Official Halloween Event: Spooky Encounters - UNTIL 2nd of November

Kapo

On 10/29/2022 at 1:52 PM, Majora said:

We considered multiple options actually. I requested an event unrelated to speed, since i wanted players to just enjoy the map in the way they liked, which also allowed us to have no restrictions on cards to use. It was also important to us that everyone would be able to complete the map, including beginners.

During playtesting we considered advanced or expert, and in the end went with expert after it became clear the lost souls version is easier than the original one, which turned it into a nice middle ground. We also hoped this would encourage players to ask for advice and tips, should they run into trouble completing it.

Ideally, its not a walk in the park, but also not super hard. We feel advanced would have been too easy for the average player, blasting through the map with ease, which would be a bit sad for the effort that went into it.

So far the response has been overwhelmingly positive, so I hope most people agree with our thoughtprocess, but we are open to feedback!

Honestly, I played it with a decent deck... But it was not that hard at all. lol,

If anything the Expert should actually be marked as the Advanced. Usually Expert maps have stupid gimmicks just so you can beat it... Lol. I feel like calling it "Expert" will scare newcomers. 😞

1 hour ago, ShrimpMilk said:

Honestly, I played it with a decent deck... But it was not that hard at all. lol,

If anything the Expert should actually be marked as the Advanced. Usually Expert maps have stupid gimmicks just so you can beat it... Lol. I feel like calling it "Expert" will scare newcomers. 😞

The map uses the same script as Encounters, meaning it can actually be played on lower difficulties. Also meant we couldnt name it advanced if its actually expert 😛

Finally got around to get a simple enough run.

I went pure twilight without aid of fire/nature cards (except for sunstriders at the start) to spice it up. It was fun! Using Hags to keep the hulks from getting annoying early on, finally getting to using the Protector's seal, exploiting the new traits of Mutating Maniac to just pour into a location in hopes of overwhelming the brutally short respawn timer on the Hulks. All while constantly having that little temptation to just bring the Amii Monument/Enlightenment to trivialize it all in the back.

SpiritAlpha and Majora like this

Greetings Skyfolk,

Only 6 hours in the Event left! To get you hyped up properly for the finish, we proudly present you some screenshots from the entries – since this is no contest but an event, there is no real reason to wait any longer. You will find many factions present, with even some hidden gems like a Tutorial Deck entry!

---> CLICK HERE <---

We received a sheer unending number of entries, so most likely I missed loads of cool action. Please drop me a note if I missed something spectacular, or even better: send a screenshot to me in a DM, so I can add it! 😃

1789787934_Tutorial2-COLLAGE.jpg.6959436dd38ddddc54d93ca1b2db9e15.jpg

Enjoy!

Edited by Kapo
Lans, Majora, Ultralord and 4 others like this

1 hour ago, Metagross31 said:

It turned out it was not because it was a new card, but because I am bad at math - or rather at reading 😛

oh.
so its all your fault? 😄 😄 😄

• Kapo unpinned and unfeatured this topic