Lost Spirit Ship Hype

MajorTom

I read several Threads about the godness of Lost Spirit Ship, but i don't understand the worth.

My Giant Wyrm kills each Enemy faster than the Spirit Ship.

In the YouTubes i saw everyone only builds Hordes of the Spirit Ship, and no one uses the Crystal.

So why the Hype?

True that a Lost Souls Ship is only strong with multiple enemies around. It is really weak against single enemies compared to many other units.

But even 2 Wyrms (energy cost: 600) win easily against 3 Lost Souls Ships (energy cost: 720). Plus the wyrms retain their damage output against single targets and can even focus against single targets in a groups, so that they have to fight lesser enemies.

So the pure damage is NO advantage of the Lost Souls Ships, almost any other T4 unit is better here.

Besides the ability to attack while moving there is another advantage: it attacks fast and can attack multiple units at the same time. Melee units for example can attack very slow and only unit by unit. So if you have multiple units standing far away of each other the Lost Souls Ship will be always quicker, even if the melee unit would do more damage.

MajorTom likes this

Most people play it because it is a braindead card that is spamable and splashable. With the occasional heal it is basically impossible to die or lose a map.

People really started using it after decks fot speedrun rankings were made public and people saw LSS being used all the time.

For speedruns its strong because the damage in AOE scnearios gets insane (iirc you can get it up to 8 or 9k without buffs/20 in an ideal scenario. The weakness on single targets can be mitigated a bit by correct movement of the unit, buffs and debuffs. You never have to stop for incomes. The unit is cheap and motivate therefor becomes a real possibility even with only Cultist Masters void manipulation.

Against Lost Souls its good because you dont rely on ground presence at all and therefor hellhounds are no problem. Due to the limited amount of spells necassary and the mobility you can easily outmanouver anti spell zones and the Lost Dragon debuff is easily avoided with Benevolent Mo, which cant get disenchanted by Lost Dancers from LSS.

At the power minimum its still challenging to play but once you got a few extra units in your army(which you almost always have in casual play) the unit simply becomes a faceroll t4 card.

MajorTom likes this

• 3 weeks later...

I like my LLS very much, but only use the Green One.

As nobody seems to use the Crystal i want to share some Insight:

After using the green (Heal and Damage AOE) Crystal i saw improvements in my rPVE.

The Damage is substantial and i need Regrowth less.

Downside is another slot in my Deck: Armored Tower

If you Upgrade it to U2 it has 3000 Life and a Crystal uses 1500. So you can use the Crystal Twice for each LSS.

At the last bases of a rPVE 9 i normally have 5-6 Green LSS and if i activate all crystals in the middle of a base i rarely need a heal.

Edited by Major Tom