2v2 solo queue

Tiny Thor

Would it be a lot of dev work to implement something like a solo queue for 2v2? (and/or is it perhaps on the list of things to do already?)

What i mean is something like

1. you queue up alone
  2. the system matches you with three other players who queued up alone (four total in the match, including you)
  3. the system assigns the four players to their teams, trying to keep the teammate-sum-ELO-rating as close as possible between both sides (so the two players with highest rating won't be on the same team vs the two lowest)
  4. the game begins and you play

I had my first 2v2 game today and it was really fun! I'd say more enjoyable than 1v1's, at least for me as a new-ish player. Perhaps this is a sign that 2v2 is more approachable for new players / more casual players? Either way, it'd be sweet if 2v2 was easier to get into regardless of wether you have friends who play the game  / before you've put in the time to make in-game friends. Might help with player retention, too!🙂

Edited by Tiny Thor
grammar
Carofex and Metagross31 like this