Why don't u implement draft/sealed (MTG style) gameplay modes into the game? It would dramatically increase your playerbase.

gastluy

I will say it.
IMHO, Draft should be considered as a must have. 

I am not saying it doesn't requires a lot of work but the rules are simple:

- A dedicated UI
- You get attributed 9 boosters or something like that... 
- You try to build a good pvp or rPvE. You can have 5-10 cards rerolls. 
- You go for a fight. it needs a dedicated MM.

The rest is simple rogue like rules.

In Pvp:
- You can lose max 3 times with your deck. If it's the case or if you surrender, you can start over.
- Each win gives you a reward multiplier for golds and BF points.

In RPvE:

- First lose = game over.
- Each win levels up the difficulty of the map.
- A let's say +100% gold is given when you win, compared to a normal RPvE game + some BF Points?

To be honest, that kind of mode was a big miss from Phenomic. I guess the idea of a mode who doesn't requires to spend money on was not what they were looking for... But that's kind of sad as It gives everything most players look for in a video game: Challenge, replayability and rewards.

Why you assume 9 boosters, and 10 card rerolls (assuming that means replace card with a random other card of same rarity) is enough to have playable deck?
I just tried https://skylords-reborn.fandom.com/wiki/Booster_Packs?so=search to get 10 boosters, and my options for T1 was:

• Executor, Nox Trooper, Soul Splicer, Life Weaving,
  • Baner of Glory, Makeshift Tower, Eription, Mine,
  • 2x Imperials, Glaciation,
  • NO NATURE T1 in 10 boosters

These 10 boosters (one more over your sugestion instead of reroll) would be 4050 :bf: (minus some discount for tournament or more expensive to compensate for the possible rewards?), which would be big investment for many people.

Now lets analyze chances of winning based on prefered T1:

1. NATURE: There is no chance of winning because I would not be able to play anything
  2. FIRE: There would be no chance of winning, if oponent would have T1 unit, otherwise, it would be 30 minutes long match of trying to spend as much power as possible (to win by PvP score).
  3. FROST: First faction, where we can consider a squad, but slow one, so if oponent would have ranged squad, or damaging spell, I would stand no chance again.
  4. SHADOW: 2 squads, building and a spell, but I have no idea what either of them does, so I would be forced to pick the least fun faction, to have any chance of winning, and that would still not guarantee oponent would not have much better draw.

So where do you see any fun in loosing ~4000 :bf: and not being able to play?

9 boosters was 100% random from my part. I didn't think about it. It's just for "gameplay reference".
Obviously, some calculations are needed to see how many boosters is needed to access to some fun in this mod. Maybe it's 15, maybe it's 20? Who knows.

And the big idea about it is not to pay for it.
In draft mod, the x boosters should be given.
The cards you get when you open the deck is linked to the current "run" you are playing. You can't use it for something else. You don't get it at the end of the run. It's simply deleted.

The only things remaining at the end are the rewards.

This kind of mod is really similar to Heartstone's Arena mod which was really... Really popular. (I don't know if it's still the case, i dropped heartstone years ago).

Edited by Atahal

How often do you think people will be able to pay for that many boosters?

The more boosters, the more expensive it would be to play souch mode, and the less likely it would be someone would actually play it. So it would be much less accesible than all the currrent game modes combined.

The original reference was to MTG, where similar game "mode" exist, where you pay for these boosters.
If it would be given 20 boosters FOR FREE, many would play it, just to get these boosters, instantly loose, just to be able to get another 20 boosters as soon as possible, resulting in people getting 1000s boosters per day.
If the cards would be deleted, it seems like a total waste, and can easily imagine someone getting promo, and after loosing it quiting the game.

Again, 

You do not pay for this boosters.
This boosters are linked to your current "draft run". You can't use it for something else. And at the end, all cards you got through draft are destroyed. So, people would not be able to just "spam" that to get free boosters.

It's not a waste.It's a challenge. It's just how this kind of mode works. The idea is to get rewards by winning RPvE  or PvP with a temporary deck built from scratch with the cards you got and nothing else.

You can even imagine a "finite" amount of times you can play with a specific deck. In heartstone if i remember correctly, it's 10 wins max with a deck. It's a good way to force players to refresh their decks. You can limite the number of times you can create a new deck per day, per weeks, etc to avoid the "I will redraft until i have the perfect deck" effect.. Etc... 
For real, there is a tons of way to make it viable.

And i don't get the problem with promos? I am really not sure players are playing SLR just to play with promos for 1-10 games and then leave... But hey, let's say it's the case? Just deactivate promos tho. That's that simple.

In MTG I never loast any cards after a tounament, that idea seems really stupid, would the even runner keep the cards to sell them later, or would it be mandatory for them to have shreadder ready, to destroy the cards?

To me the idea of temporary cards seems stupid.

And deactivating the promos would mean creating new booster, and maintaining the content of yet another booster to be up to date with newly released cards.
And I think you misunderstood me they would not leave because they would play with a promo, but because the card would be taken from them, it doesn need to be a promo.
I can not imagine anyone being interested in game, that takes things from them for no reason.

It looks like we are not speaking about the same things.

What you are talking about are draft tournaments. 
I am not speaking about tournaments.

In my case, i am speaking about a true game mode. Not just something for tournaments even if i think it could also work in this scenario.

For the rest, you have 100% the right to think it's stupid.
All i can say is, well.. Your statement is not supported by anything else than your own opinion.

Me, i can say this mode IS factually popular. 
We can see it being implemented AND loved by a lot of people on other card games. Like Heartstone.
And, losing everything after a defeat, well, it's basically the core principle of every rogue like on the market.

It's really "not my idea". It's a legit mode, already implemented in a shitload of games and most players are already aware about the rules and how it works.

Players are not stupid.
They know how to read.
They understand things when you explain it to them. Specially when you have literally tons of way to explain it to the player. 
And they wont be shocked if the mode is correctly built and everything tells them it's a temporary deck which will be destroy after x games or defeats.

EDIT:

Oh and for the promos. For me it's simply not a problem. Making special decks without promos is a way to deal with a semi-issue. 
Sure it's a lot of works...
Probably too much to prevent something people will not really care much in reality...

Edited by Atahal