CCC #10 - Ashbone Pyro vs. Magma Hurler - UNTIL 12.03.2023

Kapo

Hello Skylords, Skyladies, and other Skybeings; Welcome to CCC #10 – the tenth Crappy Community Contest!

THE CONTEST HAS ENDED.
If you want to check out the winners, CLICK HERE. If you are just here to grab the code, there you go: CCCA-SHBO-NEHU-RLER

What are “Crappy Community Contests”?

CCC's are meant to be small-scale contests with weird challenges, hopefully luring you away from well-trodden paths. They are small-scale on the organizers side too: usually there will be no stream, video, or event announcing the winners. What's special about these contests is a participation prize for the whole Skylords community.

What, when, where, how?

Ashbone Pyro vs. Magma Hurler

AshHurler.jpg
Both strong and revered - but which of them is the stronger card?

This challenge is to win
the custom map "CCC#10 - Ash vs. Hurler"
on expert difficulty in the fastest time
under severe deck limitations.

In this challenge, you are sent to win a copy of the campaign map "Crusade", using either Ashbone Pyro OR Magma Hurlers to destroy your enemies. The map provides instant access to those units and enough energy to get going right from the start.

Additionally, to said units, you are allowed to use Regrowth in your deck to quickly heal up your army. So in total, you are only using Magma Hurler + Regrowth _OR_ Ashbone Pyro + Regrowth.

Ashbone and Hurler fill a very similar role with comparable orb requirements, and we will settle once and for all what's the card better fulfilling its role. As a special feature, the winner of this challenge will get the special honour of deciding if the Official Skylords Discord will get an Ashbone or Hurler emoticon (CLICK HERE) provided by the talented @Titan. The winner may decide freely, you don't need to use Hurler in your contest entry if you want to decide for Hurler.

How to enter:

Battleforge automatically saves a replay file of the last match you play, named autosave.pmv.  After playing the map, rename this file, so it doesn't get overwritten. You can find your replays here: Documents => Battleforge => replays.

The contest has started with the release of this post – submit your replay through Discord (DM to Kapo#0116) or the Skylords Forum (DM to @Kapo) until 12.03.2023 23:59 CET  (= 11 days time total). You can submit multiple times, but only your last entry will count. Please note that any submitted replays may be posted here in the forums.

To lessen my workload, please rename your replay to the following format: CCC10_<your-time>_<your-name>.pmv  (e.g. CCC10_5_11.23_Kapo.pmv)

How to access the map:

Spoiler

To access the map for the contest (or any community map), select the blue icon in the far lower right corner:

grafik.png.fe26f998b8c5ae6730e6608a741dde29.png.c88819d692e2144b72e535d58f636d60.png   

Select expert difficulty, search for  “CCC#10 - Ash vs. Hurler" and click continue - the map will download automatically. After the map has downloaded, you will find it in the top section of already downloaded maps.

image.png

What's the prize pool?

Since this is not just a crappy contest, but a Crappy Community Contest, you may help with your participation to earn a prize for the whole community. If we reach more than 25 participants (unique players, not entries), we will unlock a Mini-Booster code for the entire Skylords community. If more than 40 participants enter, the code will be upgraded to a Booster instead of a Mini-Booster. So tell your fellow Skylords to try this challenge – it's an occasion to try something completely new, and it raises our chances to hand out a code for everybody. 

Of course, the top ranking Skylords will get prizes too, sponsored by myself, the Community and the Skylords Reborn Team:

1st place               5 General Boosters + Promo Rogan Kayle + Discord Emoticon Choice (see above)
2nd place              4 General Boosters + Nether Warp (G) + Ashbone Pyro
3rd place              3 General Boosters + Spitfire + Sunderer + Magma Hurler (x2)
4th place              2 General Boosters + Frost Shard + War Eagle
5th place              1 General Booster + Frenetic Assault (P) 
6th place              Church of Negation + Nightshade Plant (P),
7th place              Stronghold + Deepcoil Worm 
8th place              Grim Bahir (G) + Banzai Lord (P)
9th place              Cluster Explosion (P) + Viridya
10th place            Wrathgazer + Shrine of Memory

For participation, there is a random chance to win one of the following cards out of a large pool:

Random Draws          5x1 General Booster, Infect, Amii Monument, Spitfire, Mine, Shrine of War, Shrine of Martyrs, Nightshade Plant (P), Lost Grigori (B), War Eagle, Brannoc Sunderer, Amok (P), Revenge, Nightguard (R), Soul Splicer (R), Mortar Tower, Gladiatrix (G), Crystal Fiend (B), Twilight Curse (R), Mark of the Keeper, Banzai Lord (P), Abomination (P), Abomination (B), Frenetic Assault (R), Lost Grigori (P), Lost Shade (P), Nightshade Plant (G), Shrine of Memory, Twilight Creeper (R), Core Dredge (R), Abyssal Warder (R), Mindweaver (x2), Tortugun (R), Twilight Warfare (P), Protectors Seal (TL) (x2), Rageflame (R), Amazon (G) (x2), Core Dredge (B), Wrathgazer, Volcano (R), Tranquility, Transcendence, Fathom Lord, Ice Guardian, Rocket Tower, 

Bonus Hurler: Every participant will receive one copy of Magma Hurler.

