Enhancement that can help stimulate the stale economy...

RX8Toxic

Hello fellow Skylords!

So I have been playing quite a bit over the past few weeks, and I have to say that there is defiantly a drought of players and issues with the current economy...

IMO the economy is everything to this game. Its what all good TCGs revolve around. If the player base is low, and the cards are not flowing either in AH or the /trade system... this game is doomed.

So my proposal is this:

What if there was a way to use the AH system via a browser? You could Buy/Sell (Possibly Trade depending on what the devs would allow) cards from any device that has a browser and access to the internet? This would provide access to the AH and allow players to still boost the economy, while not requiring them to be sitting at their PC. I know its a long shot, but I think this would make a big difference.

I am a PHP developer by trade and could whip something like this up in no time. It would just require the devs blessing and API access with a few basic calls.

Anyone else feel like this would make a difference?

Thanks!

-Steve  

That's a real shame... I understand their thought, but precautions could be put in place to prevent such issues... With that being said, something needs to happen or I can see the same fate as the original game in their future...

I logged in the other day and only 23 active players...

With the player base as low as it is right now card values are unstable. Common cards selling foe 200 bfp, uncommons for 1000 bfp. This makes new players discouraged and old players not interacting with the game causes cards to sit in "storage" if they are not online.

The in game economy needs to be stabilized or the game is going to fall apart...

I love this game, and I would hate to see it fail again.

1 hour ago, RX8Toxic said:

That's a real shame... I understand their thought, but precautions could be put in place to prevent such issues... With that being said, something needs to happen or I can see the same fate as the original game in their future...

I logged in the other day and only 23 active players...

With the player base as low as it is right now card values are unstable. Common cards selling foe 200 bfp, uncommons for 1000 bfp. This makes new players discouraged and old players not interacting with the game causes cards to sit in "storage" if they are not online.

The in game economy needs to be stabilized or the game is going to fall apart...

I love this game, and I would hate to see it fail again.

Most players are from Europe, so you checked for the player count when most players were sleeping. Usually there are more than 100 persons online during the day. We've picked up the development pace in the last couple of months and we're moving towards release faster than ever before. We definitely expect the player base to go up then, since many people are waiting for the reset on release. With an increased player base, the auction house prices should also be more healthy.

Edited by Zyna
Loriens likes this

5 hours ago, Zyna said:

Most players are from Europe, so you checked for the player count when most players were sleeping. Usually there are more than 100 persons online during the day. We've picked up the development pace in the last couple of months and we're moving towards release faster than ever before. We definitely expect the player base to go up then, since many people are waiting for the reset on release. With an increased player base, the auction house prices should also be more healthy.

This is really great news. I hope that the release does turn it around. 

Thank you for all of the hard work!