Bandit sorcess (Bonus S) doesn´t apply (?)

LichterLoh

Hey guys,

I´m sorry it´s me again.

Bandit sorcess is labeled as  S 600/ M 520 (full upgrades). It´s description says every 3 second it deals 48 damage + (Aoe 10 m around the target) = up to 72 damage.

Test targets : Bandit sorcess (M target),  Bandit spearman (S Squad)
Taken damage by 1 hit of Sorcess (blue):  M target: 48 damage / S squad target: 72 damage

Scenario 1 ) As it appeals to me i´m unsure if that intended. 48*150%= 72 damage. So either the maxed out 72 damage of the card are including the bonus S damage= works as intendedn?

Scenario 2) The aoe of the sorcess only allows to splash other neabry units = works (i assume)

Scenario 3) The additonal aoe increases further the damage ouput, then  it´s baseline 48 damage against single targets + splash the rest of the same squad = then the bonus vs S damage isn´t taken into account

BUT if i assume the S 600 damage of the sorcess is it´s baseline without applid bonuses, then the damage per 20 seconds would be : (20/3)*48=320  or (20/3)*72= 480 and not 600
(3 seconds per attack)
Correct me if im wrong , but i´ve read somewhere the labeled damage is based on per 20 seconds.
Even if i add the burst of an initial attack at 0 seconds, the 600 damage potential woulnd´t get matched either.

This explains why it felt to me, that the sorcess does underwhelming/underperforming damage, when compaired to whats described on her card or similar units.
To fullfilll the 600 damage per 20 seconds : an every 3 second attack with a baseline(withotu splash) of 90 would be required)
If i assume only the aoe reaches the full damage (without the bonus S damage), then 60 damage per hit and not 48 would be the baseline

Conclusion:

1)  Baseline damage per hit doesn´t match the card description (very likely ?) -> not equal 600 damage per 20 sec

2) +(Either S bonus damage or Aoe "bonus" isn´t applied) 

-> 2) could be tested when multiple S and M targets are close to one another and the "Aoe" damage after 1 hit is compaired, if it matches 50% of the (48...) base damage attack.
A) M targets should take 24 damage, S squads should take 36 damage by the aoe eventually or
B)  M still get splashed by 48 and S  squads by 72

Please feel free to enlighten and correct me, when i´m wrong!

Edited by LichterLoh

The number on card was choosen by human, and have nothing to do with damage of the actual unit 😢 so it is wrong misleading at best.
I guess it assumes maximum 72 dmg total, and 2.4 seconds delay between attacks (which is kind of what the damage is configured to)
Theoretical maximum is 72 dmg every 2.9 (random 2.7 .. 3.1) second (it is 2.4 + 0.3 + random(0 .. 0.4))
Random number is picked every attack, in EA's times, it was picked when unit was spawned (and did not include 0.3s constant), and was in range 0.1 .. 1.0 seconds, so two units spawned next to each other could have 3.4s and 2.5s which is quite significant difference.

I just tested it, and both AOE and S bonus seems to be applied correctly.

• targets 2 squads of Bandit sorcess (M target)
    • first target hit takes 48 dmg (as expected by single target limit) and 24 dmg is remaining
    • second target takes 24 ddg (as expected by total 72)
  • targets 2 squads of Bandit spearman (S Squad)
    • obrazek.png.bb828f59d213fa2023a9a1d7d69be549.png
    • this imamage is after the explosing traveled and deplented its damage.
    • First tick of the explosin travel (0-3.3m) hit 3 figures (all from first squad)
      • first hit figure:
        • damage to apply 48 / 6 = 8 (because each figure in squad takes damage separately an squad is single target for parts of the calculation)
        • because it is an S figure the health is decreased by 12, so 810 - 12 = 798
        • damage remaining 64 ( 72 - 8 )
      • second hit figure: dmg:8, squad health: 798 - 12 = 768, remaining damage: 56
      • 3rd hit: dmg:8, squad health: 789 - 12 = 774, remaining damage: 48
    • Second tick of the explosin travel (3.3-6.7m) hit 6 figures
      • 1st hit (the other squad): dmg:8, squad health: 810 - 12 = 798, remaining damage: 40
      • 2nd hit (first squad again): dmg:8, squad health: 774 - 12 = 762 remaining damage: 32
      • 3rd hit (first squad): dmg:8, squad health: 762 - 12 = 750 remaining damage: 24
      • 4th hit (other squad): dmg:8, squad health: 798 - 12 = 786 remaining damage: 16
      • 5th hit (first squad): dmg:8, squad health: 750 - 12 = 738 remaining damage: 8
      • 6th hit (other squad): dmg:8, squad health: 786 - 12 = 774 remaining damage: 0
    • Third tick of the explosin travel (6.7-10m) does no damage, because there is nothing left all 72 damage was used

Was this explanation detailed enough? (no one died, so the calculations did not get much more complicated, because if overkill damage is in play, it gets quite buggy)

If you want to check these numbers yourself, check out:

Thanks a lot for looking into it so soon!

Yeah primarily the damage over 20 second irritated me. As it seemed to mismatch my expectation from what i´ve read about the attack frequency of the card.

Thanks a lot!
Furthermore i´ll check out this test server next time. I gues i´ll need to apply to get access to the download of that tool(?)

Thread can be closed then.

@LichterLoh The displayed attack value is an approximation of the average damage dealt over 20 seconds (dp20).

The standard formula for splashing non-multi-target attacks is ((single target dmg+max total dmg)/2)*(20/attack speed).
Hence, based on this U3 tooltip, it should be ((48+72)/2)*(20/3)=400.

Unfortunately in this case, the displayed tooltip attack speed is not an average representation either and should as Kubik explained be rather 2,9 than 3.0 resulting in a dp20 value more closely to 415 (rounded up).

Keep in mind that the randomized 0.3-0.7 second delay was added to many entities in patch 400042, but not all of their atack values were adjusted in that patch, leading to many more cards with this misleading attack value - sometimes on top of a wrong dp20 value and incorrect tooltip. 😉 

@LEBOVIN🤔is there actually at least one card, that have attack speed exactly correct?

And when the randomized value was changes it did not change avarage, it just make it much more consitent, and you can not get slow attacking unit, or fast attacking, that will be consistently better, than the other. So the patch was significant improvement, and on average (over multiple units) nothing changed.