Game crash after login

Tyrion

Hello @Tyrion thanks for the bug report.

Is it possible that you have any custom maps in your Documents\BattleForge\map directory? If yes, could you please try moving them to a different directory and tell us if that fixes the issue? If this does indeed fix the issue, we would appreciate if you can send us the custom maps from that folder.

On 1/16/2023 at 6:23 PM, Zyna said:

Hello @Tyrion thanks for the bug report.

Is it possible that you have any custom maps in your Documents\BattleForge\map directory? If yes, could you please try moving them to a different directory and tell us if that fixes the issue? If this does indeed fix the issue, we would appreciate if you can send us the custom maps from that folder.

Simply by reading the log it states, that maps are missing, not that additional malformed maps exist. So, I'm uncertain where your assumptions come from.
Furthermore, I have been experiencing the same issue, after updating an old install as well as a fresh install of SR.

When tabbing out, the client will not close immediately as it will freeze and stuck before reaching any of the ERROR log messages.

Also by going through a Process Monitor log, there are a lot of File queries resulting in "Path not found", which may or may not be related.

The exact exit status code: -1073741819

Furthermore, a specific path and file related to the game which aren't found: "[RootDirectory]\Skylords Reborn\bf1\map\UG\"
"[RootDirectory]\Skylords Reborn\bf1\map\PVP\12601_PvP_02p_Skjal2.map"

If you require the Process Monitor log, please contact me separately as it's significantly larger than the allowed upload size. (ca. 40mb)

Going through my own memdump, I can see that a memory corruption occured.

ExceptionAddress: 0144ef37 (BattleForge!CSslConnectionImplOpenSsl::SetTrustedRootCertificate+0x00178a87) ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation) ExceptionFlags: 00000000 NumberParameters: 2 Parameter[0]: 00000000 Parameter[1]: e0ee2edc Attempt to read from address e0ee2edc

Edited by RaiNote

@RaiNote the maps you mentioned are missing for everyone, because EA did not distribute them with the latest version of the game, and they are not related to the crash.

If you look with process monitor to any other application you will also see a lot of "path not found".

10 hours ago, RaiNote said:

The exact exit status code: -1073741819

Well that is just badly formatted "ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)".

EA did not bother logging reasons of a crash, and adding logging without a source code is hard, and every log added is potential source of an crash.

The assumption of "bad" additional community map comes from last thing in the log being loading hardcoded community maps, but there is no real indication.