Big LAG / FREEZE issues after todays update.

BoxIngJester

1 hour ago, DieToPlay said:

Before patch = no lag.

After patch = many people complain there is lags.

I guess it's easier to tell us there is no problem rather than fixing it.

If you don't want to fix it, you should've just not answered, because this is embarrassing.

Where did I say there is no problem? Maybe you should first read what I wrote.

1 hour ago, Volin said:

But I also read between the lines "problems must be from your end" and that is sad

Your "reading between the lines is wrong".

1 hour ago, DieToPlay said:

Thank you.

I'm also playing on a quite beefy pc (i7 13th gen with 3080ti), there is no way in hell I'm supposed to be lagging in Battleforge, especially when I wasn't 1 month ago.

🤔interesting. Can after the lags in forge gets too big next time, open task manager, wait a minute, and send 2 things: 1.) Amount of memory used by Battleforge 2.) screenshot of per core CPU usage in performance tab.

1 hour ago, Fundus said:

Sure the i7 6700K isnt a high end CPU by todays standards but its still pretty decent and i never have high CPU GPU or RAM usage when i play Battleforge.

If the i7 6700K is too weak which CPU would you recommend and why wasnt it too weak before the last update?

Before this patch there was no "cosmetic" banners, and such things, and if I counted right there was already 5 hotfixes for "cosmetic" specifically.
What you consider "high CPU and RAM usage"? Asking this way specifically because single core is limiting so ~12,5% of total CPU, and at most 3,5 GB RAM, because it is 32 bit process. I would bet the game to crash soon-ish if memory usage goes over 2,1 GB (because it does pointer arithmetic wrong on many places).
And I want to be clear, that I do not consider 6700k too weak for BF, I just not consider it new.

1 hour ago, 4esan4o95 said:

So you tell us to upgrade our PCs instead of saying that its impossible at the momment to fix something that is really a problem but you still cant find a solution ? Thast not right , cause if its from PC - how i never ever had even low lag before the last hotfix - NEVER EVER and now its daily like many others .. 🙂

I dont want to look like im attacking someone verbally - im pretty sure that problem is something hard to find for resolving or whatever and we should bne patient for sure , but its not cool to sound like "its not from us , cause some people are not having it" , when bigger part of the community have it ! 🙂

Where did I say you should upgrade your PC?

11 minutes ago, Kubik said:

Where did I say you should upgrade your PC?

It sounded like this - whatever , maybe i misunderstood , like i said - im not arguing with anyone , i just hope someone is searching for a solution (if you or someone else just said - we're trying to do something , but its hard to find/fix - i wouldve shut up already) ! Have a good day and keep making the best game ever better with every day ! :) (no sarcasm!)

Just reminder - if i make it through the lag and start a game - no matter pvp , 2v2 , 3v3 ot 4 player Rpve - i dont have a single lag - i still dont expirience bad playtime in-game , only in forge ! if i restart the game its ok and suddenly later it starting again! :) I just say that basically i can play even that way, just as daily trader doing over 200-300 trades over the day from market etc - its rlly bad with the lag in forge ! :)

Edited by 4esan4o95

This may or may not work but try playing the game in windowed mode, i have been lagging for the past 2 hours non stop, switched to windowed mode thanks to Afro's suggestion and i seem to be perfectly fine, tho i must say that the issue i am experiencing is not really in the forge but ingame itself which switching to windowed mode seems to have resolved. Granted should this even work is not an ideal solution but at least it's something until they implement a fix.

Edited by LittleBird
BoxIngJester likes this

24 minutes ago, LittleBird said:

This may or may not work but try playing the game in windowed mode, i have been lagging for the past 2 hours non stop, switched to windowed mode thanks to Afro's suggestion and i seem to be perfectly fine, tho i must say that the issue i am experiencing is not really in the forge but ingame itself which switching to windowed mode seems to have resolved. Granted should this even work is not an ideal solution but at least it's something until they can figure out what is actually causing the issues.

Im gonna try it later tonight - thanks ! Hope it will work for me too ! ^

EDIT: I Tried it - not a solution for me .. :)

Edited by 4esan4o95

good night everyone

Suddenly I have just raised the problem of lag in the forge: the lags come when we go to the auction house since I do not know all the cards I spend a lot of time and it also comes when we improve several units or when we test the units to see if it costs you to do it and in part I had a naughty lag during a game using the skill of the corsair

at the level of the graphics card of course I have some program behind such as wallepapper engine and firefox with a multitude of research on skyforge (ps: we don't care) from I pass I go from 8% to 99% after three parts I I have an RX 6700 xt no problem on other game except a fallout76
Have a good evening

Edited by Atralumen

37 minutes ago, Atralumen said:

bonsoir tous le monde

du coups je viens relevé le problème de lag dans la forge : les lags vienne quand on vas dans l’hôtel des ventes vue que je ne connais pas toute les carte je passe beaucoup de temps et il viens aussi quand on améliore plusieurs unité ou quand on teste les unité voir si sa vos le cout de la faire et en partie j'ai ue un lag assé vilain durant une partie en utilisant la competence du corsaire

aux niveaux de la carte graphique bien sur j'ai quelque programme derrière telle que wallepapper engine et firefox avec une multitude de recherche sur skyforge (ps: on sans moque) du je passe  je passe de 8% a 99% apres trois partie j'ai une RX 6700 xt aucun problème sur d'autre jeu sauf un fallout76
bonne soirée

Please speak in English as that is one of the forum and discord rules, but thank you for your input 

Some info that might help the investigation of this issue:

I just left the game running in forge for about 3 hours and luckily had this overlay active. this is the FPS and GPU usage:

Screenshot_20230216_171430.thumb.png.28b9d8ed43ab6953ffd55614fc98636d.png

the FPS of course fluctuates therefore the stutter but the GPU usage was all the way down to zero and didn't change even if I summoned unites and did stuff in forge.

In a fresh run I have stable 75 FPS and GPU usage of about 32%.

Edited by Zeroo

I have no idea myself, I thought it might help you because it always uses 32% GPU or more but when experiencing extreme stuttering the GPU usage wouldn't even go up to 1%. I'm not knowledgeable how the game works so I'm no the one to judge if this means anything or not.

yes I run in on Linux but used to be very smooth. It's on a laptop with dedicated graphics card (GTX 1050)

We unfortunately do not know how the game works either 😞

The issue that is causing the lags is that your CPU can not handle the game fast enough, which explains also drop in frame rate, and GPU usage.
But the issue that is causing the game to do that much work (and allocate that much memory) is unknown 😞 I believe Ult is trying to revert everything related to cosmetic..., because they are the primary suspect, but so far no luck 😞