CCC #9 - The Archer's Tournament - UNTIL 10.12.2022

Kapo

Hello Skylords, Skyladies, and other Skybeings; and welcome to CCC #9 – the ninth Crappy Community Contest!

THE CONTEST HAS ENDED.
To see the winners, CLICK HERE. If you are just here to grab the code, there you go: CCC9-BOWA-NDST-RING

What are “Crappy Community Contests”?

CCC's are meant to be small-scale contests with weird challenges, hopefully luring you away from well-trodden paths. They are small-scale on the organizers side too: usually there will be no stream, video, or event announcing the winners. What's special about these contests is a participation prize for the whole Skylords community.

After a short pause, the CCC is back again, this time with a rPvE Challenge:

What, when, where, how?

The Archer's Tournament

grafik.png
All the famous archers want to settle this question once and for all: Which of them is the strongest?

This challenge is to win the highest possible single-player rPvE Map of the Month
in the fastest time under severe card limitations.

In this challenge, you are sent to win a rPvE MotM as fast as you can, using mainly T1 archers to destroy your enemies. You may unlock a maximum total of 3 cards (limited choice) by building your orbs:

Tier 1: Chose your Archers

grafik.png

Tier 2: Unlocks your first support spell

grafik.png

Tier 3: Unlocks your second support spell

grafik.png

Winners will be ranked according to the usual ranking tables – first on difficulty, then on time. For example, if you have an ultra-slow run on a rPvE difficulty 6 map, you will still be ranked higher than all difficulty 5 entries. Clearing a map with only archers is hard? Fear not! If you only want to participate, you may enter with a simple rPvE Difficulty Map of the Month Difficulty 1 run under these rules, making you eligible for the random prizes, which will only take you a minute or two.

Clarifications:

• Don't forget to select Map of the Month! Replays with randomly generated maps are not allowed to enter the tournament.
  • Even if you are able to play out a spell mentioned on Tier 2/Tier 3 earlier, you are only allowed to cast it once your orb has been built.
  • If you don't want or need the T2 or T3 support spells, of course, you can ignore them and just build a big army of archers.
  • You may also choose a second spell listed on Tier 2 after building your Tier 3, but you are not allowed to pick a second archer card.
  • Lastly, even though the above pictures are of cards without upgrades, you can of course use your fully upgraded ones.
  • The red affinity of Wintertide is allowed, but please note that the Infused Defense is plain worse in this challenge scenario.

How to enter:

Battleforge automatically saves a replay file of the last match you play, named autosave.pmv.  After playing the map, rename this file, so it doesn't get overwritten. You can find your replays here: Documents => Battleforge => replays.

The contest has started with the release of this post – submit your replay through Discord (DM to Kapo#0116) or the Skylords Forum (DM to @Kapo) until 10.12.2022 23:59 CET  (= 8 days time total). You can submit multiple times, but only your best entry will count. Please note that any submitted replays may be posted here in the forums.

To lessen my workload, please rename your replay to the following format: CCC9_<difficulty>_<time>_<name>.pmv  (e.g. CCC9_5_17.22_Kapo.pmv)

grafik.png

What's the prize pool?

Since this is not just a crappy contest, but a Crappy Community Contest, you may help with your participation to earn a prize for the whole community. If we reach more than 25 participants (unique players, not entries), we will unlock a Mini-Booster code for the entire Skylords community. If more than 40 participants enter, the code will be upgraded to a Booster instead of a Mini-Booster. So tell your fellow Skylords to try this challenge – it's an occasion to try something completely new, and it raises our chances to hand out a code for everybody. 

Of course, the top ranking Skylords will get prizes too, sponsored by myself, the Community and the Skylords Reborn Team:

1st place               5 General Boosters + Promo Razorleaf
2nd place              4 General Boosters + Promo Rogan Kayle
3rd place              3 General Boosters + Promo Lyrish Knight
4th place              2 General Boosters + Harvester + Bandit Minefield
5th place              1 General Booster +  Amii Monument
6th place              Disenchant (G) + Deepcoil Worm
7th place              Cluster Explosion (R)+ Razorleaf
8th place              Parasite Swarm + Soulshatter
9th place              Ice Age (G) + Transcendence
10th place            Stronghold
11-15th place       Two Rare cards (see sponsored cards below)
16-20th place       One Rare card (see below)

Last place              Juice Tank (x4)

For participation, there is a random chance to win one of the following cards out of a large pool:

