[Forum Game] Rate the song!

Treim

21 minutes ago, Valaraukar said:

2/10 cause it's classical music.

You probably don't understand the definition of classic if you explain it like that. Classic is not a type of music, but music that is so good that it isn't forgotten, left behind.

These are some definitions I found:

• judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind.
  • a work of art of recognized and established value.
  • a term used to note that something was just pure genuine and worth remembering. 
  • used to say that something has come to be considered one of the best of its kind
  • used to say that something is an example of excellence
  • used to describe something that has been popular for a long time

So since you don't like it, don't call it classic :P

Edited by BionicReaper

"Classical music is mainly used as a term for the european music tradition. It covers the epochs from the renaissance music to the music of romanticism" That's what I and most people understand as classical music. I know what you are talking about but that's a completely different thing.

Edited by Valaraukar

I've been a classical musician since the age of 3, so, let me define "Classcial music" from my point of view. 

We (we as in classical musicians) usually refer to classical music by it's composers, Mozart, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninoff, etc. Even some of John Williams pieces are considered "classical music"

And why are the works of these people considered as classical music? It all comes down to style and complications. In stead of using only 4 chords in the entire song like most popular pop music, instead, the classical music pieces exhibit certain level of complexity such as counterpoint, orchestration, harmony, etc. (complexity is one of the many reasons John Williams is included in the list)

We could go deeper with the details but these are pretty much the main things.

ps. this is also debatable, some renowned musicians might agree otherwise.

Edited by KhongtheFork