Crash after 12 Player Map Passage To Darkness (Hovering over User)

bergerb

DESCRIPTION: After playing PTD, when I hover over one of the users, the game crashes. I caputured both crashes with ShadowPlay. I got 5 Minutes of the Match before the first crash and the whole Match before the second crash. But I think the last few seconds are most important. Please let me know, if you want to see the rest too.

REPRODUCIBILITY: Happened twice, (Videos attached)

SCREENSHOT/VIDEO:
Crash1: https://youtu.be/wqRkT47vfxg
Crash2: https://youtu.be/FNgsxvTkAOA

LOG:
Crash1: c1*
Crash2: c2*

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: In the first video, you can see that I successfully hovered over one user, before I created the lobby. But the Bug happened later anyway. I tried to recreate it with a 4-player map and it seems like it doesn't happen there. But I don't know what exactly causes this, but I am guessing it has something to do with the User-Preview-Function on the "small" User-List (>4 Players in one group).

Also: the first game desynced! I don't know if that caused the bug, because I did not see the message in the second game.

c1_crashdata.mdmp c1_log_proxy_latest.log c2_crashdata.mdmp c2_log_gd.txt c2_log_proxy_latest.log c2_movie.pmv c2_movie_deck.pmv

unfortunately the log is not useful 😞 in telling what did happen, only that it most probably was an LUA call.

Today there should be a patch to which I pushed small feature that will log LUA calls.
To enable that you will need to set in config: `debug`.`lua`.`trace_lua_calls` to true.

If you do not know how to do that you can just send me whole config, I will edit it and send it back.
You can find the config at this path: "Documents\BattleForge\config.json"

So sorry for the guys I kicked out of the lobby with the crash😞

definitly reproducable, dont even need to play the game, once there are more than 4 players (unsure if that really is needed? on other maps, <4 player-swipe didn't do anything..), swipe over the usernames, crash

Logs attached, exceeds file size limit, so I zipped it 🙂

log_gd.txt crashdata.mdmp movie_deck.pmv _log_proxy_latest.zip

11 hours ago, bergerb said:

And another 🙂 27MB of Log-File 😛

If you think 27MB is a lot... 😜

Spoiler

image.png

sorry the file was too big, even when if compressed 🤣

9 minutes ago, Kubik said:

If you think 27MB is a lot... 😜

Reveal hidden contents

Tell that to my single-side, single-density floppy disk 😃