Patch #400039 - 14 January 2023

WindHunter

36 minutes ago, Kubik said:

🤔nerfed it? How so?

Shooting was delayed randomly by 0.1s-1s, which caused cleverly placed towers or spawned archers to be significantly stronger than other.

Now it is consistent, and on average they shoot 0.05s faster (in continuous shooting).

So can you explain me how increasing fire rate, is a nerf?

ok then I understood it wrong. I thought 0.05 s slower. sry

Edited by Carofex

19 minutes ago, Carofex said:

ok then I understood it wrong. I thought 0.05 s slower. sry

no it is 0.05 s shorter delay (on average), so faster. And most importantly it is consistent, so if two players spawn same squad, they have same "power", instead of one being better, because of being spawned at different time.

Loriens likes this

Hotfix - 15 January 2023

image.png

General Fixes

• Fixed new achievements causing server-wide freezes.
  • Fixed "It's the player, not the cards" achievement not working properly
  • Fixed "Dragon's Hoard" achievement not counting gold income properly from all sources
  • Fixed "Urban Planner" achievement to grant a tradeable Worldbreaker Gun (Promo) instead of untradeable one.
  • Added extra progressive cosmetic rewards for PvP ranked leaderboard achievements.
  • Fixed cosmetics not properly showing up in your inventory after a match (no more relogs required).
  • Improved performance of the cosmetics tab in the storybook.
  • Added small text improvements for leaderboard achievements. 
  • The marketplace dropdown for auction times will now display all time options without requiring the player to scroll down.
Volin and Deadman like this

Fixed cosmetics not properly showing up in your inventory after a match (no more relogs required).

True for the fire texture archievement i fullfilled an hour ago. But for the just finished shadow texture archivement, the texture was still locked. Available after relog.

Hotfix - 16 January 2023

image.png

General Fixes

• Sunbridge: Now requires a squad or building within range (previously only squad) to advance the boss fight.
  • Fixed default inventory filter extensions not being created by default at Documents/BattleForge/custom_filter_extensions.json.
  • Improved performance of the cosmetics tab in the storybook.
  • Fixed new cosmetics not showing up until a game restart. (this time it works hopefully!)
  • Fixed incorrect avatars being displayed in the preview for cosmetics.

On 1/9/2023 at 5:20 AM, WindHunter said:

Strikers.png Strikers:
1. Remove "Looter" ability
2. Add new passive "Gang Up!": When being surrounded by at least 3 friendly orcs in a 25m radius, all incoming damage will be spread among all gang members relative to each unit's current life points. Additionally, affected units take 15% less damage.
3. Add new passive "Group Pressure": Unit is immune to Unity and its effects.

We are giving Thugs' "Gang Up!" passive to Strikers and changing both Strikers and Thugs' abilities to work based on friendly orcs instead of just friendly Thugs. This will allow Strikers and Thugs to form a gang together, creating a new Fire T1 combo. Additionally, we are fully removing "Looter" from Strikers. 

Our balance team is currently in the beginning stages of reintroducing a rebalanced Looter ability to the game for higher tier units as part of a project to allow each faction to have a power acceleration mechanic. Shadow's Resource Booster is the most obvious example of such an acceleration mechanic. Nature also has existing acceleration tools in the Breeding Grounds effect (unit cost reduction) and Promise of Life (unbinding units). We think Looter could be a good tool to enable a unique acceleration mechanic for Fire. More details will be announced on this topic when proposals become more concrete.

Fire_Bomb.png Fire Bomb:
1. Damage: 715 up to 1650 in total ➜ 720, up to 1800 in total
2. Add "Fast Construction" - Construction time is reduced by 50%.
3. Allow to hit air units & enable splash overflow fix.

Small buff to Fire Bomb that should allow it to be used more aggressively. 

First, I love this game. Battleforge was a uniquely beautiful game to play. But now, I cant stand the basis on which a large majority of these changes are being made. Mix decks and PvE take priority over the great changes you could make. Looter on strikers was a really nice feature to have, Especially considering the cost of strikers and its style of play. The same went for thugs when they had it, it applied a layer of power threat for fire that played into their heavy offensive playstyle in PVP. If this was done to bring mix decks more in line with the pure decks at tier 1 that would make sense but each and every patch the mix decks get tons of attention and Tier 2 fire in particular along with the other pure decks are ignored. Before, mix decks were fun because of card versatility but at the cost of the full power of what that architype could provide (example Fire - Offense, nature - CC/heals, Frost - Defense, Shadow - high risk high reward). But now, mix decks command not only the most versatility but also merge the best of what each architype can produce with virtually no drawbacks. It genuinely feels like the balance team never plays PVP or if they do, they only use mix decks. Strikers was an off meta card in PVP that strongly represented the offensive architype of Pure Fire, now its just another dead card as a PVP option. Changes like Fire Bomb give me hope, cause its more in line with what id like to see in terms of creativity and giving dead cards viability in both PVP/PVE. I understand we have a small team working on this and I appreciate them, but please don't release patches that completely hinder certain cards or architypes without providing something to balance it out.

