Old School Efficiency

nukie

Hello Skyladies and Skylords,

Welcome to another Community Run PvE event!

Quick Overview:

Map                          - Encounters with Twilight 

Difficulty                   - Standard

Date                          - 10:30 CET 01.06.2023 until 23:59 CET 11.06.2023

Prizes                        - Boosters

Winner reveal           - Stream and Forum (Stream Date: 16th of June 19:00 CEST)

image.png

Rules and Goals:

Win the map in under 45 min

Do not use any ability except Open/Close Gate of the Fortification Wall and the Amii Screaming Stone 
(Abilities are all abilities on units or buildings regardless of power cost. Even if free they can’t be used)

Get the lowest combined power score:
Units give x2 their powercost
Building give x1.5 their powercost
Spells give x1 their powercost  

To check your score you can use Ultralords amazing website: Ultralords amazing Website

image.png

How Can I Participate?

Everyone with an ingame account can participate in the event, there is no need to sign up separately.
You just have to send in your best replay, including the player name and the time, to Vornskr on the forum (@Vornskr666).

You can send in your replays until 23:59 CET 11.06.2023
You can find your replays here: Documents=>Battleforge=>replays

image.png

What's the Prize Pool?

For the prizes there are a few time categories, you can only win one time category! 😉

Below 10 min

• 1st Place: 5 Boosters
  • 2nd Place: 3 Boosters
  • 3rd Place: 2 Boosters
  • 4th-5th Place: 1 Booster

Below 15 min

• 1st Place: 3 Boosters
  • 2nd Place: 2 Boosters
  • 3rd Place: 1 Booster

Below 20 min

Below 45 min

image.png

Additional Prizes You Can Win:

Armchair commander: lowest action count: 3 Booster

Powersaver: lowest total power (Not affected by the multipliers) spend: 3 Booster

New Star: lowest PVE rank in each time category : 3 Boosters

Poor man's fortune: lowest deck level: 100k Gold

Code Smith: What do I know? I am not in IT: 5 Booster 

All players without a prize will be entered into a random draw, there will be up to 10x Boosters up for grabs!

When will the winners be announced?

The winners will be announced via a Twitch stream (Ultralord´s Stream) co hosted by Ultralord and Vornskr! The stream will include the 3 most interesting runs, quiz questions (with prizes!) and some interesting data from the event.

image.png

Future Events

If you are interested in helping with these kinds of events for the community, or want to host one yourself as I do it here, don't be afraid and simply reach out!
Send @nukie@Metagross31, or @Minashigo Hiko a PM on the forum, or direct message via Discord (nukie#9354, Metagross31#1103, Minashigo Hiko#1126).
They are happy to assist you with upcoming events and with sponsoring towards your prize pool!

We hope you have a lot of fun with this event and are looking forward to seeing all your replays!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

image.png

• nukie featured and pinned this topic
On 5/31/2023 at 12:10 PM, nukie said:

Hello Skyldies and Skylords,

Welcome to another Community Run PvE event!

Quick Overview:

Map                          - Encounters with Twilight 

Difficulty                   - Standard

Date                          - 10:30 CET 01.06.2023 until 23:59 CET 11.06.2023

Prizes                        - Boosters

Winner reveal           - Stream and Forum

image.png

Rules and Goals:

Win the map in under 45 min

Do not use any ability except Open/Close Gate of the Fortification Wall and the Amii Screaming Stone 

Get the lowest combined power score:
Units give x2 their powercost
Building give x1.5 their powercost
Spells give x1 their powercost  

To check your score you can use Ultralords amazing website: Ultralords amazing Website

image.png

How Can I Participate?

Everyone with an ingame account can participate in the event, there is no need to sign up separately.
You just have to send in your best replay, including the player name and the time, to Vornskr on the forum (@Vornskr666).

You can send in your replays until 23:59 CET 11.06.2023
You can find your replays here: Documents=>Battleforge=>replays

image.png

What's the Prize Pool?

For the prizes there are a few time categories, you can only win one time category! 😉

Below 10 min

• 1st Place: 5 Boosters
  • 2nd Place: 3 Boosters
  • 3rd Place: 2 Boosters
  • 4th-5th Place: 1 Booster

Below 15 min

Below 20 min

Below 45 min

image.png

Additional Prizes You Can Win:

Powersaver: lowest total power (Not affected by the multipliers) spend: 3 Booster

Poor man's fortune: lowest deck level: 100k Gold

Code Smith: What do I know? I am not in IT: 5 Booster 

All players without a prize will be entered into a random draw, there will be up to 10x Boosters up for grabs!

