Game won't start

Solb

I've got problems starting up the game. Obviously, my launcher.exe is missing, I however do not know how to get it. I have tried adding an exception to windows defender (haven't got any other anti-virus programs) to the whole folder, I tried to run it as administrator and I tried extracting the file a couple of times. Nothing seems to work. Since I did try what the guide for technical errors said and the solution of just adding an anti-virus exception to the folder, which I found in a resolved thread, I decided to create a new thread.

Can I get the launcher.exe from anywhere else than by downloading it using the updater? How can I make the updater download the launcher.exe? Thanks in advance and sorry if the solution is right in front of my eyes and I am just too stupid to see it.

1.png

2.png

I'm using windows 10 pro X64

I am also having issues getting the game to start, is there meant to be a boot strapper.exe as in the original BF ?

keep getting a "reinstall program" error message, since no installer was included in the download rar i don't see how its possible to "re install" it.

I think you may need to create an installer exe to over come this issue.

Do i need to install the original battle forge then copy the downloads to the installed folder?

or are the downloaded files meant to work as standalone?

You don't need an installer to get the game to work. Just do the steps mentioned in this thread. If you still have problems, try the help/troubleshooting page. The "Bootstrapper" right now is the SkylordsRebornUpdater. A setup won't help with problems like anti virus or whatever. It's only for convenience for the user. In the future we will probably have a setup. Right now I'm working on some stuff to improve the Updater. It will probably rolled out with a setup in the future then.

• Kiwi locked this topic