Card Upgrades that could change orb requirements?

Riviute

This is just something i always wondered, since i dont know about the technicalities behind the scenes... but would it be possible for card upgrades to alter the orbs required for a card? For example that the vulcan card (2 fire orbs, 1 neutral) gets turned into 1fire orb and 2 neutrals. Or maybe a card like emberstrike thats gets reduced from a t4 to a t3 card through upgrading it... (these were just some random examples) Not just changed from the basecard itself but from the upgrades that you can get for it. (just an idea to open up a bit more balancing through this)

Edited by Riviute

yes, what you call "a card" with 0-3 upgrades, is technically 4 cards that do not have to have anything in common, so upgrade 0 can require 1 fire and be a building, upgrade 1 can require 2 shadow and be a spell, upgrade 2 can require 3 frost and be a squad, and upgrade 3 can require 1 nature and be a building.
But even if it is technically possible, I do not think it will ever be implemented.

Ok, is there a specific reason for it? I just thought it could be a nice tool for balancing, maybe if infect was 3shadow orbs in its baseform and only becomes 2shadow,1neutral once you have U3 unlocked. Or when it comes to the deepgorge, where on U3 two of its orbs become hybrids, so you could go 3 nature 1 frost and still use it. Or is it because upgrades are too easy to get so its not really making that big of a difference? 

you mean tool to make balancing much more complicated? Because the amount of combinations would more than double, if card would have different requirements on different upgrades.