Ice Age
2 Frost Orbs, 80 Energy
Arcane
Green: Heal all shields ingame by 47/sec for 30sec
Purple: Heal shields by 850 instantly.
+ 30 Sec Shield Duration

What do you think of this card?

First of all, is 47/s even much?

PVE: I tested the purple one instead. I used it in a pure frost deck, supporting Avatar Of Frost, or Area Ice Shield + Flying units like war eagle.
While it's nice to save units under the area ice shield, and instantly that is, you don't have control over damage income - so shield will break or you might end up healing a FULL shield. 80 Energy is alot IMO, and there's different ways to support Avatar of Frost. For example: Area Ice Shield, lol. Costs 80 too but heals only 600. However, it'll affect 3 Units. Another opportunity is T1 Frost Witch, she can renew the Avatar shield for 20 Energy. T4 Frost Witch works too, you can support way more units with her and Ice Age. Upcoming balance changes might support this.      I'm aware that Avatar doesn't have superb stats, but it's fun to play a pure Deck in PvE.

Would anyone even consider Ice Age in PvP? 

Did you find any other appliances? Perhaps even Maps ?

T1 is Frost Sorceress. It's not a possibility, since AoF can tank a lot of damage, and if his shield breaks, you need immediate reaction, Frost Sorceress' animation is too long.

Winter Witch and Battleship get redesign on 1st January - the quality of the card will increase with this combo.

But personally I do not use the card. Usually there's no space in my deck, to even considering adding something as cool as this.

I'll be honest frost usually doesn't have enough shields up for it to ever be worth it. Honestly a shield synergy card seems an odd choice to have made anyway. While you technically can build a whole deck around it that's a very micro intensive deck that will be burning power pretty quick and I doubt it would be good enough to be worth all the power expenditure. That's a lot of effort to trying and shoehorn a card into working. Especially when just tossing viridya in at t2 has way better synergy with frost in general and is deck flexible.

As for avatar usually coldnsnap is all you really need to keep him alive in areas he's relevant in. Freezing and micro probably saves him more shield than ice age ever could. Given a single Avatar of frost is usually a walking god, let alone two of them splitting pve damage it doesn't seem worth it to waste a slot making the t3 god win even harder than he already does. It won't make him win the matchups he'd already lose and avatars main advantage is what he can do without support.

Edited by Torban

On 12/31/2020 at 12:01 AM, Dallarian said:

, Frost Sorceress' animation is too long.

Wouldn't you cast her shield ability before his shield runs out? The shield gets overwritten, so you'd cast it pre-emptively. 

... I just tested it, I assumed Area Ice Shield and Forst Sorceress would overwrite Shield buffs! THEY DON'T

Edited by xs0ulLess