All-time fastest speedrun rankings

MephistoRoss

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Maybe I miss something, but what is the point of these ranking without replays ?

I mean its great showing off a time like that ,congratz but the community wont benefit anything from it

Everything is kept as a secret when asking around, nothing to learn from

There is no actual reward attached to the ranks like BFP or money, so i ask why ?

Kind of selfish imo

3 hours ago, Rankerz said:

Maybe I miss something, but what is the point of these ranking without replays ?

I mean its great showing off a time like that ,congratz but the community wont benefit anything from it

There is no actual reward attached to the ranks like BFP or money, so i ask why ?

Kind of selfish imo

I am totally bored to answer this again and again - if you would invest a bit of your time you could have checked the pages here before where this was discussed several times - so kind of selfish from your side to attack us here again without checking evten what was written here before. 

We have no contract or obligations to show our tactis to the community - there are rankings and we try to run for the best time because this our spirit! There are some teams and also sometimes some new that are willing to develop own and unique tactics. 

Guys like you come here and want to have everything for free - you come here with even no speedrun experience and try to force us to show our replays/tactics we have developed with much work. 

The result of sharing our replays and powerful tactics are braindead copy runs that in most cases are wrong played because the players that copy are even dont understand what is going on. I saw so much bad things in streams for skylords reborn the last weeks - in the streams they called it speedrun but it was just cheap, silly and braindead copy play - just used to farm gold and exp but no real speedrun spirit behind it. Beeing Overlord in PVE but playing still like a beginner. I will not support this. 

Edited by Pritstift
Dallarian likes this

24 minutes ago, Pritstift said:

I am totally bored to answer this again and again - if you would invest a bit of your time you could have checked the pages here before where this was discussed several times - so kind of selfish from your side to attack us here again without checking evten what was written here before. 

We have no contract or obligations to show our tactis to the community - there are rankings and we try to run for the best time because this our spirit! There are some teams and also sometimes some new that are willing to develop own and unique tactics. 

Guys like you come here and want to have everything for free - you come here with even no speedrun experience and try to force us to show our replays/tactics we have developed with much work. 

The result of sharing our replays and powerful tactics are braindead copy runs that in most cases are wrong played because the players that copy are even dont understand what is going on. I saw so much bad things in streams for skylords reborn the last weeks - in the streams they called it speedrun but it was just cheap, silly and braindead copy play - just used to farm gold and exp but no real speedrun spirit behind it. Beeing Overlord in PVE but playing still like a beginner. I will not support this. 

Alright, whatever floats your boat.

If you think 99% players are that bad that cannot even execute the strategy, there is really no reason to fear the competition of your time

I mean most of us happy even to clear an expert map 

Maybe you should use your 'super knowledge' to help the small community to improve other than showing us cool numbers as ego boost or pee pee measure contest

But hey, if it makes you happy to keep it as secret of 4 people its on you

And I can also bring in here the point of view of those who are trying hard to follow the spirit of the speedrunners without really contributing creatively to this scene.
Many many of these tactics can be found, be it here in the forum, on YouTube or through personal contacts. However, as Radical said, it is necessary to look deeper into the subject. I guess that many small details of such runs are simply not understood by a large part of the players.

Especially knowledge on the subject of BG speedruns is available without end - he who seeks finds, sources see above.
And if I think of Treim's speedrun gallery, or the wonderfully commented alltime BG speedruns by @Lebovin on Youtube, just to name a few examples, then you really can't complain that people don't share them there. And if someone has put a lot of work into a completely new tactic on a map, no one can hold it against him if he first lets the other teams puzzle over how this new record came about again.

I'm a slow learner and not a bit creative, but there is more than enough knowledge online, with which you can work your way very close to the top - provided you have the will to practice a lot.

I can also understand that not everyone enjoys this style of play - of course! But then please don't complain.

partly translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Edited by Volin
Pritstift and Sheepmonster like this

3 minutes ago, Rankerz said:

If you think 99% players are that bad that cannot even execute the strategy, there is really no reason to fear the competition of your time

Maybe you should use your 'super knowledge' to help the small community to improve other than showing us cool numbers as ego boost or pee pee measure contest

Speedruns are like sport, and there is nothing shameful in aiming at best speedrun times. Those players are very top PvE players on the server, who have excellent mechanics and map understanding.

The community may be small, but apparently is large enough. Otherwise, you would know about Youtube channel Skylords Reborn Speedrun Community, where there is speedrunner's content, including speedrun guides and commentaries on some maps. Speedrunners also are engaged in many activities around the project, including balance discussions and teaching other players, for example on Skylords Tutors & Apprentices. There are more such examples.

I see you lack a lot of knowledge to have this discussion at first place. Please abstain from insulting one of most valueble group of people across the server.

They have right to keep their exact orders of actions in secret and there is nothing wrong at that.

Pritstift and wanky like this

16 minutes ago, Rankerz said:

I dont know what is wrong with guys like you - i think guys like you are just pissed of that you dont have good mates to play with and develop own speedrun-tactics. All you can is attack us here and state that we are fearing the competition - these are empty words that just try to force a senceless discussion here. And just for your information - there are not just 4 speedruners - our team is just the most active one and we had nice competition in the last months with other teams.

I hope there is another pve community challenge - you can take part and show us how good you are ;-). Replays will be also shared after.

For players that are talk in a normal way with us we also offering support for pve expert maps - for players like you am not even willing to give an answer.

wanky likes this

Simply as information for the non-speedrunners.
For each map we invest several months / weeks every evening many hours of work to come to a good and fast tactics with many small details that are all extremely important.