6 hours ago, LionHeart said:

First, I love this game. Battleforge was a uniquely beautiful game to play. But now, I cant stand the basis on which a large majority of these changes are being made. Mix decks and PvE take priority over the great changes you could make. Looter on strikers was a really nice feature to have, Especially considering the cost of strikers and its style of play. The same went for thugs when they had it, it applied a layer of power threat for fire that played into their heavy offensive playstyle in PVP. If this was done to bring mix decks more in line with the pure decks at tier 1 that would make sense but each and every patch the mix decks get tons of attention and Tier 2 fire in particular along with the other pure decks are ignored. Before, mix decks were fun because of card versatility but at the cost of the full power of what that architype could provide (example Fire - Offense, nature - CC/heals, Frost - Defense, Shadow - high risk high reward). But now, mix decks command not only the most versatility but also merge the best of what each architype can produce with virtually no drawbacks. It genuinely feels like the balance team never plays PVP or if they do, they only use mix decks. Strikers was an off meta card in PVP that strongly represented the offensive architype of Pure Fire, now its just another dead card as a PVP option. Changes like Fire Bomb give me hope, cause its more in line with what id like to see in terms of creativity and giving dead cards viability in both PVP/PVE. I understand we have a small team working on this and I appreciate them, but please don't release patches that completely hinder certain cards or architypes without providing something to balance it out.

Strikers were off-meta in old EA days, but after the Thugs nerf, people figured out how broken Strikers were and there was a short period, were the whole T1 meta was focused arouns them and it was completely ridiculous.

Pure decks also received attention in PvP. Fire even got a whole new card in Burning Spears, Frost received buffs to White Rangers and Mountain Rowdy and Pure Nature received a massive overhaul with buffs/reworks to many cards, including Parasite, Parasite Swarm, Deep One, Ghostspears etc.

Furthermore, splash decks have also been hit with nerfes, e.g. Mountaineer, Ghostspears being made pure nature and Nerfs to Stonekin units such as Stone Tempest.

In fact, the team managed to give each faction more of an individual identity and more playstyle options than ever before.

The PvP balance developers in our team are also some of the best players there are and saying they never play PvP is just completely wrong.

Xanatoss, Loriens, DefAnske and 1 other like this

9 hours ago, Draconnor said:

Cheapskate achiev - does it miss information that all players should have common decks only? or its a bug? or it don't work on 4/12 players map?

Cheapsake and all new achievements - which do not state a group requirement explicitly - only require you to fulfill the requirements. Other behaviors are unintended, if you won a map without the achievement counting it, please let us know with additional information which map - if possible with a replay. The achievement should also work on 12 player scenarios.

We will add explicit text for all achievements with such solo requirements to improve clarity.

8 hours ago, Mynoduesp said:

Cheapsake and all new achievements - which do not state a group requirement explicitly - only require you to fulfill the requirements. Other behaviors are unintended, if you won a map without the achievement counting it, please let us know with additional information which map - if possible with a replay. The achievement should also work on 12 player scenarios.

We will add explicit text for all achievements with such solo requirements to improve clarity.

Raven's End, Passage to Darkness

unfortunatly i have only last replay - raven's end

ravens end common.pmv

Mynoduesp likes this

Fixes -  23 January 2023

image.png

General Changes

• Play PvE and play ranked PvP achievement will now grant their rewards after 20 matches. Cosmetic borders will be handed out retroactively.
  • Include card affinity and promo tag on error while cloning and importing decks.
  • Added tooltip when hovering on players rank icons and name.
  • Added endless checkbox to achievements filter, to include or exclude them.
  • Removed endless category from achievements, now endless / repeatable achievements have a explicit tag besides the name, in addition to a proper category.
  • Added the ability to view unlocked cosmetics original achievement by hovering on the new question mark on cosmetics page preview look.
  • Changes on achievements, including descriptions (more will come in the future):
    • A New Sun: From all player to only you.
    • Codebreaker: Added repair to the restriction.
    • Cheapskate: From all player to only you.
    • Teleportation Anxiety: From only you to all players.
    • Never Thought of Him: From all players to only you.
    • The Long Journey Home: From all players to only you (description not yet updated).

General Fixes

• Fixed PvE and PvP rank up achievement not progressing when the player ranks up.
  • Fixed leaderboard achievements tips not updating daily.
  • Fixed achievements play PvE and play ranked PvP with faction not granting any rewards after 25 matches were played.
  • Fixed error message on achievements window when players reached the last milestone of `Gotta Go Fast` and `A Need For Speed`.
  • Adjusted leaderboard visual positions, sizes and alignments to be more consistent.
  • Fixed various issues with the achievement `Dragon's Hoard`. If any rewards were not granted, they will be granted retroactively.
  • Increased performance while switching to cosmetic tab.

• 3 weeks later...

Hammerfall:

1. Increase turret turn speed.
2. Breeze of Life (g) / Breeze of Strength (b):
   A. Maximum capacity: 1500 ➜ 3000
   B. Recharge rate: 15 per second ➜ 40 per second
   C. Radius: 20m ➜ 25m
3. Breeze of Strength, Ice Shield cost: 495 capacity ➜ 600 capacity

I found a potential error:

2. Breeze of Life (g) / Breeze of Strength (b):
B. Recharge rate: 15 per second ➜ 40 per second

Recharge rate seems to have only been changed for the nature affinity, as the frost affinity still says 15 per second in the in game ability tooltip.

Edited by Maze
Mynoduesp likes this

• Zyna unpinned this topic
  • WindHunter unfeatured this topic
  • Majora featured this topic