Eliminator "demon buff" -> shadow phoenixes

LichterLoh

I tested eliminator red affinity with shadow pheonixes and mutating frenzy as suitable demon units.

vs Buildings:

1)Shadow pheonix with and without buff both did the same amount of damage(against the wall in the forge, as well as vs furnance of flesh)
2)Mutating frenzy got the correct buff and did more damage vs furnance of flesh, then the non buffed unit

I noticed that the elimintor red buff gets basicly reaplied and vanishes rapidly every few seconds. I´d suggest to extend the timer of the buff duration. The short refresh rate is probably needed so that new units entering the area receive the buff as well.
Problem: Shadow phoenix animation requires more time and exceeds the buff duration. But once the animation has proceeded, the pheonix cant get stopped by cc or auto attacks anymore. Simultaniously the buff can´t get (re)applied anymore i´d assume.

Edited by LichterLoh

Understandable to some extend. I guess the "demon soldier" tag of the pheonix in this case is only serving a limited purpose then.

Thanks for clarification.

I was checking out potential "Eliminator" fun ideas . But yeah there are not that many viable units to synerigze with on T2.
Shadow pheonix might have ended up hilarious but also too strong mostlikely. Even so its just a "minor buff"

Edited by LichterLoh

39 minutes ago, LichterLoh said:

Understandable to some extend. I guess the "demon soldier" tag of the pheonix in this case is only serving a limited purpose then.

It can still be relevant, if other units have an ability where they deal extra damage against Demons.