All-time fastest speedrun rankings

MephistoRoss

4 hours ago, Kubik said:

you have all current history in the game client.

There are times, where I had to write "Does not appear in the 10 pages of the rankings" or "possible better times of MONTH are not included". I went until the end of the 10 pages and could not find a single game with the matching amout of players. I think, it would be a nice feature for the speedrunners.

Loriens likes this

5 hours ago, Loriens said:

Something like this.
There is a lot of place there for this.
1111.png.f15cad06e9841da20184dd09a186c5b0.png

This simple change can attract a lot of players in PvE competitions (and in game eventually)
Also set as default 2players for 2p maps and 4players for 4p maps.

For 4 player maps I think '4 players' should be 'all', so if you are faster with 3 players it is also included in this list (so you have the full list).

For 2 player maps the same.

Loriens likes this

38 minutes ago, Kubik said:

:thinking: one detail to solve what if player disconnect "sometime" during the match?

A disconnected player should still count as a player imo. So if 4 people start a map and two players disconnect, it should still be counted as 4 players (else it could be easy to cheat by letting others disconnect just before the end).

Halis and Loriens like this

8 hours ago, MephistoRoss said:

A disconnected player should still count as a player imo. So if 4 people start a map and two players disconnect, it should still be counted as 4 players (else it could be easy to cheat by letting others disconnect just before the end).

Updated times for Empire (with 3 Player) and Guns of Lyr (with 2-Player) and added times for Battlegrounds

@MephistoRoss@Kubik For the Blight you can see, that there is actually a case of a disconnected player. I guess, almost every speedrunner will agree with Mepistos opinion. Already the free monument from the disconnected player is a huge advantage.

@Kubik I do not know, if I should count the Solo in 2-Player Battlegrounds time, since I used a bug. (I am not sure if it is a bug. Could be also intended from the old devs.) I know in almost every map speedrunner are using bugs like taking energy wells through walls (The Darwen Riddle) or triggering an later state of the game before finishing the current mission (Guns of Lyr) and even using the decomposer to transfering energy form one player to another player is already a bug, but used in almost every multiplayer speedrun. (The description of the decomposer explicitly says "decompose an own unit"). But for some reason, some players blamed me for bug abusing, when I used the bug (if it is actually a bug), so I want to know it. Is it now ok, to use bugs to archive better times or is it against rule "13. Game client and bug abuse"?

Loriens likes this

4 hours ago, Halis said:

I do not know, if I should count the Solo in 2-Player Battlegrounds time, since I used a bug. (I am not sure if it is a bug. Could be also intended from the old devs.) I know in almost every map speedrunner are using bugs like taking energy wells through walls (The Darwen Riddle) or triggering an later state of the game before finishing the current mission (Guns of Lyr) and even using the decomposer to transfering energy form one player to another player is already a bug, but used in almost every multiplayer speedrun. (The description of the decomposer explicitly says "decompose an own unit"). But for some reason, some players blamed me for bug abusing, when I used the bug (if it is actually a bug), so I want to know it. Is it now ok, to use bugs to archive better times or is it against rule "13. Game client and bug abuse"?

The rule against bug abuse is intended for situations like when there was a bug in the AH where the seller would get the card (and the bfp) back instead of the buyer. There were some people actively abusing this bug to scam other players. The rule is not meant against ingame-bug-abuse for bugs that were also existing in the old 'EA' Battleforge. Like you mentioned yourself, there are already a lot of bugs that speedrunners use to complete maps and imo this is part of the speedrunning-game. So if it is an ingame-bug that was also possible in the old Battleforge, than it should be counted. 

Halis likes this

13 hours ago, MephistoRoss said:

The rule against bug abuse is intended for situations like when there was a bug in the AH where the seller would get the card (and the bfp) back instead of the buyer. There were some people actively abusing this bug to scam other players. The rule is not meant against ingame-bug-abuse for bugs that were also existing in the old 'EA' Battleforge. Like you mentioned yourself, there are already a lot of bugs that speedrunners use to complete maps and imo this is part of the speedrunning-game. So if it is an ingame-bug that was also possible in the old Battleforge, than it should be counted. 

Updated times for 2-Player King of the Giants and Guns of Lyr

@MephistoRossDo the other Admins share that view? I did not used that bug since back then, because I was not sure

2 hours ago, Halis said:

Updated times for 2-Player King of the Giants and Guns of Lyr

@MephistoRossDo the other Admins share that view? I did not used that bug since back then, because I was not sure 

You are a shame for the speedrun community?  Officialy asking for green light to use your bug always? Ask yourself how you could finish rpve motm 2 player map (march) alone with this bug and in such a way that you were much faster than Treim or any other experienced rpve-player ever could do without using the bug....this should be answer enough or not? . This is all i have to say from my side to this hypocritical question. Anyway i dont have to decide this...

