Official Card Design Contest - CLOSED - Winners Reveal inside

Kapo

Chilling Wisp
Radiant Beacon (S or S and M units only - would be great)
Shadow trap

my top 3 😉

Inferno Phoenix
Carrion Devourer
Frost Wagon
Worldship
Due Assistance
Mercenary Tavern
Immolate
Twinaxe - as an idea of this hero

Other cards that i like 😉

• Kapo changed the title to Official Card Design Contest - CLOSED - Winners Reveal inside
11 minutes ago, CPC464 said:

I am actually surprised - I made a card that brought a whole new dynamic to spell/unit and instead rehashed versions of existing cards that were (in my opinion) no where near good enough got mentions. Reading this I come across as a sore loser and I don't particularly care, I garnered a lot of feedback on my card and the collective of people I have spoken to are just as surprised as I am

If you want some feedback, please contact Windhunter - he offered to talk about submissions. Nothing more I can do, since I don't know the reasoning of the jury.

Edited by Kapo
CPC464 likes this

My first thought was: "How could these cards become winners? They are too simple and not very engaging"

But, there is a certain beauty of a simple, but a solid design. A card doesn't need to have tons of different effects to it. All it needs is a solid feature, a niche which isn't filled or done better by any other card.

This was a nice contest and congratulations to the winners.

Kapo and Metagross31 like this

1 hour ago, regonas said:

My first thought was: "How could these cards become winners? They are too simple and not very engaging"

But, there is a certain beauty of a simple, but a solid design. A card doesn't need to have tons of different effects to it. All it needs is a solid feature, a niche which isn't filled or done better by any other card.

This was a nice contest and congratulations to the winners.

The Winterbeasts are the perfect example for that. It's just a seemingly small thing, but the "Territorial" effect is mega smart and solves a problem for frost PvP in an incredible elegant way.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2022 at 1:56 PM, Kapo said:
  • mockup:

grafik.pngflock leader.pngmeteor.png

Why are these 3 examples tho? We need these as cards, not as examples 😮 And because they have been given as examples nobody dared to bring up an idea for this card´s abilitys. 

Seriously, they look epic. Only Flock Leader should probably be L ^^

Metagross31 likes this

3 hours ago, Xamos said:

Seriously, they look epic. Only Flock Leader should probably be L ^^

Skyrake Alphas are L too, right?
Didnt think of that. Agreed, Kri'Rarr should be L. 👍

Mass Blink would be so cool for Hit-and-Run in Campaign Maps 😄

Edited by Kapo
Metagross31 and Xamos like this

• Kapo unfeatured, featured and unpinned this topic
  • Kapo unfeatured this topic