Ironman mode (not a smart way to play the game)

Deadman

Salutations everyone, I am the WaterMelonLord and this is how I play the game. This is not a smart way of playing the game and limits you so much, obviously this is really only for the crazy people out there and new players (do not make another account you will get banned) but you can really try ironman mode whenever you like. The name is stolen from Runescape and they probably stole the name from something else idk. 

So how I play the game is no trading anyone, no buying cards off of the marketplace, I do receive mails from other players for example Mr Titan gave me 3 mines and some bandit minefields (thank you) I think, but you could also play with the rule of not receiving any mail from people (mail from the game obviously fine), reforging is allowed, so I wouldn't recommend to play like this as trade is a big part of the game, but this is an option, an insane option. I also only buy normal boosters limiting myself even more. 

So basically getting charges is very difficult, getting an exact card is very difficult, getting rares and ultra rares is very difficult, but this is for some weird reason how I play the game and it will take me a very long time to get all cards, especially charges and upgrades, but I guess I'm here for the long run. 

An example of how painful this is, I got an evil eye again I think Mr Titan gave it to me so thank you to him again, but I literally have one charge for evil eye and it is painful, but imagine the dopamine when I open a booster and get a evil eye, I will be so happy (it's gonna take ages).  

So yeah there is the insight of ironman made, even though I have sort of (not really) created this mode, I do not recommend for you to try it, unless you want a challenge. 

Thank you for reading this and I hope you have a great time playing the game in whatever capacity you do. 🍉 

DefAnske, Metagross31, Volin and 1 other like this

I remember when I started playing with Nukie after he asked to have his account reset to do exactly what you described. It was interesting to see him play with weird random decks no void return for a long time because he didn't pull any shrines from boosters or reforging. Considering all expert maps can be beaten with super basic cheap cards, it's not an insanely hard challenge. Tbh I think the novelty wore off very quickly for Nukie 😄 

Edited by Little_Ducky
Deadman and nukie like this

I absolutly love the idea, but dont wanna lose everything I collected and played for the last 2 years.

Would be cool to implement this as an optional second character on the same account, just like it was possible in the old battleforge.

To not ruin the market, the "ironman" character just needs to have all trading options disabled.

With the new banners there would also be a possible way to differentiate the ironman accounts from normal ones.

Would something like that be possible? 

Volin and wanky like this

On 12/3/2022 at 5:01 AM, Little_Ducky said:

I remember when I started playing with Nukie after he asked to have his account reset to do exactly what you described. It was interesting to see him play with weird random decks no void return for a long time because he didn't pull any shrines from boosters or reforging. Considering all expert maps can be beaten with super basic cheap cards, it's not an insanely hard challenge. Tbh I think the novelty wore off very quickly for Nukie 😄 

The novelty wore off due to wanting to then play with cards that I just was not getting, as you said the expert maps are not hard to complete (maybe not super fun strategies or fast times) so there wasnt something to keep the motivation going. Might just be that I more enjoy playing with random decks and cards and missed that part of the game as i didnt have those cards... 

It was an interesting idea and i could see there being ways to make it more fun in the future. I had an idea around it that i can share with you sometime. 😉 

Fun fact, we actually had this question in the survey but under the name of ''Ironman mode", suggested by Windhunter. I had never heard of the name Ironman mode before, so I suggested we changed it to a more general description. Fun to see the actual name appear now 😄 

"How interested are you in the following from a scale of 1 to 5:"

image.png

DefAnske and Metagross31 like this