Patch #400042 - 19 May 2023

WindHunter

3 hours ago, Draconnor said:

I may be wrong but Neutral Swamp Grake have same bug as unfixed neutral windhunter - in term of Mind Controll (spell is cast but witout effect).

*there is small chance that i missclicked MC on other unit that died scecond after casting 😉

Thanks for the report, we will be fixing this.

Draconnor and Metagross31 like this

Have there been made other chages to Lost Souls besides the Lost Wanderer change? The last rPvE 9 match i played was laughably easy at T2 there were only 2 squads of Minions 1 squad of fighters 1 healer and 1 spellbreaker. That was the easiest LS T2 i have ever encountered as far as i can remember.

Edit:

Werent Twilight Slayers nefed too? Because now they do less damage when an enemy unit is close to them or have they always been like that? Maybe im just paranoid but the 3 lvl 9 LS maps ive played so far seemed way too easy.

Edited by Fundus

On 5/27/2023 at 12:41 PM, Fundus said:

Werent Twilight Slayers nefed too? Because now they do less damage when an enemy unit is close to them or have they always been like that? Maybe im just paranoid but the 3 lvl 9 LS maps ive played so far seemed way too easy.

That has always been the case (and the intended way to counter them).

Have there been made other chages to Lost Souls besides the Lost Wanderer change? The last rPvE 9 match i played was laughably easy at T2 there were only 2 squads of Minions 1 squad of fighters 1 healer and 1 spellbreaker. That was the easiest LS T2 i have ever encountered as far as i can remember.

Lost Reaver has been fixed, so that he attacks you as he should, and iirc some Lost Wanderers were replaced with Crawlers. Maybe you just were lucky and pulled easy ones.

at T2 there were only 2 squads of Minions 1 squad of fighters 1 healer and 1 spellbreaker.

It is a quite weird composition that I can't remember either to have that seen before. Tho I've seen even easier T2 where it was the named combo but a shaman instead of a spellbreaker.

I know that usually only 2 things should have changed here, as mentioned by Metagross, but also share the feeling that some of the usual T2 composisions have changed a bit. But can't say for sure

Metagross31 likes this

Just dumb luck it seems.

This is my recent 4P LS rPvE9. Actually had incomes of Treefiend+Priests from the first row camp. Joining Spellbreakers incomes from T3. Was so busy fighting those off with only T1 that the other player had time to build up a huge T2 army to clear T3 by themselves. Last row was a total meatgrinder. Won but it had a few close calls. Especially the player that had the Spellbreaker T2 camp accidentally pulled it by spawning his Nomads at his base towards the camp, aggroing it and losing his orb and well before being able to come back with support.

grafik.png

grafik.png

grafik.png

Thanks for the responses. Yeah maybe im just unlucky but all T2s of lvl 9 LS matches i have played so far looked like this:

215431318_suspiciouslyeasy.thumb.png.31a21d5d3a63d8d9ff9bb144f913fa3a.png

I cant remember ever encountering such easy LS T2s especially not multiple times in a row. After T2 everything seems fine.

Edited by Fundus

• 3 weeks later...

There is definitly something wrong with rPvE 9 Lost Souls maps i almost exclusively play rPvE 9 and all Lost Souls maps i have played since the last patch had way too easy T2s particularly the inner positions. Since members of the Skylords Reborn staff said that they did not make any changes to Lost Souls apart from the ones already mentioned i suspect this is a bug or a programming mistake.

Edited by Fimion

• 2 weeks later...

I did not yet see any rPvE map with the specified amount of enemies, so they was always easier than specified.

But if there was no change, and the bug with many missing enemies isn't new, I do not really se what is the issue.

Right now i dont but ill upload one here as soon as possible. Also there is another weird thing i have noticed while 90% of lvl 9 Lost Souls maps have much easier t2 than before Patch#400042 there are maps where you get instantly attacked at t1 by Lost Spellbreakers unfortunately i dont have a replay but i have a screenshot.

Edit: This was on position 3.

1068226913_InstaAttack.png

Edited by Fundus

On 5/19/2023 at 8:21 PM, WindHunter said:
  • The game now handles global key events on key down rather than on key up interactions. BattleForge is an outlier among modern games in that hotkeys are activated when a player releases a key, not when it is first pressed. By changing this, the game now feels much smoother and more responsive. Players can change back to using key up interactions by changing the line "global_key_events_on_key_down" in the config file to false.

Community Splitter.png

I was really looking forward to this, but it does only account for keystrokes, not mouseclicks. Any chance to further it for the latter?

Dutchy likes this

• 2 months later...
  • Zyna unpinned and unfeatured this topic

@Fundus I encourage you to make a bug report in the proper forum section rather than posting in old patch note threads:

https://forum.skylords.eu/index.php?/forum/41-report-a-bug/

In that bug report we also need replays which demonstrate the issue, otherwise it is hard for us to investigate this. Thanks!

Metagross31 and Majora like this

• Majora featured this topic