe6fabee776a65cbdd1fb17524.pngimage.thumb.png.2fce81bf73e70fc517210662bf728eff.png

Can you please elaborate on

2 hours ago, Knunkie said:

So the markings don't help in doing the quick glance through your deck to see what needs to be upgraded.

I tried to use same 2 cards, because on test server everyone have all cards fully upgraded, you can also test there.

Metagross31 likes this

Hey,

Thanks @Kubik.  As @Fury surmised I overlooked/didn't understand the "more intense color" part.  Here's an example in a single card:

image.png.a041aae72deb2f22f0aff7c9ecf8b487.png

It has been upgraded twice as you can tell by the roman numeral 2/ii in the upper left.  It has an extra charge as indicated by the bright blue/white markings on the sides of the card (roughly at the halfway point) and has room for an extra charge as indicated by the muted markings above the bright blue/white markings (even with the hand holding the staff weapon on the right).  The third marking above these two do not appear as it is not available at the moment (it needs to be upgraded to level 3 before that happens). 

image.png.94c78170c129aad982c2f6dca988770e.png

Note how you can see the markings appear on the card in the top row of the upgrade menu.  Only one muted line for the first upgrade and two for the second.

Looking back I think the issue was looking at my own cards and not having a base line for "more intense" color.  The blue and the purple markings stand out pretty well.  It's only when you add the charge and can compare that you realize what "more intense" means.

Metagross31 likes this