rPvE 10 Lost souls - Bandit - Stonekin decks

Hey Solpher,

in general I would say that a deck for rpve should have any faction and boss in mind that can occur. So if not the motm is LS you will usually not see any adapted decks for that. And a common good deck can deal with all factions. But there's a "but":

When I played way more 10s in the year after start, it was a unwritten law tho, that in random groups any LS with flyers on T2 directly got skipped. The quality of 10 groups was way higher back then, and everybody knew that even trying made not much sense even if you have 4 top players around. At least as long as you are not a static premade group that sits in Discord. So if LS occured, one scouted and deleted the nomad if there where no flyers and left the game to indicate flyers.
When those maps got map of the month this was the time to practice that, as those maps are incredibly hard and so you could at least try over and over again. At least 2 times those maps where only beaten by 2 static groups (one three man'ed it because it was easier like that (early attacks)) and iirc one time there was a third static that build up for this purpose and beat that one too.
So LS with air units at T2 is a very special thing that should be looked at a very special view. There's not much (or no) content in SR that was beaten by less then a dozen people.

If you play normal LS without air units at T2 this is still a tough call sometimes, but way more doable. Sadly these days you have too much people organizing 10 groups that lack understanding of the game mode and you have too much unfitting decks to beat LS usually. What you want here is 4 fire starts if you are not in voice chat, if you do it with voice chat and an excellent group you can have one nature starter or shadow starter.

Against LS often one player gets attacked by default, if that happens, he pings first asap and then starts spamming units into the direction of the attacks. Even if he starts fire he usually just spams units at this point, the other 3 players erupt spawn camp(s) and Lost Dancers and clear up as much is needed to bail out the attacked player.
If 2 players get instant attacks you may be in the situation where you want to skip the map too.

If no one gets instant attacks, or the bailout was successful, LS maps are played usually after normal 10-scheme: Decide if you go one by one or if everybody goes on his own, the team approach is however easier and faster. Here it is even more important: Spawn your first unit behind your wells to not trigger any unwanted attacks. In both scenarios you perhaps want to save up a little more energy then against other factions. You pull rather with 3-4 mines then with 1-2 as usual. More often as against other factions you want to do both spawners in one engage, this is depending on how close the two T2 camps are.
As Dancers have this ultra long range it is often not a bad idea to care for outside position players first, as T3 waves are quite strong in LS and Dancers may else trigger unwanted attacks.
Because of that range issues from Dancers and Vigils Pos4 needs to scout even more carefully then against other factions as close-well situations occur even a bit more often.

Once all players are T2 the difficulty decreases to a more normal level. Though the T3 camps are quite crazy you have more and better tools now to handle this, but make sure if there is a double income on your T3 to be prepared for heavy attacks. LS post-T4 waves always have either a Beast (good for you) or a Treefiend and often a Vigil. Usually you want to take out T3 very fast in a single hard and short attack then.

If you have close camps at T4 you will usually often need again spell support of the whole group, else LS maps are not that big difference from that stage of the game beside the fact that you are usually running into time issues and have to go on very fast now. The post T4 is usually the same as on 9s - only a slight bit bigger and everything is a bit more stuffed then on a 9.
Banestones are more likely to appear (or even set?) be prepared for that, but players should be familiar with that from harder 9s already.

In general you see more diversity in 10s since the Bata rework, but on the same side you have to see that in 10s it got even harder not to run into time issues when you have a hard early like you have on most LS maps. The most common T4 options deck wise are Bloodhorns and Banzais. You see them most commonly as 🔴🟣🟣🟢, as 🔴🟣🟣🟣 and 🔴🟣🟣🔴.
This may not be what you see in the common 10 groups these days, but that is what you want to see and what you need if you want a halfway decent win-ratio.

If you have any replays where you have questions at, any certain situations in mind or any other questions feel free to put there here, via PM or reach out to me via Discord (Volin#8101) and I try to help as good as possible.

cheers

Little_Ducky and Metagross31 like this

• 3 months later...
On 1/9/2023 at 3:53 AM, Volin said:

Hey Solpher,

in general I would say that a deck for rpve should have any faction and boss in mind that can occur. So if not the motm is LS you will usually not see any adapted decks for that. And a common good deck can deal with all factions. ...

I think the question was more about how to build RPVE10 decks in those factions, not how to counter those factions. A question that I'm also interested in, since I'm still playing at RPVE 7 and hope to go higher.

10 hours ago, ValturNaa said:

I think the question was more about how to build RPVE10 decks in those factions, not how to counter those factions. A question that I'm also interested in, since I'm still playing at RPVE 7 and hope to go higher.

Hey mate,

I'm not really sure where I was when I wrote the above text. TO asked about Stonekin and I wrote a novel about LS... blame me ^^

To answer you question short: Playing Stonekin faction yourself in 10s is not recommendable. The time limit is too harsh for the slow Stonekin faction and your T2 and T3 tool case lacks to deal with harder maps.

The only player that I saw playing Stonekin on a decent level there was Treim, and I remember a few failed matches 🙂

Even if you want to stray away from the standard meta decks that are usually recommended in 10s, I would stick to the classic Fire into Phoenix start as a beginner. As soon as your experience level rises you will see yourself where the journey will go for you