Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

Sign in to follow this  
Kallion

Battleforge Lore

Heeeey~ I was talking to my gf yesterday telling her about this awesome game certain company closed while i was making her listen the amazing OST (which she loved)... 

Tried to tell her the story of the game... but I couldnt remember the "intro", the "how it all begun". Elements, giants, the forge... all that is fine, i remember 90% of all of it. Theo nly missing part i have is the Slayer and Slayed One i think they were named. Anyone here remember that part? Light and Darkness fighting for all eternity and Darkness won, was it? The drops of blood of the slayed one became stars?

Tried to tell her the story of the game... but I couldnt remember the "intro", the "how it all begun". Elements, giants, the forge... all that is fine, i remember 90% of all of it. Theo nly missing part i have is the Slayer and Slayed One i think they were named. Anyone here remember that part? Light and Darkness fighting for all eternity and Darkness won, was it? The drops of blood of the slayed one became stars?

Are u saying that you remember the whole story of battleforge, but this one part? You have the whole story in your memory? That'd be impressive O.o

I do remember all the story, maybe not some specific dialogues but yeah i do remember the whole thing except this one part that was short and dont even remember where i saw it. 

Its not that hard to remember it if you only played to run maps with people for the sake of listening the narrator telling what the map was about.

I remember the story was pretty complicated, there was a lot to say. Rogan Kayle was a shoemaker for the King, and he lead the humans in their dark times. Umm I just remember the Lost Souls were trying to corrupt the world and it was Moon and you(player) trying to stop this. And you had to get the help of Mo, Jorne, Rogan Kayle and Viridya. I can't explain fully since the last time I played was like 2-3 years ago. :(

The fate and form of this world have always been driven and guided by the powers, the basic elemental forces of life. Everything must bow to their rule and strength as their essence is woven deep into the fiber of every mortal being. Bound to these powers by fate, blood or sorcery, mortals, beasts and many wondrous creatures populate the face of Nyn. They all must face an ancient power as mighty as all the others combined: the power of stone which is the earth with its godlike sons, the Giants.

Artwork Jorne

As slave masters, the giants, led by Jorne, the oldest of their kind, ruled Nyn for millennia. Their cruelties and obsessions haunted the mortal races. Men, elves and even the savage orcs used every moment of respite to dream of better days. All prayed that mighty beings would descend from the skies and smite the giants, bringing blessed freedom in their wake. And indeed, one day beings did descend from the heavens to fight the giants. The mortals named them Gods for they could not imagine more benevolent creatures. Though even the might of the Gods was not enough to defeat the giants alone, their struggle kindled a spark of strength within the mortals' souls.

Artwork Giantsbane Cannon

A resistance formed within the mortal races. They forged titanic Giantsbane Cannonsand mighty landships to fight alongside the Gods. Eventually the giants were defeated and fled underground, hiding in the bowels of their mother the earth.

With the mortal races freed, the Gods returned to the skies. With them they took the most valiant of the mortal warriors. They were to become counselors and aides to the Gods, their counselors and guides, symbols for their brotherhood with the mortals. The mortals named them Skylords and held them in reverence. An era of prosperity began, free to shape their own fate, guarded by the Gods and the Skylords, the mortals forged great kingdoms and cities.

Artwork Mora

But one day the Gods vanished and the sun began to dim. A vile twilight crept over Nyn. As the Skylords watched in dismay, their mortal brethren fled under the surface to hide from the cold, searching for warmth. There they struck a trade with the giants who still lived beneath the earth’s skin: all the mortals' treasure in exchange for a new sun, forged by the giants using earthen magic. But one greedy mortal king betrayed the others and stole the unimaginable treasure that was the sun's payment just as the Giant King Jorne hurled it into the sky. Furious, Jorne ordered his giants to hunt the mortals, driving them back to the surface and into the wan light of the new sun.

But the mortals not only faced the wrath of the giants. The year of twilight that had passed while they were hiding underground had changed the world into a twisted place and its creatures into vile abominations. And while the mortals set out to reclaim their world, the Skylords realized they must help shape this new age

---------------------------------------- 

The Forge of Creation

Said to be the home of the Gods, a magnificent city floating amongst the clouds. It is a place beyond comprehension where powerful streams of elemental magic flow through strange machinery and gods walk vast halls.

After their victory against the giants, the Gods chose the greatest of mortal heroes to become immortal soldiers and stand by their side within the Forge. These heroes became known as Skylords. They discovered the Forge had the ability to create almost anything, from magical wonders to creatures and even monumental structures. But the Forge was bound by two rules.