Random Draws          5x1 General Booster, Evil Eye (x5), Spitfire, Stronghold, QueekQueek, Church of Negation, Mine, Nether Warp (B), Ice Age (B), Timeshifter Spirit, Mindweaver, Wrathgazer, Abyssal Warder (R), Mine, Frenetic Assault (R), Ashbone Pyro (x2), Cultist Master, Satanael (R), Razorleaf (x2), Wildfire, Deepcoil Worm, Mark of the Keeper, Hurricane, Corsair (G) (x2), Corsair (P), Bandit Minefield (x2), Banzai Lord (P) (x3), Lost Shade (B) (x2), Twilight Creeper (R), Abomination (P), Sunderer, Juggernaut, Shrine of War, Batariel (R), Earthshaker, Soulshatter, Home Soil (x2), War Eagle, Worldbreaker Gun, Battleship, Ice Tornado, Mana Wing, Spikeroot, Shrine of Memory, Colossus, Bloodhorn (P) (x2), Bloodhorn (R) (x2), Nightshade Plant (G), Abomination (B), Lost Shade (P), Lost Grigori (P), Transcendence, Grinder (R), Grinder (P), Viridya, Brannoc, Mo, The Incredible Mo, Jorne (x2), Ravenheart, Embalmers Shrine, Nightguard (P), Skyelf Sage, 250 BFP (x20).

This CCC also features again a Newcomer Card Pool. By participating, players of Bronze or Silver Rank will automatically receive at least one valuable uncommon card (more likely two or three). Of course, you may also win other random draws additionally if you are lucky. The Newbie Card Pool contains the following cards:

Spoiler
  • Evil Eye (x2)
  • Shaman (x5)
  • Frost Mage (x6)
  • Lost Spirit Ship (R) (x2)
  • Lost Spirit Ship (G) (x6)
  • Grimvine (x6)
  • Fire Dragon (x6)
  • Construct (x6)
  • Shadow Phoenix (x6)
  • Wasteland Wing (R) (x2)
  • Wasteland Wing (G) (x2)
  • Gemeye (G) (x6)
  • Gemeye (P) (x6)
  • Skyfire Drake (x4)
  • Nox Trooper x4
  • Life Weaving x4
  • Void Maw x4
  • Coldsnap x4
  • Ensnaring Roots x3
  • Razorshard G x4
  • Home Soil x1

Should we get more too many entries, the pool will be expanded, so every newcomer will receive a guaranteed card. Those expansion cards will be rare cards (instead of more Uncommons), so tell your fellow beginner to participate!

Sponsors

If one or more mighty Skylord(s) decides to sponsor this event, please contact me. I would be more than happy to beef up or expand the prize pool, add additional random draws, special bounties or any other upgrades to the prize pool. 

The following prizes have been sponsored so far:

Skylords Team          General Boosters (x20), Evil Eye (x7), Community Booster Code
@THE_BIG_WET     Newcomer Card Pool (see above), Promo Lyrish Knight, Sunderer(x3), Juggernaut (x3), Shrine of War (x3), Batariel (R) (x3), Earthshaker (x3), Ashbone Pyro (x3), Soulshatter (x2), Home Soil (x3), War Eagle (x3), Worldbreaker Gun (x3), Battleship (x3), Ice Tornado (x3), Mana Wing (x3), Spikeroot (x2), Deepcoil Worm (x3), Shrine of Memory (x3), Colossus (x3), Corsair (G) (x3), Bandit Minefield (x3), Banzai Lord (P) (x3), Bloodhorn (P) (x2), Bloodhorn (R) (x2), Nightshade Plant (G) (x3), Abomination (B) (x3), Lost Shade (P) (x3), Lost Grigori (P) (x3), Transcendence (x3), Grinder (R) (x3), Grinder (P) (x3), Viridya (x3), Brannoc (x3), Mo (x3), The Incredible Mo (x3), Jorne (x3), Ravenheart (x2)
@MadDoggo         Promo Razorleaf
@arabikaa             Promo Rogan Kayle
@T1421                Spitfire
@Titan                 Harvester, Disenchant (G), Cluster Explosion (R), Cluster Explosion (P), Church of Negation (x2), Spitfire, Nether Warp (B), Ice Age (G), Ice Age (B), Timeshifter Spirit, Parasite Swarm, Mindweaver, Stronghold, Wrathgazer, Abyssal Warder (R), Mine, Frenetic Assault (R) (x2), Ashbone Pyro (x2), Cultist Master, Satanael (R), Wildfire, Razorleaf (x4), Deepcoil Worm (x2), Mark of the Keeper, Hurricane, Corsair (G) (x2), Corsair (P) (x2), Bandit Minefield, Banzai (P) (x2), Bloodhorn (R), Lost Shade (B) (x4), Twilight Creeper (R) (x2), Abomination (P) (x2)
@hauclir               Stronghold, QueekQueek
@Dolewan            Embalmers Shrine, Nightguard (P), Skyelf Sage, Banzai Lord (P), Cultist Master
@Lans                  
Skyfire Drake (x4), Fire Dragon (x4), Nox Trooper (x4), Life Weaving (x4), Shadow Phoenix (x4), Void Maw (x4), Frost Mage (x4), Coldsnap (x4), Construct (x4), Shaman (x3), Ensnaring Roots (x3), Grimvine (x4), Lost Spirit Ship G (x4), Razorshard G (x4), Gemeye P (x4), Gemeye G (x4), Home Soil (x1)
@Grak                  5000 BFP
@Skury                 Abomination (B) (that got lost somehow, and when I wanted to buy it he gave it for free <3)
Anonymous              Amii Monument

Note: Since there have been two incredible big donations, some of those cards will go into the next CCC as well.

