All-time fastest speedrun rankings

MephistoRoss

12 hours ago, Pritstift said:

Hello guys - even with the risk that there will be again an emotional discussion i have to ask again for the bug Halis found out. May this time i will ask in another way...i want to concentrate on the bug itself or bugs in general and not on Halis.

What we know:

There is a bug Halis found out and this bug will give you an advantage in some way to finish the map faster. Also the devs are informed about this bug and they informed that they will try to fix this bug. So now there is my question : How we handle pve speedrun times that we performed by using this bug after the bug was fixed by the devs? And for sure we will not know if the bug was used before.

But i can happen that because of using exactly this bug the time gets pushed in such a way that you will not be able to beat this time after the bug is fixed. E.g. you can say would be like all the times that were done with bloodhorn stampede bug are still in the all-time-rankings - there would be no chance to beat this times. This not just counts for the Halis bug - also for other bugs that are may fixed in future.  So in extreme case there needs to be a neutral person that can check the replay and decide if its still valid or not?

What is your factual opinion about this ? @ all pve-speedrunners

You should view this bigger than just the bug Halis used. A lot of things might or might not change in the future, we just don't know atm. Maybe nothing will get changed. Maybe in the future amii monument will be nerfed, maybe decomposer will only be able to decompose own units, maybe treasure fleet will be fixed so you can't let wagons  start leaving faster or maybe porting through gates will be stopped. All these things can have big impact on speedrunning of one or more maps which will never make anyone able to do new records. Halis bug is just one example that might or might not be changed in the future. I don't see why it should be treated any differently.

Imo, the only way to deal with this and to still keep competition in the all-time rankings is to evaluate each patch to see what the impact is. If the impact affect speedrunning on several maps than the whole rankings should be archived and started all over. If it just impacts one map (because just the map got changed) just the rankings of that map should be archived and started over.

With archived, I mean keep a frozen list of the (old) rankings which will never be changed again. So the best time at that point in time will still have credit. Of course it should also be mentioned until which date the rankings was active and what got changed for the rankings to become archived.

In the past the bloodhorn stampede fix, the second chance fix and the furnace + embalmer fix would all have been examples of when the rankings should be archived and started over again.

Navarr, Treim and Halis like this

21 hours ago, MephistoRoss said:

You should view this bigger than just the bug Halis used. A lot of things might or might not change in the future, we just don't know atm. Maybe nothing will get changed. Maybe in the future amii monument will be nerfed, maybe decomposer will only be able to decompose own units, maybe treasure fleet will be fixed so you can't let wagons  start leaving faster or maybe porting through gates will be stopped. All these things can have big impact on speedrunning of one or more maps which will never make anyone able to do new records. Halis bug is just one example that might or might not be changed in the future. I don't see why it should be treated any differently. 

Imo, the only way to deal with this and to still keep competition in the all-time rankings is to evaluate each patch to see what the impact is. If the impact affect speedrunning on several maps than the whole rankings should be archived and started all over. If it just impacts one map (because just the map got changed) just the rankings of that map should be archived and started over.

With archived, I mean keep a frozen list of the (old) rankings which will never be changed again. So the best time at that point in time will still have credit. Of course it should also be mentioned until which date the rankings was active and what got changed for the rankings to become archived.

In the past the bloodhorn stampede fix, the second chance fix and the furnace + embalmer fix would all have been examples of when the rankings should be archived and started over again.

I am same opinion like you. We need to adjust the rankings according to the changes that may will applied. It also makes sence to have a separate list with the old all time timings until the changes were applied. The bug of Halis was just the example - like i stated this also counting for other bugs.

But still bugs that give you free energy or you can spawn units for free or kill sth. that should not be killed with this ability is for me a bigger problem than do have an slightly overpowered amii-monument, nightguard that can take t2 units ...you still need the tactic to come to this point to use this cards/tactics and you are still not allowed to waste energy and you still have to be very effective the whole time because you are limited in energy vs. time.

Update speedruns:

blight solo 34.12.4

drawen riddle solo 15.37.9

Edited by Pritstift
Loriens likes this

59 minutes ago, Halis said:

Looks like ducarev made it today in even less time (7:23.5) :D

Oh i am sooooooooooooo shocked :ohno: We waiting to c an exiting replay for the community to learn from!  Oh wait :jorne:- maybe its not just me who is not willing to share a replay to the community :thinking:?! Please keep us updated:hypetrain:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Zyna unpinned and locked this topic