Big and easy PvP update suggestion

RvakoPid

Hello! I'm primarily a PvP player who has been playing this game both before and after its revival. I have been in the top 10 several times. After taking a break for six months, I started playing again and encountered the following problems:

1. Despite the addition of new cards by the developers, some of which have found their use in PvP, the overall meta remains the same.

2. Late-game scenarios look very similar. There are very few good PvP Tier 3 cards, and they often repeat from game to game. As a result, some decks cannot use XL units because they are either weak or situational and lack alternatives. Would you like to see more diverse Tier 3 battles with a wide selection of Tier 3 XL units for each deck?

3. There is good variability in Tier 4 cards, but they are not applicable to PvP due to the lack of time and resources. I understand that developing new unique cards takes a lot of time and effort (thank you for continuing to improve the game), so I propose an alternative solution.

The solution involves creating rebalanced copies of Tier 4 cards specifically designed for PvP. These cards can only be used in PvP and would be available in a separate tab upon acquiring the original versions or as cards in free PvP decks. For example, a Colossus with a cost of 280, 3 nature spheres, and stats of 4020/4400, along with the "Swift" effect, could be a great addition to nature PvP decks. In order to use it, I would either have to take a free PvP deck containing it, or acquire its original Tier 4 version.

Thus, you can add a large number of new cards to pvp just by changing the numbers, without programming new effects and without drawing new models. Here are some more examples for each element (all cards are presented with maximum upgrades):
Dreadnought.png.739d1fd3bd34034e5eba3800a2968771.pngColossus.png.dd69c3c88055b9d6f6f02c7331afefbc.pngOverlord.png.e1d0d04d708e812eb3cd8f226b193c2e.png828597109_ShadowWorm.png.6ddb11a6a8b862c53b80e8ca0f9a2dbd.pngGrimvine.png.0fbb276a60a0c135a45935a7b04a8e73.pngConstruct.png.2d205d04bb2866bda886ed3afb581ce6.pngBatariel.png.92234b47471c188cc2af5056ae51b54d.pngIronclad.png.60d03134b200ba09b4d0ad13dca5223b.pngBloodhorn.png.666009c7502d3e6ab0f66bbaeff47630.png42354376_ThunderWagon.png.61fa6a0040af873f06f04962a9f2c920.png

Cards are provided as a visual example. Real stats should be selected more carefully through testing
(English is not my primary language. This text was written with the help of a translator)
So, what do you think?

Edited by RvakoPid
Appollonir likes this

I wonder, why you posted exactly same text in

with only difference being different order of images.

And to the suggestion itself, why you think maintaining translations for 40 (just based on your pictures, not all T4 cards in the game) new cards to 4 languages is easy?

You also said:

2 hours ago, RvakoPid said:

Real stats should be selected more carefully through testing

Which is the biggest part in creating a new card.

And my favorite question when it comes to Thunder Wagon, the armor. Should this "scaled down" version have ranged armor, or not?

I do not play PvP myself, but from what I heard, when you reach T3 the game ends in few seconds anyway, because oponent have no way of defending with T2 against T3, so what is the point of increasing the amount of practically finisher cards, that win the game almost instantly?

2 hours ago, Kubik said:

I wonder, why you posted exactly same text in

with only difference being different order of images.

And to the suggestion itself, why you think maintaining translations for 40 (just based on your pictures, not all T4 cards in the game) new cards to 4 languages is easy?

You also said:

Which is the biggest part in creating a new card.

And my favorite question when it comes to Thunder Wagon, the armor. Should this "scaled down" version have ranged armor, or not?

I do not play PvP myself, but from what I heard, when you reach T3 the game ends in few seconds anyway, because oponent have no way of defending with T2 against T3, so what is the point of increasing the amount of practically finisher cards, that win the game almost instantly?

The second topic was created by mistake; I don't use the forum often and I don't know how to delete it.

There is no need to translate into all languages, since the abilities of these cards are already translated into all languages. It is only necessary to change the numbers or completely remove some abilities. We can try adding simple cards in test mode (which do not have complex abilities).

Overall, this is a suggestion for situations when both players are playing T3. These games are very similar, since each PvP deck has 2-3 T3 cards. Of my last 20 games, T3 Vs T3 was in 4 of them (20%) and looked pretty similar despite the fact that the fights were against different decks. It's easy to predict which cards will be played at any given moment. There are no alternatives or variability.

Thanks for the response!

9 hours ago, RvakoPid said:

There is no need to translate into all languages, since the abilities of these cards are already translated into all languages.

I meant it like this, if there will be a corection to the description, the ability will change, or something it needs to be updated for all 4 cards (U0-U3), or 8 in case of affinities. With addition like this it would be even more complicated, because after balancing these cards, they could end up with slightly different description.

One more point I forget to mention before, what about community maps, that make it relatively easy to reach T4? With change like this there would be many squads with exactly same look, but significantly different stats.

1 hour ago, Kubik said:

I meant it like this, if there will be a corection to the description, the ability will change, or something it needs to be updated for all 4 cards (U0-U3), or 8 in case of affinities. With addition like this it would be even more complicated, because after balancing these cards, they could end up with slightly different description.

One more point I forget to mention before, what about community maps, that make it relatively easy to reach T4? With change like this there would be many squads with exactly same look, but significantly different stats.

It's still much easier than making a new card from scratch.

How popular are community maps in PvP, where the game reaches T4? If this is 1 game out of 1000 (0.1%), then it seems to me that you can sacrifice its quality (this is still unlikely that two versions of the same card will be played in one such game) in favor of 200 games out of 1000 (20%).

16 hours ago, Appollonir said:

I like the idea! You can even rename these cards, for example "Shadow of the Colossus", make their models darker and allow them to be used along with the originals in the same deck. (For those who need it)

2 hours ago, Kubik said:

You can use my suggestion if it is possible to simply apply a color filter to the texture of the unit. If this is not easy to do, then I agree with the author, making a large number of games more fun at the cost of making a small percentage of games less fun seems like a good solution. Especially if the percentage difference is huge. 

Of the card ideas, I especially like Colossus. It is very unlikely that 2 different versions of it will be played in the same game. And only the stats need to be changed; the abilities, it seems to me, are good. Nature pvp decks have always lacked a unit like this in the late game.