Text icon dragon

Firstly, only that which had been dreamt of or written about by mortals, only that which had journeyed into the realm of legend, could be created. Secondly, it needed a link to the elemental forces world-magic.

Chron hr nature

Whatever mortal legend is known to a Skylord can be recreated by the Forge. Mythical creatures or legendary spells can all become the weapons and tools of the Skylords. But for over a thousand years they were never used

--------------------------------------------------------------

Skylords are immortal beings that are the soldiers and aides of Gods. They live amongst the gods in the Forge of Creation, a magical city floating in the sky.

After the Giants were defeated and driven underground, the mortals who had fought in the resistance and had done great deeds in the final battles alongside the gods were rewarded. The gods raised them, calling them up to the Forge of Creation to be soldiers and aides, immortal and incorporeal. These beings were called the Lords of the Sky, or the Aedai in the old Amii language.

They learned to use the power of the Forge to summon legendary creatures and reshape wonders and catastrophes from [sic] the world's past.

This is their power and at the same time their limit, as they can recreate mortal dreams but never their own wishes. That is one ability they have lost: they are not able to create themselves, not able to dream anymore. Powerful they may be. But they are also locked in a dreamless state of incorporeal immortality.

Soldiers of the gods they were called, but they were never put to use, never sent into battle. They just waited, for a thousand years, waited for the moment of their destiny to come. And while the gods remained passive and silent, they watched from the high realm of the Forge as the mortals prospered and squabbled.

The Skylords had one limit - that they could only recreate that which the mortals had dreamt about. This came from their very nature, that they were dreams themselves. After the Forge had given them and the powerful gods a victory over the giants, stories circulated of mortals that had done heroic deeds in the great battles. And whilst those mortals perished sooner or later, their stories lived on as immortal heroes that fought by the side of the gods. As such, they were, like the gods before them, created by the Forge.

The Skylords are torn and twisted by the powerful emotions that the legends have infused into them. And as they were created from dreams, they remained unable to dream themselves.

Known Skylords - Brannoc, Moon, Viridya

The Twilight or Twilight-cursed are not a faction or group with a common goal or culture. They are beings that have been struck by the Twilight curse. The affliction changes their bodies and burns away their spirit, replacing it with a common desire for destruction. They have no real leaders, but they tend to gather around the most powerful of their kind. Sometimes, it seems there is a collective urge driving or drawing them to specific places, but no mind has been known to give them orders.

Whatever affiliation they had before their infection -fire or naturefrost or shadow - they now all belong to the Twilight, unified in their desire for destruction.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Primal Ore was the material that was used to build the Forge of Creation, as well as being used by the Amii to build the various monuments and wells that are dotted across Nyn in order to tap into the planet's power and elemental bonds. The dwarf Gnaurr had also learnt the secret of forging primal ore, imparting the secret into a series of crystals that would be called Gnaurr's Riddle by the mortals in ages hence, before he and the rest of the dwarves were turned to stone for their rebellious acts against their giant masters.

Primal ore was also used in the forging of a new Key to Akylos, opening the gates to the afterlife.

-----------------------------------------------------

Ragged gangs of bandits roam the wastelands with a lust for plunder. Bandits are remarkably versatile, with troops ranging from fast moving infantry units up to heavy artillery. If kept in line, these bandit forces will prove to be even fiercer than the Twilight.

------------------------------------------------------

Giantsbane is an explosive powder invented by the master smith Brannoc during the Giant Wars. It powered the massive cannons and guns that would allow the mortals to fight on an even footing with the giants.

SUMMARY:

A mysterious and perpetual twilight befell the world, and in desperation, the mortal races of the world begged for refuge in the underground caves of their former masters, the Giants. A bargain was then struck, all the gold and gems the mortals had acquired in exchange for the Giants building a new sun, and it was Jorne, the King of Giants who hurled the new sun into the sky. But the Red King of Fire, the mortal ruler of the fire tribes betrayed the agreement, plundering all the treasure given to the Giants. Enraged, the Giants forced the mortal races aboveground. It was then the mortals discovered a tainted blight had infected the land during the twilight. As a result of this, creatures infected thus were referred to as the Twilight. With the aid of the skylords, one mortal, a Lyrish man named Rogan Kayle set out to reclaim his homeland from the twisted infection of the Twilight...or not

