Twilight Transformation blocks charges

Sacriefice

I run into a bug today where I tried to transform 'Twilight Minions' into 'Nightshade Plant' (on Insane god - expert) but the transformation process got interrupted (likely by knockback or dino anti magic zone). The minions didn't transform, the charge got consumed and it stopped recharging. I could still select Nightshade Plant for transformation but nothing happened.

image.thumb.png.a75e8ae0821a68bdfe639c3328faf79e.png

Sadly I forgot to save the replay. Maybe my friend still has it, will add it later then.  there isn't much to see in the replay. But I think one of the dinos with the anti magic zone was the cause.

transformation_Bug_Report.pmv

Edited by Sacriefice
added replay
Hirooo likes this

• 5 months later...

This happened to me too, the other day. In my case the unit died between using the Transformation and the actively switch.
Like sacriefice, i was switching to a un-upgraded XL card. So there was only one charge to begin with. (in my case Abomination)

• 6 months later...

Ive had this effect several times though havent remembered to save a replay of it.  Most of the time it involves me beginning a transformation, the unit being paralyzed or interrupted somehow, then dying, and the card being locked/no cooldown started.  I suspect its in the process when it locks the card its transforming to (to prevent triggering it more than there are charges most likely), but not unlocking upon interruption/failure.  Not sure what happens to the power spent there, if it gets refunded or just dropped into void, but the charge locking can be crippling, specially if its one of the t4 units!  

If you wanted to replicate it, I would imagine the simplest way is to walk a twilight unit towards units that paralyze, begin transformation before getting hit by paralysis (but before transformation completes) and then having enough damage to kill the unit before the paralysis wears off.  Not sure how to make a map though, sorry!  

Id also be curious to know if the power from twilight transformation acts, as in is it 100% or 90% returned, or locked in as the new unit card, and what happens to the reserved energy from the previous unit (I assume that power is unlocked and returned to the void), or what happens when you convert a unit multiple times (say vileblood to slaver to vileblood to slaver), havent had much luck finding that kind of info!