All-time fastest speedrun rankings

MephistoRoss

On 3/12/2019 at 11:16 PM, SkyMarth said:

What do you think of pulling away one squad of defenders some seconds earlier towards the soul tree (since the target they are shooting at will die to SP)? Could maybe use them to aggro the Stone Aggressor into position for the Shadow Phonixes, so they can dive insantly. 

Just a thought, good luck getting that 9:39 :)

I was just unlucky with Aggresor that time)
It's easy to do less than 9:39 with this strat) just one little trick)

7 hours ago, Kubik said:

no, because they contain who win, and after reset someone else could use that name, it would get messy

Would be nice if you think about a separate feature to add the existing all-time-rankings + skylords reborn rankings (maybe top 3) also to the game after reset. The players invested a lot of time over years/months/weeks to create this times for every map - would be fair to show the best results for every map ingame. I also think that a lot of times are really hard to beat now and some will still last for years - maybe forever.

Treim likes this

imagine someone else will use name Pritstift after reset, should that person see you old record as his?

Or if person with same name beat the record, should the record be moved, or deleted, because it can be different person?

If you create new suggestion where you answer all the possible questions about handling of these, then there may be a discussion about it, but until then I will still think "it would get messy" and broken, because of some forgotten condition.

36 minutes ago, Kubik said:

imagine someone else will use name Pritstift after reset, should that person see you old record as his?

Or if person with same name beat the record, should the record be moved, or deleted, because it can be different person?

If you create new suggestion where you answer all the possible questions about handling of these, then there may be a discussion about it, but until then I will still think "it would get messy" and broken, because of some forgotten condition.

It was the same situation for skylords reborn - the game was not here for years and still we are using this part of the forum to collect all the best times - including old and new ones. Nobody does know if Pritstift is still the same Pritstift like years ago - but Pritstift still is improving the times - so it seems like that he is still the same. So if you add existing times and somebody would copy my nickname - i dont see any advantage for this person. This person will not create new records - and if this would be the case - this would be nice for Pritstift ;-). Also the community will figure out really fast  that this person is just a fake and will pay not attention to him. So even if the devs dont want to add such a feature because of the mentioned reasons from your side - we will still use this part of the forum to collect all the times - even if the nicknames have changed.

Is it possible to link the forum account with the game account? So you may could block the existing nicknames for the right players e.g. creating a special password or code or something like this before reset?!

Edited by Pritstift
SkyMarth likes this

there is one way link from game account to forum account, not the other way around, and most players use different in game name for some reason. So there is no easy way to lock current in game names :( 

Leaderboards also show rank and character picture, I still think it would be more confusing than useful, but as I said if you come with full proposal for handling these cases in separate suggestion it may be discussed.

@PritstiftI get that a lot of effort was made into speed running maps, but if you are talking about someone impersonating your name, and the other assumption that some records could stay for years, couldn’t it be that a person who doesn’t deserve a record could have it for years?

Another point is that if you’ve done it once, can’t it be done again? In trying new tactics or trying to beat the map even faster than your last time you will eventually set the record again anyways, and nothing will have changed. Unless you decide to never run a particular map for speed run again, eventually you will make a record as fast as your current run. It is much less complicated than trying to preserve so many records and having cases of people impersonating to get the record etc. 

If there’s a solution to reserving character name ingame then I think it could be an option but otherwise I agree with Kubik that it’s abit too messy.

Why don't you reset all the cards, gold, exp, market in the database for the release, and keep the remains Tables ?

Or if there are too many Tables just insert data of the Users Table in the new database.

Account and mail will be preserve this way, and even if you have got thousands of non used account, it's only 1 row in the database, their cards and all informations linked to that account will be erased.

49 minutes ago, nofearek9 said:

in soultree why i cant build the contruction hut above the well ? like in the 9:40 video? wheteven i do ,even without ice barrier the spot above the well is red ,cant build there the hut.....

Try to use ctrl+wheel to rotate building.

nofearek9 likes this