Source: http://battleforge.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Lore - check it out, the wiki is full of great stuff ;)

Other interesting links

http://battleforge.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Races - races 

http://battleforge.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Elements - Elements

http://battleforge.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Locations - locations (cities, others)

http://battleforge.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Characters - characters that participate in the campaign (most of them, I didnt find QueekQueek there :( )

Source: http://battleforge.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Lore - check it out, the wiki is full of great stuff ;)

Edited by anonyme0273

^^^ Thats some nice info right over there

well it didnt take long to find - i am a fan of BF lore, I like to read it again and again, and with each time I read it, I miss :bf: more and more... thus I am more and more excited for the re-release ;)

Heeeey~ I was talking to my gf yesterday telling her about this awesome game certain company closed while i was making her listen the amazing OST (which she loved)... 

I believe you are referring to the birth of the factions, and more specifically about the Shadow and the Fire elements. I can barely remember it, but I think you are on the right track. I'm still not sure, but they were princes, brothers who ended up fighting. The Slayed One's blood then dropped on Nyn and it became the Shadow, the first element. That's the best I can remember, but with the info you already have in the wiki, you should be fine.

On 25/08/2015 at 7:47 PM, anonyme0273 said:

The fate and form of this world have always been driven and guided by the powers, the basic elemental forces of life. Everything must bow to their rule and strength as their essence is woven deep into the fiber of every mortal being. Bound to these powers by fate, blood or sorcery, mortals, beasts and many wondrous creatures populate the face of Nyn. They all must face an ancient power as mighty as all the others combined: the power of stone which is the earth with its godlike sons, the Giants.

Artwork Jorne

As slave masters, the giants, led by Jorne, the oldest of their kind, ruled Nyn for millennia. Their cruelties and obsessions haunted the mortal races. Men, elves and even the savage orcs used every moment of respite to dream of better days. All prayed that mighty beings would descend from the skies and smite the giants, bringing blessed freedom in their wake. And indeed, one day beings did descend from the heavens to fight the giants. The mortals named them Gods for they could not imagine more benevolent creatures. Though even the might of the Gods was not enough to defeat the giants alone, their struggle kindled a spark of strength within the mortals' souls.

Artwork Giantsbane Cannon

A resistance formed within the mortal races. They forged titanic Giantsbane Cannonsand mighty landships to fight alongside the Gods. Eventually the giants were defeated and fled underground, hiding in the bowels of their mother the earth.

With the mortal races freed, the Gods returned to the skies. With them they took the most valiant of the mortal warriors. They were to become counselors and aides to the Gods, their counselors and guides, symbols for their brotherhood with the mortals. The mortals named them Skylords and held them in reverence. An era of prosperity began, free to shape their own fate, guarded by the Gods and the Skylords, the mortals forged great kingdoms and cities.

Artwork Mora

But one day the Gods vanished and the sun began to dim. A vile twilight crept over Nyn. As the Skylords watched in dismay, their mortal brethren fled under the surface to hide from the cold, searching for warmth. There they struck a trade with the giants who still lived beneath the earth’s skin: all the mortals' treasure in exchange for a new sun, forged by the giants using earthen magic. But one greedy mortal king betrayed the others and stole the unimaginable treasure that was the sun's payment just as the Giant King Jorne hurled it into the sky. Furious, Jorne ordered his giants to hunt the mortals, driving them back to the surface and into the wan light of the new sun.

But the mortals not only faced the wrath of the giants. The year of twilight that had passed while they were hiding underground had changed the world into a twisted place and its creatures into vile abominations. And while the mortals set out to reclaim their world, the Skylords realized they must help shape this new age

---------------------------------------- 

The Forge of Creation

Said to be the home of the Gods, a magnificent city floating amongst the clouds. It is a place beyond comprehension where powerful streams of elemental magic flow through strange machinery and gods walk vast halls.

After their victory against the giants, the Gods chose the greatest of mortal heroes to become immortal soldiers and stand by their side within the Forge. These heroes became known as Skylords. They discovered the Forge had the ability to create almost anything, from magical wonders to creatures and even monumental structures. But the Forge was bound by two rules.

Text icon dragon

Firstly, only that which had been dreamt of or written about by mortals, only that which had journeyed into the realm of legend, could be created. Secondly, it needed a link to the elemental forces world-magic.