Edited by Pritstift

13 hours ago, Halis said:

We havent discussed this.

12 hours ago, Pritstift said:

You are a shame for the speedrun community?  Officialy asking for green light to use your bug always? Ask yourself how you could finish rpve motm 2 player map (march) alone with this bug and in such a way that you were much faster than Treim or any other experienced rpve-player ever could do without using the bug....this should be answer enough or not? . This is all i have to say from my side to this hypocritical question. Anyway i dont have to decide this...

Please help me understand, why is it any different than killing a goldwagon in Treasure Fleet to let the next one leave faster? Or when everyone in RPvE used the second chance bug to get an almost instant t4 army? Using this bug also will let you finish way faster than any experienced player who doesnt use the bug.

Speedrunners in all games always used these 'glitches' to finish a game really fast, so why would we treat them any different? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speedrun

Navarr likes this

13 hours ago, Pritstift said:

You are a shame for the speedrun community?

@PritstiftI read your comment before it was edited and it really hurt me

Officialy asking for green light to use your bug always?

@Pritstift@MephistoRossDannyxx also known as DieToPlay, a known Speedrunner, got permanently banned in the beginning of the stress test, because he violated the rules. The rules clearly say "The usage of any bugs within any in-game content to any unintended benefit to any user in the game is forbidden and will result in bans." Using bugs/glitches is common for speedrunning as @MephistoRoss mentioned above and also used in Battleforge in 99% of the speedruns. So what is wrong in asking for green light?

Ask yourself how you could finish rpve motm 2 player map (march) alone with this bug and in such a way that you were much faster than Treim or any other experienced rpve-player ever could do without using the bug....this should be answer enough or not? .

As I can see in the rankings, that not many players played the 2-Player motm rpve last month. There is also no Solo 2-Player motm rpve of @Treim and afaik he did not liked the map. So I guess, he just did not even tried it. I am pretty sure, if he would have tried, he would have archived a similar time or even a better time. I dont think, that my time was really extraordinary. Even @Loriens and @ducarev (Rank 1 last month) said, that they could have made 14:xx with their strategy.

Now I am asking you: Would be your Solo run 16:9.1 in Titans possible without using all the bugs? Here are the bugs, you used:
Using Nightguard to take over a 3 orb unit (The description of the Nightguard says "Restricted to 2 orb creatures with a maximum of 150 power costs."):

Fathom Lord (3 Orb Unit):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaCIwuObrr8&t=78

Swamp Drake (3 Orb Unit):

https://youtu.be/yaCIwuObrr8?t=142

Using the bug with the Gate Switcher to get ground presence:

https://youtu.be/yaCIwuObrr8?t=793

Not even sorry for calling this out. Prit is just mad because he don't seem to know the bug Halis used (?!)

Edit: Also calling someone a shame for the pve community while doing everything they can to restrict the accessibility of speedruns to a broader range of players and calling him a hypocrit in the same time while doing this hypocritical statement is really sad.

Edited by Navarr
Kubik and Halis like this

6 hours ago, MephistoRoss said:

We havent discussed this.

Please help me understand, why is it any different than killing a goldwagon in Treasure Fleet to let the next one leave faster? Or when everyone in RPvE used the second chance bug to get an almost instant t4 army? Using this bug also will let you finish way faster than any experienced player who doesnt use the bug.

Speedrunners in all games always used these 'glitches' to finish a game really fast, so why would we treat them any different? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speedrun

It depends how strong the bug/exploit is influencing the gameplay - e.g. the bloodhorn stampede bug was totally broken + stacked wheels and also second chance too. If you can use a bug/exploit to get unlimited free energy or getting units for free you completely change the game mechanism and nearly every map pve-map is just a joke for speedruns. Some bugs/exploits seems to be a part of the game for years and are accepted by the community - but in my opinion there has to be a limit - some guys here have not reached the playing level like other players and try to compensate this with using more and more bugs to get in competition....

2 hours ago, Navarr said:

Not even sorry for calling this out. Prit is just mad because he don't seem to know the bug Halis used (?!)

Edit: Also calling someone a shame for the pve community while doing everything they can to restrict the accessibility of speedruns to a broader range of players and calling him a hypocrit in the same time while doing this hypocritical statement is really sad.

Navarr i dont know what is wrong with you but i think there was to much sun for you during easter holidays?! But its entertaining - so lets go on.

