Major lag spikes

Enraged

Hello.

Yesterday I started noticing significant lag spikes of varying duration and intensity, sometimes lasting a few seconds, sometimes more, sometimes leading to the game 'freezing', yet chat functions and menus still work.  Twice this occurred during slave master expert (both which resulted in the game freezing or crashing), again in rPvE 9 (which did recover), and again in slave master expert today, though there was only 1 major spike at the 36 minute mark which lasted for around 10-15 seconds, but during which I had no control.  After which the game went through at a rapid pace to catch up to actual time.   While today has so far proven alot smoother ive only done one game so far.  Ill attach the replay in case it might be of help.  Ive only rediscovered this game from about a week ago and prior to these events have not experienced such incidents, so figured it might be a new issue.

Enraged

Enraged_Solo_Slavemaster_Expert 2.pmv

I just had a look through it and yes, they made it to the replay.  The first was around the 31 minute mark, then again at 32.47, 34.39, 36.22, 38.02, 39.49, 40.39, 42.24, and 45 mins, usually for 5-10 seconds.  I thought maybe it was related to twilight spawns but only some of those coincided with lag spikes, and it was after the spawns when they were mostly dead.

obrazek.thumb.png.a56cfdcf8d9b7245fab6c79c47d3d138.png

I was not been able to measure any problematic tick, so even if your PC would run the game 5 times slower, there shouldnt be any issue with tick times.

Do you have asynchronous rendering enabled? ("MT Rendering*: Auto-Detect" in options)
Do you encounter these lags also if you watch an empty part of map, where is nothing happening?

MT rendering is set to Off, and during the game some of these lag spikes occurred while watching another area with very mild combat and low unit density.  Can confirm this in the replay, even looking in an unexplored corner still has the same sort of incidents.

There were still lag spikes of varying degrees, both in the unexplored corner and in high activity areas.  They might be a bit fewer and some less severe but hard to tell.  Could it be something to do with the root network?  It would be unusual, as its only one spot at a time being activated and ive been using more complex root networks in the days before these incidents.

Assesing complexity of the root network, seems like almost impossible task from the user's point of view. 😢

If it would be related to the complexity of root network in the amount of calculations required it would show on my chart in blue (most probably).

Because I am unable to reproduce the issue, I have no idea, what I can do. I can only think about you becoming tester, to get access to the profiling tools:

Ah, well thanks for trying and so quickly too!  I might see if the issue persists in other maps and situations before jumping into testing levels of investigation, perhaps try it with another player and see if they suffer the same sort of issue.  

As a bit of a followup, I havent encountered any lag like before since perhaps the day after we talked, and only one crash late in the mission.  I think the crash might be related to one of two things:  A structure accidentally overlapping the twilight teleporter at the bottom, or triggering events out of order (ie clearing the slavemaster and his camp before mo has even arrived).  Havent encountered a crash (touch wood) since moving a bit further back from the portal, or leaving the slave camp til after mo arrives.