Chron hr nature

Whatever mortal legend is known to a Skylord can be recreated by the Forge. Mythical creatures or legendary spells can all become the weapons and tools of the Skylords. But for over a thousand years they were never used

--------------------------------------------------------------

Skylords are immortal beings that are the soldiers and aides of Gods. They live amongst the gods in the Forge of Creation, a magical city floating in the sky.

After the Giants were defeated and driven underground, the mortals who had fought in the resistance and had done great deeds in the final battles alongside the gods were rewarded. The gods raised them, calling them up to the Forge of Creation to be soldiers and aides, immortal and incorporeal. These beings were called the Lords of the Sky, or the Aedai in the old Amii language.

They learned to use the power of the Forge to summon legendary creatures and reshape wonders and catastrophes from [sic] the world's past.

This is their power and at the same time their limit, as they can recreate mortal dreams but never their own wishes. That is one ability they have lost: they are not able to create themselves, not able to dream anymore. Powerful they may be. But they are also locked in a dreamless state of incorporeal immortality.

Soldiers of the gods they were called, but they were never put to use, never sent into battle. They just waited, for a thousand years, waited for the moment of their destiny to come. And while the gods remained passive and silent, they watched from the high realm of the Forge as the mortals prospered and squabbled.

The Skylords had one limit - that they could only recreate that which the mortals had dreamt about. This came from their very nature, that they were dreams themselves. After the Forge had given them and the powerful gods a victory over the giants, stories circulated of mortals that had done heroic deeds in the great battles. And whilst those mortals perished sooner or later, their stories lived on as immortal heroes that fought by the side of the gods. As such, they were, like the gods before them, created by the Forge.

The Skylords are torn and twisted by the powerful emotions that the legends have infused into them. And as they were created from dreams, they remained unable to dream themselves.

Known Skylords - Brannoc, Moon, Viridya

The Twilight or Twilight-cursed are not a faction or group with a common goal or culture. They are beings that have been struck by the Twilight curse. The affliction changes their bodies and burns away their spirit, replacing it with a common desire for destruction. They have no real leaders, but they tend to gather around the most powerful of their kind. Sometimes, it seems there is a collective urge driving or drawing them to specific places, but no mind has been known to give them orders.

Whatever affiliation they had before their infection -fire or naturefrost or shadow - they now all belong to the Twilight, unified in their desire for destruction.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Primal Ore was the material that was used to build the Forge of Creation, as well as being used by the Amii to build the various monuments and wells that are dotted across Nyn in order to tap into the planet's power and elemental bonds. The dwarf Gnaurr had also learnt the secret of forging primal ore, imparting the secret into a series of crystals that would be called Gnaurr's Riddle by the mortals in ages hence, before he and the rest of the dwarves were turned to stone for their rebellious acts against their giant masters.

Primal ore was also used in the forging of a new Key to Akylos, opening the gates to the afterlife.

-----------------------------------------------------

Ragged gangs of bandits roam the wastelands with a lust for plunder. Bandits are remarkably versatile, with troops ranging from fast moving infantry units up to heavy artillery. If kept in line, these bandit forces will prove to be even fiercer than the Twilight.

------------------------------------------------------

Giantsbane is an explosive powder invented by the master smith Brannoc during the Giant Wars. It powered the massive cannons and guns that would allow the mortals to fight on an even footing with the giants.

SUMMARY:

A mysterious and perpetual twilight befell the world, and in desperation, the mortal races of the world begged for refuge in the underground caves of their former masters, the Giants. A bargain was then struck, all the gold and gems the mortals had acquired in exchange for the Giants building a new sun, and it was Jorne, the King of Giants who hurled the new sun into the sky. But the Red King of Fire, the mortal ruler of the fire tribes betrayed the agreement, plundering all the treasure given to the Giants. Enraged, the Giants forced the mortal races aboveground. It was then the mortals discovered a tainted blight had infected the land during the twilight. As a result of this, creatures infected thus were referred to as the Twilight. With the aid of the skylords, one mortal, a Lyrish man named Rogan Kayle set out to reclaim his homeland from the twisted infection of the Twilight...or not

Source: http://battleforge.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Lore - check it out, the wiki is full of great stuff ;)

Other interesting links

http://battleforge.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Races - races 

http://battleforge.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Elements - Elements

http://battleforge.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Locations - locations (cities, others)

http://battleforge.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Characters - characters that participate in the campaign (most of them, I didnt find QueekQueek there :( )

Source: http://battleforge.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Lore - check it out, the wiki is full of great stuff ;)

The way you writed this is pretty cool :) 

Edited by Fauchderial