Me and my pve mates have shared a lot of tactics for rpve + pve in the last months - also i was giving you and also other players ideas how to finish some maps. We explained in other discussions why we will not simply give out the replays of our speedruns. You should start to really train the maps on your own and not just copy every tactic you will see in replays of other players without the basic speedrun understanding of this maps. I know this is really hard to accept for you.

At the beginning of Skylords Reborn i found new pve players to play with - and we are really mates now - we share every tactic to each other. But this is just working because every player in our team knows how much work and time was behind it and we will never give out the replays without the permission of the player or the team mates that developed this kind of tactics.

I am just interested in the bug to maintain the balance in pve speedruns and to avoid really stupid  "braindead" speedruns that are without any tactics because you getting unlimited access to energy + units. I am not interested to use it myself - there is no reason - i have really good tactics that are not beaten until now and there are still other ways to further improve this tactics. I dont need new bug for it.

Edited by Pritstift

3 hours ago, Halis said:

@Pritstift@MephistoRossDannyxx also known as DieToPlay, a known Speedrunner, got permanently banned in the beginning of the stress test, because he violated the rules. The rules clearly say "The usage of any bugs within any in-game content to any unintended benefit to any user in the game is forbidden and will result in bans." Using bugs/glitches is common for speedrunning as @MephistoRoss mentioned above and also used in Battleforge in 99% of the speedruns. So what is wrong in asking for green light?

As I can see in the rankings, that not many players played the 2-Player motm rpve last month. There is also no Solo 2-Player motm rpve of @Treim and afaik he did not liked the map. So I guess, he just did not even tried it. I am pretty sure, if he would have tried, he would have archived a similar time or even a better time. I dont think, that my time was really extraordinary. Even @Loriens and @ducarev (Rank 1 last month) said, that they could have made 14:xx with their strategy.

Now I am asking you: Would be your Solo run 16:9.1 in Titans possible without using all the bugs? Here are the bugs, you used:
Using Nightguard to take over a 3 orb unit (The description of the Nightguard says "Restricted to 2 orb creatures with a maximum of 150 power costs."):

Fathom Lord (3 Orb Unit):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaCIwuObrr8&t=78

Swamp Drake (3 Orb Unit):

https://youtu.be/yaCIwuObrr8?t=142

Using the bug with the Gate Switcher to get ground presence:

https://youtu.be/yaCIwuObrr8?t=793

Regarding rpve two player: Me and Treim discussed the time of your run - when Treim is saying to me it is not possible to him to finish it in this time then this is the only fact that counts for me here. Also it makes no sence to compare at this point with the time finished by two players. To finish the map with two players is completely different compared to one player.

You are a really funny guy at this point - the bugs i am using for Titans are well known for years and they are just possible for this map. This bugs are accepted by the community. Also there are a lot of more points that have to be done - NG + Switches are just a part of it. So now give us an idea about the bug you want to have green light for:

-can be used on every map?

-in some way you will get extra energy that was not produced by energy wells?

-you can build units/buildings without paying for it?

-you can finish the map without finishing the goals of the map?

-your units will not get any damage?

---- Thats live dude ----

the worst abuse i see in some runs is if a player read the LUB files from some moatches to figure out better times. (see titans) Building up a test map is ok for me. but reading lub files to see every part of programming for each map is a big abuse. 

i dont know if there is somone eles than the devs and Halis can read this files. open it is easy. but read is a deffrend. 

I would same myself if i am only can beat some map times by reading the files. 

also for me its not a bugabuse if the programming from the map alows u to take well over wall (dwarren riddle) or open gates (titans) or getting ground presend only with fly units (ravens end) this is how the map is programmed. but using  a glitch to get somefing free is an abuse in my opinien.

last thing i have to say is: Why u need a Ranking for maps done by less player? 1 player did a 4 polayer map or 2 player map ok. i can agree this is ok. but how fast 3 player did a map? i only see 1 reason: There are not many players like to play with them if they cant reach a team of 4 players. also this guys know that the times can easly be beaten by other teams cause thhey play smarter. 

I know how u playd halis, ans i also saw it a few times in your streams. Its like i watch my cousin playing skylords, by the way he play 1-2 times each month.

I dont think u get mutch better in the short time u take the anger of us and startet to play with other guys. 

also i have to agree with prit. navar only used strats other players maked. never saw new strat of him. but in diffrence to halis he is a good player, and not only a follower.

greez wanky

in my view halis can have the green light for the bug, if he shows the bug by video and explain how he use it.

52 minutes ago, wanky said:

the worst abuse i see in some runs is if a player read the LUB files from some moatches to figure out better times. (see titans)

I watched replay of Titan, also took a part in these runs, so I want to assure you that new record for Titans was done without anything you cannot determine in game.

Halis likes this

• Zyna unpinned and locked this topic