Ravenship's don't receive Wheel of Gift BUFFS

Balorien

• 3 months later...

It is a problem of how buffs are applied. ALL currently running global buffs arn't applied to summoned creatures, unless the buffs start after the creature was summoned.

As they are clearly affected by later buffs, this can only be a bug.

Edited by Wurgel

Just a thought for a potential workaround.

Couldn't you change the duration from permanent to say 30 seconds and automatically reapply it every 30 seconds? That shouldn't cause to much lag and would give summoned units the buffs... at least when they are reapplied. So temporary summons won't get much out of it, but permanent/longlived ones will.

(30 seconds was my first thought, that isn't to short and should cover all tickrates)

Edited by Wurgel

Since there are other buffs and debuffs that work much faster (e.g. Pyromaniac reapplies its debuff over and over without problems no matter how many units), picking a number like 5 or 10 shouldnt be a problem?

If there is no other solution, I think what @Wurgel suggested is one, no?

There are other units that also dont profit, its not just the Ravenships... also stuff like Sunken Temple Creeps or the Frenzy from the Incubator

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Edited by Kapo

for summoned creatures, being up to 29.9 sec without the buffs is... debatable?

Most permanent global buffs are for survivability.

Does it suck to be 29 sec without buffs, when you only live 30 sec? yes. Does it really matter when you die of "old age" anyways without the buffs? Ehh...

As for long lived/permanent summons: here the up to 30 sec rarely has much impact. What is summoned into the fight isn't expected to survive anyways and what is called outside generally lives some time before it sees combat. (I exclude PvP, because [nearly] nobody runs permanent global buffs there)

Would i prefer an instant application, or one every few seconds? Sure. But at which point can that cause server lag? As for 30 sec: i wasn't going to go through all potential effects. But everything with a tick-rate (correct me if i am wrong) is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 10 seconds. With 30 being the easiest multiplier of them all, so no ticks will be missed due reapplying.

There are other units that also dont profit, its not just the Ravenships... also stuff like Sunken Temple Creeps or the Frenzy from the Incubator

Again, all summons.

Corsair bandits, Satanel spawns, Deepfang

Edited by Wurgel