Fog of War Option for PVE/RPVE

BoltyGER

We all know it, the Fog of war which is everywhere, beside PVP.

So my idea is, Make Fog of War for Missions or Rpves an ON or OFF Option that is able to be ticked off with a box, for people to decide if they want it or not. with this way you can decide if you wanted to have a challenge to play with Fog of War or practise/ play without Fog of War, and have more information to what you would Face against. This also would help people who just started this game, or people who struggle beating those missions or Rpves, making it easier to understand how this works, since no fog of war means more information, and you could adjust your troops while doing that, or even restart the mission to adjust your own deck.

6 hours ago, Kubik said:

feel free to create community maps for that

Its a suggestion for the whole system, a whole new selection that would needed to be added to allow Fog of War or not. Otherwise it wouldn't make much sense why PVP doesn't have Fog of War but PVE/RPVE has.

6 hours ago, Bkingn said:

The idea is cool! What about pvp with fog of war that would some next level thing! 😄

True same thing could go for pvp

It is an option when you create a map. Can you imagine loosing whole base in PvP, without knowing what destroyed it? There was PvP maps with Fog Of War, but none of them stuck around, I guess players just tried them, and did not like them.

Metagross31 likes this

Fog of War is a tool used in PvP to reward scouting. Knowing what is coming to resposition your army, or seeing a build order to know if you should build anti air/stealth, etc. But since BattleForge can spawn an army in the blink of an eye, it would mostly add frustration.

The game is also not balanced around it, take for example firedancers: the moment you figure out where they are, your base is already under attack and probably lost. Or imagine a tier 1 situation, where you move out your unit/army, but go left, where you opponent goes right and heading straight for your base, and suddenly their whole army is in your base, while you were still scouting the map. 

The discussion for Fog of War in PvP comes up every so often, but it just wouldn't work as well for this game. 

As for PvE, with 3 difficulties, I dont think new players would need this, and if they really want to know a map's layout, they can always watch a replay 🙂 

10 hours ago, Majora said:

Fog of War is a tool used in PvP to reward scouting. Knowing what is coming to resposition your army, or seeing a build order to know if you should build anti air/stealth, etc. But since BattleForge can spawn an army in the blink of an eye, it would mostly add frustration.

The game is also not balanced around it, take for example firedancers: the moment you figure out where they are, your base is already under attack and probably lost. Or imagine a tier 1 situation, where you move out your unit/army, but go left, where you opponent goes right and heading straight for your base, and suddenly their whole army is in your base, while you were still scouting the map. 

The discussion for Fog of War in PvP comes up every so often, but it just wouldn't work as well for this game. 

As for PvE, with 3 difficulties, I dont think new players would need this, and if they really want to know a map's layout, they can always watch a replay 🙂 

Yeah, it was more meant for PVE and RPVE, and helping people to see enemy camps and what to make to deal with them afterwards, i myself do not have PVP experience, so i cannot speak about that particular part. But your Point has made sense.

14 hours ago, Kapo said:

I think an PvP map with FoW would be a nice possibility for a community map, if the layout things about scouting/managing the changed circumstances right from the start

Yea its relatively easy to add for PvP, but as Kubik mentioned:

"There was PvP maps with Fog Of War, but none of them stuck around, I guess players just tried them, and did not like them."