nukie

image.png

Hello Skybunnies,

Welcome to the official Easter event!

Quick Overview:

• Community Map:       - The Easter Tree
  • Difficulty:                    - Any
  • Date:                          - 08.04.2023 until 16.04.2023 23:59 UTC
  • Rewards:                    - Boosters, a new banner, promo Easter Egg card*
  • Winner reveal:           - Via the forum

*By playing a match during Easter, you automaticly get the card "Easter Egg (Promo)"!

Rules and Goals:

Complete the map on any difficulty to complete the achievement "Bunny Brawler" which will automatically reward you with a new Easter themed banner.

Want a bigger challenge? Complete The Easter Tree on expert difficulty and submit your fastest time for a chance to win booster packs!

image.png

How Can I Participate?

Everyone with an ingame account can participate in the event, there is no need to sign up separately.
For the speedrun challenge you just have to send in your best replay, including the player name and the time, to Nukie on Discord (nukie#9354) or the forum (@nukie).

Replay name format - "nukie_Time_00h20m30s_.pmv"

You can send in your replays until 23:59 CET 16.04.2023.
You can find your replays here: Documents=>Battleforge=>replays

What's the Speedrun Prize Pool?

The prizes are per person, only your highest place will be rewarded:

1st Place: 8 General Boosters
2nd Place: 6 General Boosters
3rd Place: 5 General Boosters
4th-5th Place: 4 General Boosters
6th-10th Place: 3 General Boosters 

All players in place 11th or below will be entered into a random draw where there will be General Boosters up for grabs.

When will the winners be announced?

The winners will be announced via the forum on 21.04.2023.

How Do I Access The Map?

Spoiler

To access the map for the contest (or any community map), select the blue icon in the far lower right corner:

image.png 

Select the difficulty you plan to complete, then search for “The Easter Tree” and click continue. The map will download automatically. After the map has downloaded, you will find it in the top section of already downloaded maps.

minimap.png

Gameplay Tips (Spoiler!):

Spoiler

Moving the Easter Egg requires a bit of practice, here is a little guidance:

• Whenever the Eggforcer gets very close to the egg by using his Charge ability, the Easter Egg will be pushed in the opposite direction.
  • His Charge ability is automatically cast on-attack, has a short cooldown and requires a minimum distance toward the target.
    • Select the Eggforcer, move him to a position that is facing the Egg in the desired angle, and issue an attack command by right-clicking on the egg.
    • Make sure no other units are blocking the Eggs path.

1732143379_EggPushingExample.gif

image.png

Future Events

If you are interested in helping with these kinds of events for the community or want to host one yourself, don't be afraid and simply reach out!
Send @nukie@Metagross31, or @Minashigo Hiko a PM on the forum, or direct message via Discord (nukie#9354, Metagross31#1103, Minashigo Hiko#1126).
We are happy to assist you with upcoming events and with sponsoring towards your prize pool!

We hope you have a lot of fun with this event and are looking forward to seeing all your replays!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

image.png

Zyna, LEBOVIN, Metagross31 and 7 others like this

• Zyna pinned and featured this topic
8 hours ago, nukie said:

Complete The Easter Tree on expert difficulty and submit your fastest time for a chance to win booster packs!

Ah, now I see that it's about the fastest time. I (dumbest assumable user) thought it was about a creative solution and had already asked myself who should look at all the replays. 🤔😂

nukie and Metagross31 like this

13 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

Thanks for this funny event map with all that lovely ideas and details...

e.g. The bunny ears for the oger, the convetti shooting archers on the brigde wall, the egg kicking mechanic ...

I agree 100%. But what I liked most is that the canyon was used in such a cool way to expand the map.

3 hours ago, Raxaaa said:

i am sad because i was not able to play the map all the time. alwas the game freezes me when i tried to start the map. 😞

Any more information about this issue? Do you have it with other maps? Do you get a error message? 

i can´t klick on continue. when i press back then, everything freezes and i must restart the computer.

yes it is only with this map. and there stands...

du bist nicht berechtigt die karte hochzuladen weil ein anderer spieler die karte bereits hochgeladen hat.

Edited by Raxaaa

1 hour ago, Raxaaa said:

i can´t klick on continue. when i press back then, everything freezes and i must restart the computer.

yes it is only with this map. and there stands...

du bist nicht berechtigt die karte hochzuladen weil ein anderer spieler die karte bereits hochgeladen hat.

