Official Halloween Event: Spooky Encounters - UNTIL 2nd of November

Kapo

Welcome to the Official Halloween Event!

hallo_events.pngimage.png

The Lost Souls have altered the timeline again - instead of encountering Twilight, Rogan Kayle finds himself facing very different horrors. Enjoy a spooky experience, celebrate Halloween and the release of the new card “Evil Eye” with us!    

Everything you need to know:

• Map                 - Spooky Encounters (Community Map)
  • Difficulty          - Expert
  • Date                 - 28.10.2022 - 02.11.2022
  • Restrictions      - None
  • Goals                - Win the map on Expert difficulty
  • Prizes               - Either 1 Evil Eye (upcoming new card) or 1 Twilight Booster
  • Replays            - Send through DM on Discord (Kapo#0116) or PM on the forum (@Kapo).

Send in your replay, renamed to Halloween and your ingame name – for example: “Halloween_MyName.pmv” until the 2nd of November 2022, 23:59 CET. 

At the end of the event, we may make a compilation of interesting and/or funny replays/screenshots – by participating, you automatically agree to be included in that.

How To Play

Go to the Community Map section and select the Event map named Spooky Encounters / Gruselige Begegnungen / Rencontre avec les Perdus / Жуткие Стычки. Complete the map on expert and send me your replay.

How to access the map:

Spoiler

To access the map for the event (or any community map), select the blue icon in the far lower right corner:

grafik.png.d9cb0ef4003f5ae352574928c2dcb6e3.png

Select Expert difficulty, then scroll down to Spooky Encounters / Gruselige Begegnungen / Rencontre avec les Perdus / Жуткие Стычки and click continue – the map will download automatically. (You can also use the new Search-Feature to find it more quickly!) After the map has downloaded, you will find it in the top section of already downloaded maps.   

grafik.png.4b9e41ebd4e7efbcb3ae39162c073ae6.png   

How to get your replay:

Spoiler

Skylords Reborn automatically saves a replay file of the last match you play, named autosave.pmv. After playing the map, rename this file, so it doesn't get overwritten. You can find your replays here: Documents => Battleforge => replays.

Prize pool

image.pngFor this event, everybody will get a prize – you have a 50:50 chance to either get your hands on the upcoming new card Twilight Evil Eye or a Twilight Booster. There is no restriction on how many prizes we dish out, half of the players will get an Evil Eye, the others will receive the Booster, determined by a roll of the die. Please note that you can only enter once with one winning replay. Prizes will be sent out manually after the event ends. 

image.png

We are looking forward to your replays! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Last but not least, a big shoutout to those who helped with this Event: @LEBOVIN, @Dallarian, @Majora, @R4bitF00t, @Metagross31, @CrazyCockerell@SpiritAlpha and our map testers!

Best regards,
Skylords Reborn Team

• Kapo changed the title to Official Halloween Event: Spooky Encounters - UNTIL 2nd of November
  • Majora pinned this topic
7 hours ago, SHARKDOG said:

I enjoyed this version more than the original however I just completed on Expert but didn't get a Twilight Booster  😞 Oops i see now i was supposed to send the replay ..... facepalm

Yeah, you will receive the reward at the end of the event when the dice gets rolled who gets Evil Eyes, and who gets a Booster.

7 minutes ago, ShrimpMilk said:

Aw... Why on expert? Why not make an event that's just for fun and not difficult? 😞

This map is easier then the original, you should give it a try. Be patient and you can play it with very basic decks

2 hours ago, ShrimpMilk said:

Aw... Why on expert? Why not make an event that's just for fun and not difficult? 😞

We considered multiple options actually. I requested an event unrelated to speed, since i wanted players to just enjoy the map in the way they liked, which also allowed us to have no restrictions on cards to use. It was also important to us that everyone would be able to complete the map, including beginners.