When will the winners be announced?

The winners will be announced via a Twitch stream (Ultralord´s Stream) co hosted by Ultralord and Vornskr! The stream will include the 3 most interesting runs, quiz questions (with prizes!) and some interesting data from the event.

image.png

Future Events

If you are interested in helping with these kinds of events for the community, or want to host one yourself as I do it here, don't be afraid and simply reach out!
Send @nukie@Metagross31, or @Minashigo Hiko a PM on the forum, or direct message via Discord (nukie#9354, Metagross31#1103, Minashigo Hiko#1126).
They are happy to assist you with upcoming events and with sponsoring towards your prize pool!

We hope you have a lot of fun with this event and are looking forward to seeing all your replays!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

image.png

Sounds interesting, but I hava a few questions.

Additional Prizes You Can Win:

Poor man's fortune: lowest deck level: 100k Gold

Code Smith: What do I know? I am not in IT: 5 Booster

-What happens when two people have the same result at the additional prizes?

-How does the "Code Smith" challange work?

3 hours ago, itap said:

Sounds interesting, but I hava a few questions.

Additional Prizes You Can Win:

Poor man's fortune: lowest deck level: 100k Gold

Code Smith: What do I know? I am not in IT: 5 Booster

-What happens when two people have the same result at the additional prizes?

-How does the "Code Smith" challange work?

Draws for the additional rizes will BE deside by the lower powerscore. If the power scores are equal the faster time will win.

The "Code Smith" is more are riddle than prize you can win. I don't want to spoiler it.

Heads up: Spawning discounted units (via breeding grounds, and probably also for similar effects) appears to not discount the score of the unit (at least on ultralord's website).

That is, spawning a 100-cost unit inside breeding grounds' 25% reduction zone, thus spending 75 power, ends up giving your replay +100*2=+200 points, rather than the discounted +75*2=+150 points.

Not sure if this is an oversight in the way the website counts points, or if it's intended (i.e. score is deliberately based on the card cost rather than actual power spent), but it may be good to clear this up since it's an issue that a lot of people will likely run into when trying to optimize for least power spent 🙂

That issue aside --
Really fun challenge! Thank you for hosting this 😄

Metagross31 and DefAnske like this

I would not call it an issue. I did not want to bully everyone into playing Breeding Grounds.

On the other hand Breeding Ground, Construction Hut and Forest Elder discount after summoning the card.
I don´t know how they are codede but it seems they refund the percentage of power afterwards.

You can send in multiple Replays - But only one can count

Thanks for the participantion and have fun.

Edited by Vornskr666
Correction
Tiny Thor likes this

Questions:

-Skills like Shami heal doesnt count as ability? All <passive> Skills without a button can be used?

-Repair of Buildings and wall = Ability or may be used?

-wall build - counts as building 25 points?

-building energy wells - monu and rebuild monu doesnt counts as 0 points?

Edited by GevatterTODdy

This is a fun challenge. Really curious how to get sub 10 minutes. I got really lucky getting 14:57 so I am competing for the sub 15 minute part of the event!
Good luck to all. 🙂

Edited by NullSeed

autosave.pmv This is an sub 10 minutes replay... I think the rules are missing 1 point 😄 and that the website is counting cost of the cards wrong 😛

my checker I just made have the correct number I believe. Can you please check it?

image.thumb.png.020ca7154a13d9444005c12763182b7f.png

4 hours ago, Kubik said:

autosave.pmv This is an sub 10 minutes replay... I think the rules are missing 1 point 😄 and that the website is counting cost of the cards wrong 😛

my checker I just made have the correct number I believe. Can you please check it?

image.thumb.png.020ca7154a13d9444005c12763182b7f.png

Yeah well, indeed. The website is not expecting someone playing Test Striker in an Event 🤷‍♂️

image.png

Metagross31 likes this

41 minutes ago, NullSeed said:

I am assuming that the extra rule should be only released cards? Because as far as I know Teststrike isn't a model you can normally have. 

When you are conducting an event and if someone comes along with stuff like that, this falls under a general "don't be an idiot" rule. 

Volin and Creampopz like this

1 minute ago, Kapo said:

When you are conducting an event and if someone comes along with stuff like that, this falls under a general "don't be an idiot" rule. 

Honestly was just replying to Warchief stating there was a rule missing. As it seems obvious to me that you shouldn't be doing an event on a testserver or something like that 😆

• nukie unpinned and unfeatured this topic