Jump to content

Updater constantly crashing


Recommended Posts

Ok so i hope someone has not posted this already and i missed it.

 

So i have played this game quite a bit since it was re-released and it seemed to be fine but for the last few days i can no longer play as when i start the updated the window opens for me to get to the forum and discord but where the launch button should be it tries checking then stops then closes and i have tried the fixes and nothing seems to work.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am having this problem as well myself, I tried removing all the files and downloading again it didn't work I believe the devs are working on fixing this so as soon as it works for me I'll get in touch with you. Do you use the BullGuard antivirus as well?

Link to post
Share on other sites

4. If the game does not start at all, delete Documents\BattleForge
Find the "BattleForge" folder in your "Documents" folder (default location at C:\Users\<Your Username>\Documents\BattleForge) and completely delete it. Then, run SkylordsRebornUpdater.exe; the updater will then regenerate a BattleForge folder for you, which should fix this startup issue. Does this not fix your issue? Then check if the new BattleForge folder in your documents is NOT set to Read-Only. To do this, right-click on the Battleforge folder, select Properties and at the very bottom left corner of the window untick the box next to Read-Only so that it stays empty. Now apply these changes to the folder and its contents by pressing OK.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok i have just opened it and it ran once did loads of updates then the button play button appeared. brilliant changed my settings and told it to go full screen closed it to update the settings and now its back to not showing the play button?

Edited by Phoenix1664
Link to post
Share on other sites

Delete the My Documents/BattleForge folder again and try loading the game in Windowed mode instead of Fullscreen. If that doesn't help, try redownloading the game and updater package and exclusively unpakc them with WinRAR instead of Daemon Tools (as some people do this, it corrupts the files).

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the same issue. Until today the game started correctly, but now only some seconds checking with updater and then it closing. 0 error message or something. Restarted the process more times nothing changed.

Deleted the battleforge folder in documents changed nothing, but were a difference which i dont know how works... maybe the part of the problem. Before i deleted the Battleforge folder in documents it had config and keyBindings XML files and tutorials, trade, storybook, save, replays, randommap, loadingscreenaudiostore and Diag folders. After i deleted Battleforge folder and restarted the updater (naturally crashed again) it only had the config XML file.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2018 at 1:07 PM, fiki574 said:

Delete the My Documents/BattleForge folder again and try loading the game in Windowed mode instead of Fullscreen. If that doesn't help, try redownloading the game and updater package and exclusively unpakc them with WinRAR instead of Daemon Tools (as some people do this, it corrupts the files).

Maybe its a noob question, but how can i run the game in windowed mode if i cant start the game? The problem is i dont have the chance to run the game, because the launcher is only checking and close and the play button doesnt appear. If i change the battleforge.exe options to 640x480 and try to start it, then the window become black and after some seconds it close (when i ran my idle game in background it appeared on the middle of the black screen, i dont know why, and it was in 640x480 so Battleforge tried to run with new options). For me the game only started with the launcher so it doesnt changed with this new problem. If i start the launcher/battleforge exe as administrator after they close i get a message "Is the program ran correctly?" or similar without administration mode they just simple close. 

I unpacked the game with winRAR from the first time.

The anitvirus turn off doesnt helped.

I guess i will reinstall, maybe...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know how is it possible, but after i restarted my net devices everything started to work. 

 

The intresting part of the story is i could wrote threads here while that happened and i dont know how accepted it the site, because this site were the only which appeared. I tried 1st the mediafire and after the google and youtube, but they didnt open while this worked. :D Now im a little confused i cant believe something like this could happen... :S But overall im happy i tried to redownload the launcher before the reinstall. Joke of the day.

 

So if somebody have the same issue, then give a try and restart your net devices (turn them off, wait 15-20 seconds and turn on).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Kiwi locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use