Newcomer Card Pool

If you are of Bronze or Silver Rank, you will additionally receive one guaranteed copy of Ensnaring Roots, and a random draw of some of the following cards:

Spoiler

Wrecker, Sun Reaver (R) x4, Nomad (G), Nomad (R), Banner of Glory, Unity (B), Eruption, Blaster Cannon (R), Fire Sphere, Fire Stalker, Forsaken, Executor (x2), Knight of Chaos (P) (x3), Knight of Chaos (B) (x3), Snapjaws (R), Lifestealer, Offering (G), Offering (B), Unholy Power (x3), Void Maw, Unstable Demon (x2), Necroblaster (P) (x2), Necroblaster (G) (x2), Unholy Hero, Second Chance (G), Juice Tank, Wardens Sigil (B) (x2), Infernal Chain (G) (x2), Silverwind Lancers, Cannon Tower, Retreating Circle, Northland Drake (B) (x3), Northland Drake (R), Frontier Keep (R), Armored Tower (x2), Construct, Mumbo Jumbo (R) (x2), Mumbo Jumbo (P), Fountain of Rebirth, Shaman, Mauler (x3), Spirit Hunters (G), Drones (x3), Curse of Oink, Equilibrium (G) (x4), Giant Wyrm, Equlibrium (B) (x2), Regrowth, Earth Crystal (x4), Dark Crystal

image.png

Sponsors

If one or more mighty Skylord(s) decides to sponsor this event, please contact me - community contest prizes are ment to be from the community, for the community. I would be more than happy to beef up or even expand the prize pool to more ranks, add additional random draws, add cards for newcomers, set special bounties or any other upgrades to the prize pool you can think of. 

The following prizes have been sponsored so far:

Skylords Team          General Boosters (x20), Community Booster Code
@Kapo                  Promo Rogan Kayle, Wrathgazer, Grim Bahir (G), Core Dredge (R), Abyssal Warder (R), Mindweaver, Tortugun (R), Twilight Warfare (P), Protectors Seal (TL), Rageflame (R)
@Dolewan            Amok (P), Revenge, Nightguard (R), Soul Splicer (R), Mortar Tower, Gladiatrix (G), Nightshade Plant (P) (x2), Crystal Fiend (B), Twilight Curse (R), Deepcoil Worm, Magma Hurler (x2)
@Trando               Infect, Frost Shard, Amii Monument, Nether Warp (G), Stronghold, Mark of the Keeper, Shrine of War, Shrine of Martyrs, Newcomer Ensnaring Roots
@Xanatoss            Mine, Deepcoil Worm
@THE_BIG_WET     Cluster Explosion (P), Church of Negation, Spitfire, War Eagle (x2), Banzai Lord (P) (x2), Brannoc, Sunderer (x2), Viridya, Abomination (P), Abomination (B), Ashbone Pyro (x2), Frenetic Assault (R), Lost Grigori (B), Lost Grigori (P), Lost Shade (P), Nightshade Plant (G), Shrine of Memory (x2), Twilight Creeper (R)
@T1421                Spitfire
@CrazyCockerell    Wrecker, Sun Reaver (R) x4, Nomad (G), Nomad (R), Banner of Glory, Unity (B), Eruption, Blaster Cannon (R), Fire Sphere, Fire Stalker, Forsaken, Executor (x2), Knight of Chaos (P) (x3), Knight of Chaos (B) (x3), Snapjaws (R), Lifestealer, Offering (G), Offering (B), Unholy Power (x3), Void Maw, Unstable Demon (x2), Necroblaster (P) (x2), Necroblaster (G) (x2), Unholy Hero, Second Chance (G), Juice Tank, Wardens Sigil (B) (x2), Infernal Chain (G) (x2), Silverwind Lancers, Cannon Tower, Retreating Circle, Northland Drake (B) (x3), Northland Drake (R), Frontier Keep (R), Armored Tower (x2), Construct, Mumbo Jumbo (R) (x2), Mumbo Jumbo (P), Fountain of Rebirth, Shaman, Mauler (x3), Spirit Hunters (G), Drones (x3), Curse of Oink, Equilibrium (G) (x4), Giant Wyrm, Equlibrium (B) (x2), Regrowth, Earth Crystal (x4), Dark Crystal, Amazon (G) (x2), 
@Hrdina_Imperia    One Magma Hurler for every participant! Also: Mindweaver, Core Dredge (B), Wrathgazer, Volcano (R), Tranquility, Transcendence, Fathom Lord, Ice Guardian, Rocket Tower, Protectors Seal (TL)

Thanks to the sponsors that support the contest! ❤️

Conclusion

I hope you have fun with this challenge, and I hope ... that Hurler wins ! 🔥

Kapo

Future Events – get involved!

