Graphic Bug on MacOS

Hi,

I managed to launch Skylords on Mac with Crossover, but it's still not playable because I got some weird Graphic Bugs. It looks like the Picture underneath:

IMG_3046.HEIC

The whole Menu and all Buttons are missing. 

Any Clue?

I Installed in the "bottle" d3dx9, all Visual++2010..2015, .Net4.5.2 and 4.6.2 (4.6.1 isn't working)

I tried with dxvd aswell with d3dmetal .. no changes at all.

If I try to to some Graphic setup in game, for example turn on AA, after exit the game I can't start it anymore.

side note, all additional image enhancement options are off.

Solution is to delete Battleforge folder in Documents -> after that I can run the game again, but with above mentioned Graphic bugs.

I would guess that (none of) the compatibility layers you tried, does not correctly handle transparency.

I have no idea about compatibility options on Apple, but why did you choose DX9, instead of DX11?

Also you do not need to delete whole folder, only `Documents\BattleForge\config.json` (or edit it)

If you cange in the config `"maxshader": 1280,` to `"maxshader": 768,` you will force the game to use DX9, maybe that will help.

Hi,

i choose DX9, because dvxk = dx10/11 and d3dmetal is dx11/12 if i get it correct. I will try the maxshader Option, currently it is on „0“.

thx for your reply. 😀

Kubik, you are awesome!!! 
the maxshader Setting to 768 solves the Problem!!

thank you.

Hi,

it worked 1 time.

I close the game after the successful start and now -> the Launcher Opens, I hit PLAY and that's it.. 😞 

I guess I celebrated too early..

Hi, 

yes that happens, but if I  set it back to 768, the problem still remains.

If I do some steps, don't know if they make sense or not, I can start the game properly, but after I quit the game, im in the same loop as before. 

I Hit Play button and nothing happens.. 

Hi,

1. Delete Config file in Documents Folder

2. Start the Game with Graphic Bug and Loggin in and Quit

3. Open Config file and only change the resolution and Fullscreen mode to true

4. Complete the second Step again

5. Open Config File and Change maxshader to 768

-> now the Game starts without Graphic Bug 1 time.

If I change in the 3rd step also the maxshader to 768, the game don't Start.. don't know why.

after step 5. save the cofing somewhere else, try it, if it will work as expected, copy the backedup config and try again.

If that will work check the two configs for differences (backed up after step 5. versus what happens to it after running the game)