PvP Tournament - Skylords Reborn Championship #2 (Sunday March 5th)

RadicalX

Hello fellow Skyladies and Skylords!

It is time to get another PvP tournament rolling! Who are the strongest players out there? Who prepared some fancy tricks on the new patch? We will find out! Any player is very welcome to join, regardless of your skill level! 

tourney NSP.jpg

tourney line.png

Tournament Date and Stream

On Sunday 5th March starting at 14:00 p.m. CEST (Berlin time). 

A live stream covering the tournament will take place on my twitch.tv channel https://www.twitch.tv/radicalx5. Streaming will start around 13:30 p.m. CEST (Berlin time). I will use the stream to communicate with the players, so be sure to join the stream to be notified of last minute updates. Everyone is welcome to hang out and watch the action as well!

The tournament brackets will be on challonge, so register and join the tournament there using the button below. Deadline will be the start of the tournament, but please sign-up in advance if possible! Reply in this thread if you have questions, I will answer them as soon as possible.

tourney sign up.png

Use your Battleforge name for the tournament. If your Challonge account differs from your Battleforge account name, use the "Sign up with an alternate name" feature or change your name for the tournament in the settings. Finding your opponent will be a LOT easier this way.

Format

The tournament will be played as a 1on1, Best of 3, double elimination tournament, meaning if you lose a set, you move to the lower bracket and can still make the finals! Grand finals will be bo5, no bracket reset, but game 1 map choice for the player coming from the winnerbracket.

Prize Pool

I tried to place rewards so that almost every series matters, regardless whether you are playing losers bracket R1 or grand finals! The total price pool will roughly range from 40.000 bfp up to 75.000 bfp. The more players join, the more prices will be headed out. Big shoutouts to MadDoggo and MrDanilov, who helped making this possible with massive donations. 

1) Every participant will win one random card, which is at least rare! With some luck you might even catch something bigger! 

2) Every player, who wins at least a single bo3, will earn 3 boosters!* 

3) Furthermore there will be random draws for a Promo Fallen Skyelf on top of that. Even if you lose in both rounds you will be eligible for the reward as long as you played your matches. 

4) The following winner prizes will be added on top of the previously listed ones. 

Rank 1 - 7 Boosters + Promo Construct

Rank 2  - 6 Boosters + Infect

Rank 3 - 5 Boosters 

Rank 4 (Locked until we hit 8 players) - 4 Boosters

Rank 5-8  (Locked until we hit 16 players) - 3 Boosters

Rank 9-12 (Locked until we hit 24 players) - 2 Booster

Rank 13-16 (Locked until we hit 32 players) - 1 Booster

5) The audience reward: You can join some competition even without actively playing. There will be some quizzes during the stream and you can earn some big prices there from a 10.000 bfp pool. 

*Blessing in disguise: If you end up being matched with one of the 2 highest rated (base elo) players in round 1, just playing all of your games will also make you eligible for the 3 Boosters. 

Rules (read this if you want to participate!)

Disconnection during a game results in a default loss. If both sides agree, it is possible to have a remake.

• Not showing up to your match after 15 minutes results in a default loss. The plan is to play a round of matches every ~30 mins.

• After your match, go to Challonge and insert the result. That is done by clicking on your match and selecting the winner/stats. The brackets will be updated automatically.

• The Map Pool is: Haladur, Simai, Elyon, Lajesh, Uro, Yrmia and Wazhai (beware as this not the same pool as in ranked duel!).

• The first map to play on will be decided by the players alternately banning maps (grand finals are an exception with G1 mapchoice for the winnerbracket player). The first player to ban is decided at random (use the /roll function).

• After that it is the loser's choice

• The winning player (who won the previous match in the bo3) also has to lock in his deck first.

• The brackets for the tournament will be shuffled before the tournament starts!

Looking forward to a lot of sign ups and an awesome tournament!

Best regards,

RadicalX

Xanatoss, nukie, Volin and 8 others like this

• Majora featured this topic

Что мне делать? логин из игры был недоступен, зарегистрировался под другим именем, потом зарегистрировался на турнир, и поменял через профиль на другой, но в турнирной таблице остался тот, который был зарегистрирован изначально, имя важно в турнире?

2 hours ago, KeyNeR said:

Что мне делать? логин из игры был недоступен, зарегистрировался под другим именем, потом зарегистрировался на турнир, и поменял через профиль на другой, но в турнирной таблице остался тот, который был зарегистрирован изначально, имя важно в турнире?

Please communicate in English, or use a translator like Deepl to do so. 

11 hours ago, Majora said:

Пожалуйста, общайтесь на английском языке или используйте для этого переводчик, такой как Deepl. 

What should I do? the login from the game was unavailable, registered under a different name, then registered at the tournament, and changed through the profile to another one, but the one that was registered remained in the standings, is the name important in the tournament?

13 hours ago, KeyNeR said:

What should I do? the login from the game was unavailable, registered under a different name, then registered at the tournament, and changed through the profile to another one, but the one that was registered remained in the standings, is the name important in the tournament?

Your ingame name and name on challonge should be the same, so your opponents will be able to find you. 

You can change your name in Challonge. You sign up with your account, and then there is the option to sign up under a different name, as can be seen here: 

image.png

I registered as Majora_Battleforge (My challonge name), then adjusted it to Majora.
Dont forget to hit save, or it wont update. You can also do this after you are already registered to the tournament. 

Metagross31 likes this

7 hours ago, Majora said:

Ваше игровое имя и имя на челлонге должны совпадать, чтобы ваши противники могли вас найти. 

Вы можете изменить свое имя в Challonge. Вы регистрируетесь со своей учетной записью, а затем есть возможность зарегистрироваться под другим именем, как показано здесь: 

изображение.png

Я зарегистрировался как Majora_Battleforge (мое имя challonge), а затем изменил его на Majora.
Не забудьте нажать «Сохранить», иначе не будет обновлений. Вы также можете сделать это после того, как уже зарегистрировались на турнир. 

I explained that initially it didn’t allow me to create an account on the site, I did it under a different name, I registered for the tournament as Dikleyz, the name is KeyNeR in the game, and on the site I made KeyNeR_Battleforge, is that enough? It won't let me just put KeyNeR

23 hours ago, KeyNeR said:

I explained that initially it didn’t allow me to create an account on the site, I did it under a different name, I registered for the tournament as Dikleyz, the name is KeyNeR in the game, and on the site I made KeyNeR_Battleforge, is that enough? It won't let me just put KeyNeR

No clue why it wont let you change it to KeyNer, but I suppose KeyNer_Battleforge will be clear enough, to make sure you dont run into any problems, just contact your opponent the moment the brackets are updated 🙂 And be sure to be present in the stream for announcements. 

Please note im not hosting this tournament, @RadicalX is, but this is how we previously did it with Challonge. 

RadicalX likes this

• Majora unpinned and unfeatured this topic