Proposal: Gold Sink by Voting

Eirias

We've had lots of discussions regarding gold sinks and what to do with too much gold (this one recently)

and I have a (maybe) solution.

The idea is that all players could vote on something by spending gold. These votes would be mostly trivial and affect some in-game reward.

For example (now that we know re-skinning is easy and we can add new promos), each month there could be a vote for a new promo. Perhaps each month someone (could be devs, or just random decision) chooses 5 cards. All players can "buy" votes by donating gold in the marketplace, and whichever card has received the most donations will get a promo release. The 2nd and 3rd place cards will stay up for votes next month, and 2 new cards will replace the 4th and 5th place card.

This gold sink would be ideal because it would be completely optional, but players would also feel proud to know that they saved up a ton of gold and were able to influence the voting so that we now have a promo ice barrier or something :) Once a player has all upgrades, they have an easy way to spend any amount of gold that they want.

Darian DelFord and Kubik like this

I just reapeat same question are you avare that game using very crappy sorting (unfortunatelly I can not say crapiest I ever seen :( ) that will very negatively affect performance if you will have more cards in collection?

10 hours ago, Kubik said:

I just reapeat same question are you avare that game using very crappy sorting (unfortunatelly I can not say crapiest I ever seen :( ) that will very negatively affect performance if you will have more cards in collection?

Is there a way to fix this?

But aside from this, there are like 500+ cards right? So even if we add like 1 card a month, that's a very small relative increase.

yes there is, and I working on it (throw whole EA binary away, and use something less broken), but do not expect it any time soon.

Well I did not say it would be a big issue for most people, but there are people that play on .... (I do not have word for that, it can not be a PC :P ) that already have problems with increasing amounts of cards (not even trying all on test server).

I personally would have no problem to say minimum requirements are bit highrer, (because you run it on higher resolution, and with more background apps) and if you have performance problem buy better HW, but I do not think that would go well with rest of the team, but fell free to try :)

I just asked if you are aware it would be noticabe with more cards, but depends how fast they would be added of course :)