All-time fastest speedrun rankings

MephistoRoss

On 12/1/2018 at 11:35 AM, Pritstift said:

Hello MephistoRoss,

in the last days i was able to finish Behind Enemy Lines Expert a bit faster than you in past. Time is 12:16. Is it possible to count this run time for all-time rankings?

For now i dont want to share the replay because i want to keep up the "real" competition for this map. All i can offer are the following two screenshots (see attached). Treim also checked the replay and can confirm that this was a valid and complete run. What do you think about this?

Sorry for the late response, but I first wanted to see how the development is going on the speedrun rankings. And since it is going very well, the all-time rankings will be continued once the server leaderboards are up and running again to avoid any discussion about possible cheaters/fakers or having to share replays with other people.

Nice job with finishing Behind enemy lines below 12 minutes, I am sure that you are able to do it again once the rankings are working. I also did some improvements on other maps btw, so I hope we can get the Battleforge speedrunning scene back to life soon and have a nice competition.

4 hours ago, MephistoRoss said:

Sorry for the late response, but I first wanted to see how the development is going on the speedrun rankings. And since it is going very well, the all-time rankings will be continued once the server leaderboards are up and running again to avoid any discussion about possible cheaters/fakers or having to share replays with other people.

Nice job with finishing Behind enemy lines below 12 minutes, I am sure that you are able to do it again once the rankings are working. I also did some improvements on other maps btw, so I hope we can get the Battleforge speedrunning scene back to life soon and have a nice competition.

Good to hear that we will have rankings back soon. I still will support the speedrun scene but i think i will mainly focus to improve one player maps and rpve motm. Two player and four player maps are mainly based on a strategy with feeding. I recognized that strategies that include mainly feeding are boring for me and less fun. Its more fun to try some fast tactics without feeding on 2 and 4-player maps. So every player has a specific task/strategy and you need to play much more efficient. Also there will be more different ways to finish the maps fast. But until now to get the fastest times in 2player/4player rankings - feeding is required.

Would be nice to have a separate list with times that were performed without the use of decomposer (for sure amii monu and enlightenment could be also a criteria).

Instead of just seeing the deck every player has used it could be also interesting to see the timings of the players  e.g. time required to get T2/T3/T4. This may could revive the pve speedrun competition for existing maps.

• 5 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 10:02 PM, MephistoRoss said:

I think it is time to update the all time Rankings again :-) ?

In January new all time records were created  - old records were beaten - competition is going on. I think this is really good after a long long time without any speedruns.

I know there are still some small problems with ingame time. But i dont think this is a big problem because the showed times in the rankings are slightly slower (and not faster) compared to the time of the recorded replay?!

Edited by Pritstift

On 2/1/2019 at 1:52 AM, Pritstift said:

I think it is time to update the all time Rankings again :-) ?

In January new all time records were created  - old records were beaten - competition is going on. I think this is really good after a long long time without any speedruns.

I know there are still some small problems with ingame time. But i dont think this is a big problem because the showed times in the rankings are slightly slower (and not faster) compared to the time of the recorded replay?!

Agreed, I will update them this weekend and I will try to keep it updated (just pm me on the forum/discord when you did a new record).

I hope we can add a feature to save/see the all-time rankings in-game also in the future.

Thanks  =)
Yes, it's possible, Im aboslutely sure about this. I lost some seconds due to misclicks and reaction.
Also Idk which strat is used by  other players because didnt see any replays of this map. So mb it could be done more easier.
Main idea is to reach key point ("Soultree is near") as soon as you can. Next part of the map doesnt matter.

Edited by Loriens
Navarr and Eudoxos like this

Also this motm is super easy and we've already made 12:20 on the third try on 4 player map. And I guess many other records will be set in rpve this month.

Edited by ahha

3 hours ago, Kubik said:

:thinking: why you posting it here? you can see your results in game.

Ingame is nice but we miss the old and still valid all time records for some maps ingame. In consequence the list of mephisto is still nice to have and to be updated. Also we show to the community that pve speedruns are not dead.

wanky likes this

Saw the replay on Youtube, nice execution and thanks for sharing.

Didn't think of spawning Shadow Pheonix to help clear the frozen wave and get the early void back, I tried double stone of torment instead lol.

What do you think of pulling away one squad of defenders some seconds earlier towards the soul tree (since the target they are shooting at will die to SP)? Could maybe use them to aggro the Stone Aggressor into position for the Shadow Phonixes, so they can dive insantly. 

Just a thought, good luck getting that 9:39 :)