Conclusion

I hope you have fun with this challenge, and I hope your arrows and spells strike true.

Kapo

Future Events – get involved!

If you are interested in helping with these (or better) kinds of events for the community, or want to host one yourself, don't be afraid and simply reach out! Contact our beloved Event Manager @Metagross31 on the forums or discord. They are happy to assist you with upcoming events and with sponsoring your prize pool!

If you especially like this small-scale-format, and you have an idea for it, you may also contact me directly to discuss your idea and host your own Crappy Community Contest.

Edited by Kapo

• Kapo changed the title to CCC #9 - The Archer's Tournament - UNTIL 10.12.2022
  • Metagross31 pinned this topic
  • Kapo featured this topic
On 11/9/2022 at 3:36 PM, Kapo said:

Even if you are able to play out a spell mentioned on Tier 2/Tier 3 earlier, you are only allowed to cast it once your orb has been built.

So if one was to go all Shadow/Frost/Fire/Nature for the 3 different card choices/tiers, one would be able to play Tier 2 spell at T1? Does the above mean that we are only allowed to play Tier 2 spell after we cleared the respective camp and build 2nd orb and likewise build 3rd orb for Tier 3 spell?

I think that seems to be the intent but confusing to me since you have your starting orb.

12 minutes ago, Lans said:

So if one was to go all Shadow/Frost/Fire/Nature for the 3 different card choices/tiers, one would be able to play Tier 2 spell at T1? Does the above mean that we are only allowed to play Tier 2 spell after we cleared the respective camp and build 2nd orb and likewise build 3rd orb for Tier 3 spell?

I think that seems to be the intent but confusing to me since you have your starting orb.

what this means is if you play Sunstriders, you are technically able to play Eruptions, but not allowed until you build your T2.

8 hours ago, Lans said:

Yeah, too bad this clearly is biased against Magma Hurler! 😞

Biased against Magma Hurler, Mauler and Juice Tanks. Worst CCC ever.

Updated Clarifications: If you want to use the red Wintertide Affinity, you are allowed to do so. In this scenario with archers, it is just plain worse, so there is no reason to disallow it if one doesn't own and/or doesn't want to buy the blue one.

Edited by Kapo

6 hours ago, Kapo said:

and Juice Tanks. Worst CCC ever.

Totally agree! (That aside, I guess I was poking fun at apparent popularity/running joke of Magma Hurlers as this is named "The Archer's Tournament" which SMJ cards says there are a total of 34.)

Hear, hear - good news everyone!

@Lans dedicated loads of cards (see original post) to the Newcomer Card Pool, so depending on the number of participants it should be possible to hand out 2 or maybe even 3 cards per newbie.

A big thanks from me and of course the Newcomers who will receive those cards! :hypetrain:

17 hours ago, Lans said:

Totally agree! (That aside, I guess I was poking fun at apparent popularity/running joke of Magma Hurlers as this is named "The Archer's Tournament" which SMJ cards says there are a total of 34.)

There is no "apparent" popularity, the Magma Hurlers are just that superior and popular ;^)

Down with injustice! Magma Hurlers must be allowed into another CCC!

Octochicken likes this

19 hours ago, Lans said:

Can't believe is last day already and I am sooo far away from diff 5 (want to be greedy and have it count for daily quests). Yeah, let's keep trying! 🙂

True, today is the last day. About 6,5 hours left 😃

Edit: Time is up! I will check out the entries now.

Thanks to so many who helped promote the event, I feel a booster code incoming 😉

Additionally, due to the mega-generous donations I was able to make sure literally everybody gets something in the random draws.

Edited by Kapo

Due to the high number of participants, I decided to wait a day to send out the prices to be sure there are no objections because I overlooked a updated entry or something.

Random prizes and the Newcomer Card Pool will be sent out today.

Update: Sent out as promised, except some Evil Eyes and some Skylords had their mailbox full.

Update 2: Well of course I overlooked an entry, even one in the top20. 😞 Sorry @DemonRJ

Edited by Kapo
Metagross31 likes this

• Kapo unfeatured and unpinned this topic