If you are interested in helping with these (or better) kinds of events for the community, or want to host one yourself, don't be afraid and simply reach out! Contact our Event Manager @Metagross31, @Minashigo Hiko or @nukie on the forums or discord. They are happy to assist you with upcoming events and with sponsoring your prize pool!

If you especially like this small-scale-format, and you have an idea for it, you may also contact me directly to discuss your idea and host your own Crappy Community Contest.

Edited by Kapo
Majora, Ultralord, Kayrie and 8 others like this

• Kapo changed the title to CCC #10 - Ashbone Pyro vs. Magma Hurler - UNTIL 12.03.2022
  • Kapo pinned and featured this topic
1 minute ago, Hrdina_Imperia said:

Hype! I can offer every participant a Magma Hurler :3 

Also, just to be clear, my deck will only consist of Magma Hurlers and Regrowth, correct? 

yes, only those two. (or Ashbone and Regrowth)

I will add you to the list of sponsors 😃

Hrdina_Imperia and Metagross31 like this

1 minute ago, Kapo said:

can you write in detail what doesnt work? it doesnt load? do you get an error message?

It doesnt load normally, after downloading it nothing happens, and I have restart the game to see it in the list of maps on my disc.
After this when I start map, nothing happens at all, until I spawn T1 card.

Edited by Loriens

1 minute ago, Loriens said:

It doesnt load normally, after downloading it nothing happens, and I have restart the game to see it in the list of maps on my disc.
After this when I start map, nothing happens at all, until I spawn T1 card.

you should be able to play out one of the two contest cards (Hurler/Ashbone) right from the start. 

best idea I have is that you go into your map-folder and delete the map (CCC10_AshHurler.pak) and just try to re-download it, and see if it works then.

@Kubik any idea?

4 minutes ago, Kapo said:

you should be able to play out one of the two contest cards (Hurler/Ashbone) right from the start. 

best idea I have is that you go into your map-folder and delete the map (CCC10_AshHurler.pak) and just try to re-download it, and see if it works then.

@Kubik any idea?

Completely deleted it already and did every step again at least 2 times, nothing changed)

Edited by Loriens

9 minutes ago, Loriens said:

Completely deleted it already and did every step again at least 2 times, nothing changed)

all we can hope for is some technical support guy to arrive, since I'm unable to contribute / analyze anything whats going on 😞

Loriens likes this

8 hours ago, Kapo said:

@Kubik any idea?

Few ideas:

- Maybe another map with same name, but different file name? You can verify that by renaming the map folder and downloading just that one map.

- Try to share the map file with someone else, maybe some funny AV/Syncing service is replacing it

- Check logs

5 hours ago, itap said:

Can we use both affinities of Regrowth?

Regrowth has no affinity: skylords-reborn.fandom.com/wiki/Regrowth

Maybe you mixed it up with Equilibrium?

Edited by Kapo

I gave this event a few tries and wanted to give a few tips to players that are struggling and want to complete this event:

- Bring fully charged cards. This will make the event way smoother.
(If you do not have the charges, ask around. Players are very helpful!)
- Use up all your charges as soon as possible, so you get your next unit faster after recharge.
(After you use 12 of your units, they will go on a 50 second cooldown. Try to spawn one as soon as they are available)
- Build the walls to delay the final wave.
- The final wave triggers when the last unit/building in the camps is killed.
(you can delay killing the last unit/building until you are comfortable with your defense around Rogan)
- A few units to watch out for: XL units, Vilebloods, Whisperers. 
- Use power wells to heal up your units. Charges of Regrowth will likely be needed when the final waves attack. 
- On harder camps, you can try to pull out some of the units to avoid getting hit by everything at once. 
(To achieve this, walk towards the enemy units. When they start to move, walk back a bit. Do not walk too far as they will go back to the camp again)

Maybe this is helpful to some of you. 

it is a really fun challenge/puzzle. Great job @Kapo

Garria, Kapo, nukie and 4 others like this

15 minutes ago, Bonobobobo said:

Also, there's a little mistake in the date in the title (it says 12.03.22 instead of 12.03.23)

Thanks, that's what happens if you use copy&paste without thinking 😃

• Kapo changed the title to CCC #10 - Ashbone Pyro vs. Magma Hurler - UNTIL 12.03.2023
On 3/9/2023 at 4:26 PM, Kapo said:

🔔 Hear, hear! 🔔

It's time for a reveal - the following Discord emoticons are the choices for the winner of the contest:

ashbone_L.png   ashbone_M.png   ashbone_S.png          hurler_L.png   hurler_M.png   hurler_S.png

Special thanks to @Titan for creating these, and may the winner chose wisely!

To be fair, as a Magma Hurler supremacist I gotta admit, both are really great. May the best choice win!

I just sent out the Newcomer Card Pool, the Random Draws and the Bonus Hurler to everybody.

I'm waiting 24-48 hours for the ranked prizes, in case something went wrong - then I'll sent them out too.

Hope you guys enjoy the cards 😃

Also, the Magma Hurler Emoticon has already been added to the Discord Server 🔥

Botticelli and Metagross31 like this

• Kapo unpinned and unfeatured this topic