Imagine you are in school and have math.
The teacher sets a math problem which takes several hours to come to the solution.  But at the same time gives the solution. 
Now you just write the solution below after the =. 
Now you have written down the solution but the whole way to the solution you have not considered and do not understand it. If now a new task comes WITHOUT the solution, you would maby only come to the solution after several hours of work, but perhaps not at all. 

As a single example NachtwolfYT has started with "speedruns". At the beginning just copied the Bad harvest run from Youtube with the knowledge of the Aura + Fallen skyelf + Ravenhart. He answered some questions from the community and viewers on his Twitch channel. I myself am an active twitch viewer and have followed this and pointed out to him several times that some answers were completely wrong. This happened only because he simply copied that and did not understand why and why that happens so. In the meantime he learned a lot and now understands better why action X has an effect on reacton Y and got better with his own playstyle and could also improve his own speedrun time (at Bad harvest to under 3 minutes).
To achieve this, he has played many evenings for several hours only Bad harvest (a reason for this were certainly the 4k gold that is given after each completed run).
All the time he needed to understand the map slowly little by little. 
Now there are 25 other maps that you have to understand, and be sure, Bad harvest is one of the easier speedrun maps. 

If you are satisfied @Rankerz our speedrun group has already talked together to show effective fast tactics for maps on our youtubechannel (Skylords Reborn Speedrun Community) In these replays we will also add explanations why to do this and what effects it can have.

I ask everyone else to understand our philosophy that we will NOT share the fastest tactics because of all the work we put into every single detail.

/wanky

Edited by wanky
Volin likes this

22 hours ago, Rankerz said:

Kind of selfish imo

Just a bad old tradition.
In every other game there is no problem when speedrunners share their knowledge with others.

Edited by Loriens

How about including a replay ingame for the best player? On some maps I'd realy wish to know how they did their runs...

Would be nice if you include an auto replay safe for the best player each month or only the best player All-Time. It's frustrating when you think you did a perfect run and someone comes and beats it by 5 seconds ;(

2 hours ago, GevatterTODdy said:

How about including a replay ingame for the best player? On some maps I'd realy wish to know how they did their runs...

Would be nice if you include an auto replay safe for the best player each month or only the best player All-Time. It's frustrating when you think you did a perfect run and someone comes and beats it by 5 seconds ;(

Yeah true, also add the deck and the home address of the player, so you can come and take something else, because you know.. it's frustrating you don't have it.

Sheepmonster likes this

On 1/9/2021 at 6:13 PM, wanky said:

Simply as information for the non-speedrunners.
For each map we invest several months / weeks every evening many hours of work to come to a good and fast tactics with many small details that are all extremely important.

Imagine you are in school and have math.
The teacher sets a math problem which takes several hours to come to the solution.  But at the same time gives the solution. 
Now you just write the solution below after the =. 
Now you have written down the solution but the whole way to the solution you have not considered and do not understand it. If now a new task comes WITHOUT the solution, you would maby only come to the solution after several hours of work, but perhaps not at all. 

As a single example NachtwolfYT has started with "speedruns". At the beginning just copied the Bad harvest run from Youtube with the knowledge of the Aura + Fallen skyelf + Ravenhart. He answered some questions from the community and viewers on his Twitch channel. I myself am an active twitch viewer and have followed this and pointed out to him several times that some answers were completely wrong. This happened only because he simply copied that and did not understand why and why that happens so. In the meantime he learned a lot and now understands better why action X has an effect on reacton Y and got better with his own playstyle and could also improve his own speedrun time (at Bad harvest to under 3 minutes).
To achieve this, he has played many evenings for several hours only Bad harvest (a reason for this were certainly the 4k gold that is given after each completed run).
All the time he needed to understand the map slowly little by little. 
Now there are 25 other maps that you have to understand, and be sure, Bad harvest is one of the easier speedrun maps. 

If you are satisfied @Rankerz our speedrun group has already talked together to show effective fast tactics for maps on our youtubechannel (Skylords Reborn Speedrun Community) In these replays we will also add explanations why to do this and what effects it can have.

I ask everyone else to understand our philosophy that we will NOT share the fastest tactics because of all the work we put into every single detail.

/wanky

I feel like you need to turn this comment into a whole thread on the forum because many non-speedrunners fail to realise that you can't just reach the top without any knowledge. I myself can admit that I lack some knowledge of the game( both map-wise and card-wise) but I atleast have basic idea of how most maps can be done on expert and that knowledge I gained mainly by the simple "trial and error" technique to find MY style of deck for the map I am trying to complete. I strongly support speedrunning though, because I have seen what it looks like, I have experienced certain speedruns, I have participated in test runs where the actual speedrunners brainstorm their strategy and openly discuss it with the rest of the participants. And if there is any way that I can help a speedrunner do a noteworthy time on a certain map, then I would do my best. As for sharing strategies/replays, since the strategies for the runs that I participated in are not mine and because the actual creators of the strategies don't want any information to be leaked then I do not intend to share how we did the runs. You better belive me when I say it, everything in this game is possible as long as you invest a lot of quality time in the game. But to the people who still want to talk trash about speedrunners, I DARE YOU to be as knowledgeable and skilled as true speedrunners are. They are allowed to write these tons of paragraphs right know because they have already spent a lot of time ingame and EVEN NOW they keep perfecting their strategies while you sit here whining that speedrunners are so secretive. How about you sit your ass down and try to learn how the game works all by yourself.

13 minutes ago, DieToPlay said:

Yeah true, also add the deck and the home address of the player, so you can come and take something else, because you know.. it's frustrating you don't have it.

Couldn't have said it better myself, mate!

wanky likes this

• Zyna unpinned and locked this topic