During playtesting we considered advanced or expert, and in the end went with expert after it became clear the lost souls version is easier than the original one, which turned it into a nice middle ground. We also hoped this would encourage players to ask for advice and tips, should they run into trouble completing it.

Ideally, its not a walk in the park, but also not super hard. We feel advanced would have been too easy for the average player, blasting through the map with ease, which would be a bit sad for the effort that went into it.

So far the response has been overwhelmingly positive, so I hope most people agree with our thoughtprocess, but we are open to feedback!

DefAnske and Volin like this

I have to agree. For an expert map, it was quite easy. Not in a bad way though, just not as stressful and unforgiving as some campaign maps. You can take your time and won't have to worry about making mistakes you can't recover from.

You should have no trouble beating it with a deck that you can use to clear Encounters with Twilight on advanced.

Majora, Metagross31 and Kapo like this

Ok. This map is pretty awesome. It is more forgiving than the regular version since you don't have to contend with Whisperers blinding all your ranged units and vilebloods constantly applying aerial denial in their death, but not a cake-walk either. I especially like the couple of Lost reskins like the Lost archers and Lost Hulk. Makes me excited for the possibility of the Lost eventually getting a turn with deep-dives, alterations and expansion.

Definitely going to finish it with a twilight deck as it seems like a fitting twist for this map. First attempt got cut short due a crash so gonna try again tomorrow. I'll try to see if i can do something silly/interesting/stupid for compilation. no promises though. ^^

Kapo and Majora like this

11 hours ago, dontshoot said:

You can take your time and won't have to worry about making mistakes you can't recover from.

You should have no trouble beating it with a deck that you can use to clear Encounters with Twilight on advanced.

Happy to hear this feedback, this was more or less the target we were aiming for.

Like, if you enter the city zone and you get crushed by surprise flyers, but still no need to worry because you just can regroup and retry.

Majora and Deadman like this

I gave this a shot and I must agree it is easier and more forgiving than original (although I still took my time not know what exactly to expect).

So I accidentally let Rogan get drawn out and went attacking camp at 3rd orb all by himself before when I was planning to. I think I might had been in deep trouble or at least would had suffered lot heavier lost on original version but things went a lot better than I expected. Like original, the only "tricky" part is keeping Rogan from attacking one thing to next until he is completely surrounded (I think it just means don't engage too early/make sure you have decent amount of "fire power" and since this event is not time based, there isn't any pressure to rush)... After that you can take as long as you like (or at least until power wells run dry which at that point is not productive to wait much longer).

Majora and Kapo like this

I'm a newer player.. I've done twilight before on advanced but failed horribly on expert. However, I was able to do this map on expert on my second try after being more careful with Rogan advancing like others have said. I think this was a good difficulty ranging between expert / advanced given the time between objectives.

Majora, Kapo, Lans and 1 other like this

On 10/28/2022 at 9:35 PM, Kapo said:

It's the alternate timeline the Lost Souls are creating, like on Empire 😃

Show them no mercy!

I had a lot of fun playing this map. It feels so different to play because of the new look and other opponents.
I don't know the exact amount of work behind it (I'm sure it was a lot), but I'd be happy to get more in this direction. It doesn't have to be completely new maps.

Edited by Blashyrkh
Metagross31 and Lans like this

4 minutes ago, Blashyrkh said:

I had a lot of fun playing this map. It feels so different to play because of the new look and other opponents.
I don't know the exact amount of work behind it (I'm sure it was a lot), but I'd be happy to get more in this direction. It doesn't have to be completely new maps.

Neon Genesis campaign PvE project? 🤔

Blashyrkh likes this

After completing the achievement to beat all the campaign maps on expert, you get warped into a different dimention (new achievement) where everything has been taken over by Lost Souls. This gives you the ability to reply every map with different look and enemies, very similair to the spooky encounters map. 

Why make new maps if we can reuse existing maps 😛 

SpiritAlpha, Blashyrkh, Lans and 1 other like this

• Kapo unpinned and unfeatured this topic