Linux/Mac OS compatability 2024

btfox

Hi,

Has there been any updates made these recent years in the field of compatibility for Linux/Mac so you dont have to tinker with custom solutions? 

Posted (edited)

@Kubik Just curious really if there had been any sort of progress in the default launcher/updater so tinkering would be at a minimum. I have this idea that i want to play Skylords on my Steam Deck but i'm not that experienced in tinkering with Linux. I will for sure give it a try either way 😄

Edited by btfox

Sadly we have hit a bit of a roadblock regarding our new and improved updater, although I'm not sure if it would improves the experience or options for Linux/Mac users.

Im afraid for now you are stuck with the current options. 

6 hours ago, btfox said:

@Kubik Just curious really if there had been any sort of progress in the default launcher/updater so tinkering would be at a minimum. I have this idea that i want to play Skylords on my Steam Deck but i'm not that experienced in tinkering with Linux. I will for sure give it a try either way 😄

It currently works very well (I've been playing the game on Linux for over 3 years now).

You can either use the regular launcher via wine by installing some packages via winetricks (see for example Ultrakool's guide in the technical support forum) I also wanted to create a video tutorial for this for a long time but didn't get to upload it yet.

There is also a shell script, which you can use as a replacement for the updater, which can be found in the official download forum post. This script can be used to update the game files, and then you can run the game easily via wine.

If you need some more help/detailed instructions, feel free to ping, I am happy to help with that 🙂