How To Report Bugs - TEMPLATE INSIDE

MrXLink

Greetings Skylords, Skyladies, and Skyfolks!

Browse the forums in order to see whether your bug has already been reported in the "Report a bug" forum board. If it has been reported already, if you have any additions, feel free to reply to said topic but refrain from creating a new one. For example, there is no need for a response to a bug thread like "I experience this problem too".

Has your bug not been reported yet? Create a thread in the "Report a Bug" forum board and fill out the form below. Please do this as soon as you encounter a bug, so that it logs the date on the forum boards. Give your topic title the name of your bug.

• NAME: [Enter a short title for the bug. It should be clear, and directly pointing out what the bug does. E.G. "Group Chat Inaccessible" or "Can not U3 upgrade Firesworn". Use this as your topic title!]
  • DESCRIPTION: [Provide a detailed description of the problem. What happens? When does it happen? Where does it happen?]
  • REPRODUCIBILITY: [Always try to reproduce the bug, try making it happen again. Let us know how to make this bug happen, and how often it happens! If you can't make it happen again, no worries, just let us know here.]
  • SCREENSHOT/VIDEO: [Always try to provide an appropriately named screenshot or video with the bug as clearly in play as possible. Link it, upload it, or attach it. It's not a big problem if you can't, but you are encouraged to try it.]
  • LOG: [This is really important. Attach/upload your log file! This provides us with the data we need to fix your problems. You can find your log in the Documents/BattleForge/Diag directory as _log_proxy_latest.log if you didn't restart your game yet, _log_proxy_0.log if you restarted your game once, _log_proxy_1.log if you restarted your game twice, and so on. If your game crashed, please also include the crashdata.mdmp.]
  • ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: [Any other notes go here, such as possible fixing suggestions, ideas, etc.]

An example for the bug will be posted at the end of this post.

Do not report bugs solely through Discord, Facebook, or any other medium. We want all reports securely in one place, which will be the "Report a bug" forum board, and nowhere else. In the end, all bug reports that have not been logged there may as well be disregarded.

Here's an example bug report:

Spoiler

Topic title: Disconnect once loaded into Forge

NAME: Disconnect once loaded into Forge
DESCRIPTION: Every time I log in, the game starts loading. When the loading bar on the loading screen is filled, it takes a few moments (~10-20 Seconds) before I get a disconnect notice. Once I get this notice, I can see the chat, users and my account image alongside the disconnect notice. Please see the attachment below.
REPRODUCIBILITY: Always happens. To make it happen, just attempt logging into the game.
SCREENSHOT: https://gyazo.com/bc136cfd1e8827d193378e920a5a84da
LOG: log.txt
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Might have to do with my account being outdated, would suggest an account reset.

Feel free to report your bugs here and only here. Our subforums are meant for developers to have a proper bug backlog, and cannot be used by regular users, only viewed. Abuse of this section is not tolerated. Please abide by the bug report template; it will speed up the fixing process! :)

Mind that some bugs are inherent from the old game! Things like card descriptions, animation bugs, card ability bugs, and pretty much anything that is wrong with the game files rather than server communications. These bugs are Client-sided. There is a special client-sided section in the bug report section; new bugs that are considered client-sided will be moved here if the developers consider it to be.

You can create a bug report topic by clicking here, make sure to follow the above instructions: https://forum.skylords.eu/index.php?/forum/41-report-a-bug/&do=add 

That being said, thank you for making the world of Nyn a safer, more stable place! Your reports are most appreciated, and we'll do what we can to help out and put your feedback to good use!

Metagross31 and Hel like this