QoL Suggestions (market, chat, upgrade distribution, effect tooltip)

Sacriefice

I considered making all of these their own threads, but they are all rather smallish suggestions. Either way its not very beautiful.

Market

• set the buyout price automatically to the cheapest buyout price on the market if there is one

I think most people try to sell the card for about the same price, meaning you have to search in the marketplace for the card first then switch tabs to type in the price. Since the market is a bit sluggish that takes a couple of seconds for every card which can add up, if you sell a lot of cards.

• add the search filter/options tooltip for the card library to the market

New players might not be aware that they can use them there

Chat

• filter out pve (yellow) messages. This could also be a third tab for only player messages. 

If someone whispers to you in the game the message can easily get lost

• stop scrolling up when resizing chat window

Pretty annoying imho. When chat history loads up, it even gets hard to hit the scroll bar with your mouse.

Card Effect Info

• add effect icons to abilities like rage, charge attacks

Some units already display if they are in rage, but not at what stage of rage they are, or even what the damage increase is. Same for charge attacks.
I think it's hard especially for newer players to understand, how often they can use the charge attack or when (how many times) rage increases.
I hope for something like Banditos, they show you what the buff increase is, without having extra information float on top of units like Mountaineer (which imho hurts the immersion a bit).

Upgrade Distribution

• make Need/Greed the default Distribution method

I think the only people using random is usually because they don't care about grinding upgrades on cpve and grind rpve instead, so it is random just because it is default. I can't think of any other good reason to use Random. There are also a few people who use Assign and those fall in another of two categories; They want to make sure they get one specific upgrade (or all if they are uncomradely); Or they disenchant every upgrade to optimize gold gain.
This leaves Need/Greed as the only "fair" distribution method. It is in no way perfect and even back in EA times people pointed out that it is unnecessarily confusing and suggested better systems, but it's the best system we have at the moment. 

Mynoduesp and Kapo like this

On 1/28/2023 at 7:55 PM, Sacriefice said:

Card Effect Info

• add effect icons to abilities like rage, charge attacks

I can only comment on this section and say we try to improve the game on this front: clear and easy to grasp visuals as well as accurate descriptions are being worked on Especially for new releases and reworks.

I hope this shows in past releases and will show in future ones too. 

Xamos and Sacriefice like this

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2023 at 7:55 PM, Sacriefice said:

Chat

• filter out pve (yellow) messages. This could also be a third tab for only player messages. 

Aren´t these messages red? But I like your Idea - an optional third tab. Maybe even customizeable which messages go there?