Sounds like this could be the problem:

image.png.e5e67ba308ad1d57e0c4400bbccc827a.png

no, sry...

it gets worse and worse.

i think i will miss the event. 😞

but i am not angry. i am not good in things with the computer. and english in school is so many years ago. 😞

still happy that i am allowed to be part of the community in this great, forgotten game. 🙂

1 hour ago, Raxaaa said:

no, sry...

it gets worse and worse.

i think i will miss the event. 😞

but i am not angry. i am not good in things with the computer. and english in school is so many years ago. 😞

still happy that i am allowed to be part of the community in this great, forgotten game. 🙂

You can try to look into the BattleForge folder in your documents directory. In there is a subdirectory called "map". Try finding the .pak file of the easter map in there and delete it, then restart the game and try again :)

UltDragon likes this

• Majora unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Since so many asked me, I might as well share the replay ^^ 

It was a fastest run, but by no means my cleanest as I lost way too many Shadow Phoenix and the egg pushing could be a bit smoother. 

A small explanation on how I did it:

Spoiler

I made 3 Nomads and took out the tower and first group of units. When I got control of the Eggforcer, I let him heal at the wells. After that I placed 3 Mines and pulled the enemies into it. I made sure to avoid the explosions from the dead Twilight Slavers. When they are all killed, I start to kill the spawner. While doing so, I placed a Mine below the 2 defensive towers. This Mine kills the first wave that attacks the monument. After the spawner is destroyed by the Nomads, I ran down and placed a Mine between the Stonekin and Twilight enemies. I had to run real close to the Stonekin unit to get their attention. Not all Stonekin have to die. Afterwards, I ran a bit down and placed 2 Mines for the next camp and pulled them into it. I focused the Twilight Dancer, followed by the spawner and lastly the tower. With the paralyzed unit, I already took the Power Well when I have enough power. At tier 2, I placed 2 Embalmer Shrines for the Shadow Phoenix later. I spanwed 4 Shadow Phoenix when I had enough power and made sure to mine the next wave when they arrived. With those 4 Shadow Phoenix, I crash-dove into the Stonekin Warrior to the left. With Embalmer Shrine active, I got all 4 back unbound. During the same Embalmer Shrine activation, I crashed all 4 into the upper Stonekin camp, killing everything but the Stonekin Crystalfiend. All 4 came back and I flew them to my tier 2 location. There I spawned another 2 Shadow Phoenix. With 6 (4 unbound) I flew to the Fire Emitter camp. Here I crashed 5 Shadow Phoenix into the Healing building and 1 into the Fire Emitter, Destroying both buildings and killing enough units in the process for all 6 Shadow Phoenix to revive. I flew them back to safety and spawned 4 more (10 total). I used them to crash into the big wave. Unfortunately, it was too close to the Abomination camp. Normally, it is possible to fly below the camp and crash into the Abomination, and with little luck, kill/destroy most of the camp. I build my tier 3 and started pushing the egg at minute 7.47. I used my remaining Shadow Phoenix to crash into the Willzaper camp. Baiting its activation with 1, and crashing into it with the other 4. While this is happening, I spawned 3 Ashbone Pyro's to kill everything that remains till the Easter Tree. To get their, I used Nether Warp to dodge the Twilight Bombard attack, Frenetic Assault to kill the 2 Thornbarks and another Frenetic Assault to kill the 3 Spikeroots. All is happening while the Egg is pushed by the Eggforcer closer and closer to the Easter Tree. Arriving there in time to get a run of 10.25 minutes. 

Enjoy 🙂 

2023-04-15_11-19-31_CommunityMap1P_pve_the_easter_tree_diff3_s65287_GMDutchy_time_0_10_25.6_v260.pmv

How to watch the replay?

Spoiler

To watch the the replay, download above file and place it in Documents\BattleForge\replays. When successful, open the game and go to the Chronicals tab (left of the mini map) and go to replays. The first file is your autosave, and the second should be this run. Enjoy 🙂 

On 4/21/2023 at 6:06 PM, nukie said:

image.png

Congratulations to @Dutchy for winning the Easter Event Speedrun Challenge! 

All rewards will be sent on Monday, full rankings will be posted on Monday as well with the winners of the random draw!

Rewards already got sent out?