Couldn't retrieve My Documents folder

Kaizen

ERROR.PNG.306d711992b2d9f33f09dea700977eaa.PNG

I get this Error after pressing play on the Launcher that pops up after starting the Game with the SkylordsRebornUpdater.exe.

Is it Possible that you Hardcoded the Path to %userprofile%\documents or users\<username>\documents instead of referencing the document location from the registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders) ? just a possible solution from a fellow coder.

That's not something the SkylordsReborn staff coded.
That was used in times of EA Phenomic already. It's supposed to be the location of some files regarding your preferences, maps, replays, logs, etc.

Is there a Battleforge folder inside your documents folder?
If not, than some sort of security-software (on your end ofc) is blocking the game from creating and/or reading from it as it is not being trusted.

Edited by Nerevar

I looked into all permissions and they are Fine. I dont have any Security software installed and i also deactivated the windows Firewall etc. but it didnt help.

Okay I went to the Registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders) and somehow my Documents Folder Path was messed up inside there so I changed it to the correct path and now it workes. Thank you anyways.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use