[Forums] - Ctrl + Z permanently undoes changes

Kaliber84

I know this isn't really a beta bug but there is no other subforum I could post this in.

So when writing text I tend to use ctrl+z to undo things that can be tricky to fix otherwise (like unexpected layout changes). I also use this when writing posts on here but the behaviour is completely unpredictable and for some reason permanent. Usually one can use ctrl+z to undo the last thing one did and ctrl+y to redo the last undone step (if there are any).
But when quoting somebody earlier I wrote for ~15min and then used ctrl+z, wanting to undo one thing but instead my whole post was reset to the point I was at 14min earlier. Not wanting to rewrite the whole darn thing I gave up. Also ctrl+y does not work at all so there's no workaround either.

This isn't any priority for the game but it's awfully annoying when writing here. I would really like to see this fixed or at least to have ctrl+y working.

4 hours ago, Eirias said:

....Seems to work for me?

You're right in a sense. When testing a new post it works for me too. But when writing long posts it's not reliably working for me. Sometimes it will redo everything, sometimes only part of it and sometimes not work at all. Can't recreate the bug reliably so I don't know why it happens.

2 hours ago, Kaliber84 said:

You're right in a sense. When testing a new post it works for me too. But when writing long posts it's not reliably working for me. Sometimes it will redo everything, sometimes only part of it and sometimes not work at all. Can't recreate the bug reliably so I don't know why it happens.

I wonder if the undo and redo feature only remembers a certain amount of data? So if you undo, it doesn't have enough storage to redo it all?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use